chronology

guvapo
Hallo,

I was on this list 5-6 years ago. I wonder if I am still subscribed.
Meanwhile I forgot the do's and dont's.
So I wonder if people on this list are also concerned with chronology strictu sensu.
Or if there is a list dedicated to that subject.
I am interested specifically in the whereabouts of the Etchmiadzin manuscript(s) - the armenian translations of Eusebius's chronicon.

Guido

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: chronology

Peter Meyer-3
Guido wrote:

> So I wonder if people on this list are also concerned with chronology
> strictu sensu.

The late Lance Latham, formerly a member of this list,
wrote in his essay on "Technical Chronology" at
http://www.hermetic.ch/compsci/techchron.htm

"... there are essentially two parts to the definition of chronology.
The first part defines a science of computation, while the second
concerns the matter of 'assigning events to their true dates'. The
second part may be distinguished from the first as a more historical
and often narrative approach to the material. Thus, one may distinguish
'technical' chronology as consisting of the first part of the
definition, which concerns the computation of time, as opposed to
'historical' chronology.

Regards,
Peter Meyer
Hermetic Systems -- http://www.hermetic.ch/

Vatican digitisation agreement

John Dalziel
This may be of interest to the list.

This morning in the Holy See Press Office a press conference was held to present the agreement signed by NTT Data and the Vatican Apostolic Library for the plan to digitally archive 82,000 manuscripts.

John Dalziel
computus.org/journal