(no subject)

Jamison Painter
The problem is, is that the rules of the French Republican calendar are designed that the new year start on the Equinox as it is observed at the observatory in Paris. No more, no less. I don't see that there's a way around that.

Re: No Subject

Walter J Ziobro

Dear Jamison

The French Assembly decided the rules of the FRC in the first place IMO they are the authority for the calendar

The problem is, is that the rules of the French Republican calendar are designed that the new year start on the Equinox as it is observed at the observatory in Paris. No more, no less. I don't see that there's a way around that.

Re: No Subject

Dear Jamison

I note that the Iranian Solar Hijri Calendar described in Wikipedia shows a table from 1975-2041 in which we can see that the occurance of the northward equinox has a 33 year pattern So it seems to me that a rule for the FRC that had a 128 year cycle with sub cycles of 33-33-33-29 years would start on an equinox date almost every year for a long period

The problem is, is that the rules of the French Republican calendar are designed that the new year start on the Equinox as it is observed at the observatory in Paris. No more, no less. I don't see that there's a way around that.

Fwd: Cycles of Iranian Calendar

Walter J Ziobro

Oops Sorry Karl
I forgot a subject heading in my last response

Here is the same message with a subject heading

From: Walter J Ziobro <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Subject: RE: No Subject
To: yaakovbenavraham01 <[hidden email]>, CALNDR-L <[hidden email]>