weekdays

guvapo
I think this topic has been covered in the past.
But I don’t know how to access the archives.
I wonder when the nundinal cycle was replaced by the 7-day week.
I think in 45 BC this was a fact in Rome (thanks to Sosigenes), but before ?
And what about the eastern part of the empire ?

Guido

Re: weekdays

Karl Palmen
Dear Guido and Calendar People

I don't think the topic has been covered before.

I think the change from nundinal cycle to week occurred when Constantine was emperor and Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire, so requiring worship on Sunday. This would be before the split of the Roman empire.
Others are welcome to comment.