WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Калдархан Камбар

"Барахолка" на Товары@Mail.Ru. Покупай дешево, продавай выгодно. http://r.mail.ru/cln4270/torg.mail.ru/used/

WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR.doc (283K) Download Attachment

Re: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

The attachment seems too complicated to read and understand quickly, but it appears that a 2900-year cycle of 2989 lunar 12-month years equal to 1,059,023 days has been discovered.

It is one of the lunisolar cycles I have in
http://www.the-light.com/cal/Lunisolar4.html of
http://www.the-light.com/cal/kp_Lunisolar_xls.html
and so has a mean year of 365.24241 days and as mean month of 29.5305844 days.

The article also mentions an
X-cycle of 16 years = 198 lunar months = 5847 days - mean year 365.4375 days, mean month 29.503030303 days.
Y-cycle of 29-year cycle = 359 lunar months = 10592 days

Also it then shows some corrected X-cycles, which are ten or nine X cycles corrected by removing one month of 29 days.
I have shown such to the list before.
160 years has 198*10-1 = 1979 months equal to 5847*10-29 = 58441 days - mean year 365.25625 days, mean month 29.530571 days
144 years has 198*9-1 = 1781 months equal to 5847*9-29 = 52594 days - mean year 365.2361111 days, mean month 29.530601 days
He forms a 464-year Z-cycle of 29 X-cycles by combining two of the 160-year cycles with one of the 144-year cycles
464 years = 5739 months = 169476 days - mean year 365.25 days, mean month 29.530580 days.

I don't yet follow how he moves on from this to get the 2900-year cycle.

I will point out that the 2900-year cycle can be made from four 725-year cycles of 183*49=8967 months each. Three of which have 183*1447=264801 days and one has a day less, so giving the total of 4*264801-1=1,059,203 days.
So the 2,900-year cycle could be achieved by running the lunar months in a 49-month cycle of 1447 days and correcting this by dropping a day once every 2900 years and accompanying it with a solar calendar like the Julian calendar but with 22 leap days dropped every 29 centuries, which would then have the same number of days in 2900 years as 732 49-month cycles with one day dropped.

The 49-month cycle appears in my lunar yerm calendar
http://www.hermetic.ch/cal_stud/palmen/yerm1.htm and
Isaac Newton's idea of reforming the Julian Calendar
http://rsnr.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/59/3/223.full - Pity he missed the 2900-year cycle!

The Annuary calendar http://www.hermetic.ch/cal_stud/palmen/anry.htm , which I have invented some time ago has some similarities with this "World Triple Calendar".

Re: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Dear Kaldarchan and Calendar People

A relatively simple way of implementing a Triple Calendar with the 2900-year lunisolar cycle mentioned would be:

LUNAR CAENDAR with months run on a 49-month cycle of 1447 days in which the months are grouped into three periods of 17, 15 and 17 months within each the odd-numbered months have 30 days and the even-numbered months have 29 days. Once every 732 49-month cycles (which equal 2900 years) remove one day from a 30-day month.

SOLAR CALENDAR: Like the (proleptic) Gregorian calendar for years 1 to 2900, then repeating every 2900 years. In other words, a year is a leap year if and only if its number is divisible by 4, unless it is also divisible by 100, in which case it is a leap year if and only if its remainder when divided by 2900 is a positive multiple of 400.

LUNISOLAR CALENDAR: Months coincide with those of the lunar calendar. First month of the lunisolar year is first lunar month to begin in the corresponding solar calendar year.

This is like Isaac Newton's unpublished reform of the Julian Calendar
http://rsnr.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/59/3/223.full , except for the 2900-year cycle.

Re: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Irv Bromberg
On 2010 Apr 19, at 08:08 , Karl Palmen wrote:
Dear Kaldarchan and Calendar People
A relatively simple way of implementing a Triple Calendar with the 2900-year lunisolar cycle mentioned would be...

An 1803-year solar cycle containing 22300 lunar months would be even simpler, as the same cycle could be employed for both the solar and lunar cycles, with superior astronomical accuracy compared to the cycles that Kaldarchan selected.

-- Irv Bromberg, Toronto, Canada

896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Brij Bhushan Vij
Irv, Karl sirs:
>An 1803-year solar cycle containing 22300 lunar months would be even simpler, as >the same cycle could be employed for both the solar and lunar cycles, with superior >astronomical accuracy compared to the cycles that Kaldarchan selected.
You have your reasons to promote 1803-yrs/22300 lunation and/or 2900-year cycle, BUT the surest & possibly the smallest lunisolar cycle that I have been working & pointed is:
896-years/11082 lunation needing ONE day/tithi adjustment to show perfect alignment over (29*896)-year period during which ONE lunation gets 'automatically' adjusted for alignment providing CURRENT Mean Year & Mean Lunation. This period of 25984-years is almost *One cycle of Precession of Equinoxes*.

Dr AK Bag, sir:
Indeed it was great talking over the phone. I shall send you some details as promised in aday or so.
Regards,
Brij Bhushan Vij
(MJD 55305)/1726+D-120W17-01 (G. Monday, 2010 April 19H12:74 (decimal) EST
Aa Nau Bhadra Kritvo Yantu Vishwatah -Rg Veda
Jan:31; Feb:29; Mar:31; Apr:30; May:31; Jun:30
Jul:30; Aug:31; Sep:30; Oct:31; Nov:30; Dec:30
(365th day of Year is World Day)
******As per Kali V-GRhymeCalendaar*****
"Koi bhi cheshtha vayarth nahin hoti, purshaarth karne mein hai"
Author had NO interaction with The World Calendar Association
except via Media & Organisations to who I contributed for A
Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
My Profile:http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact # 001 (201) 675-8548

Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Irv Bromberg
<base href="x-msg://3/">
On 2010 Apr 19, at 12:44 , Brij Bhushan Vij wrote:
This period of 25984-years is almost *One cycle of Precession of Equinoxes*.

It is misleading to quote that cycle duration with 5 significant figures, as there are several factors that cause the rate of precession of the equinoxes to vary, such as:

- Earth axial tilt (precession is faster when the axial tilt is less)
- Earth orbital eccentricity (advance of perihelion is faster when eccentricity is less)

As a consequence, precession of the equinoxes should not be regarded as a fixed duration cycle -- each cycle duration can vary by many centuries, or perhaps more.

Although we can numerically integrate the Earth orbital eccentricity changes with probably acceptable accuracy for many millennia into the past and future, present knowledge leaves a lot of uncertainty for the Earth axial tilt cycle (beyond a few millennia from the present era).  The typical polynomials used to reckon Earth axial tilt (obliquity of the ecliptic) all go implausibly "wild" at some point outside a few thousand years from the present era.

-- Irv Bromberg, Toronto, Canada

Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Brij Bhushan Vij
Irv, CC sirs:
> On 2010 Apr 19, at 12:44 , Brij Bhushan Vij wrote:
This period of 25984-years is almost *One cycle of Precession of Equinoxes*.
>It is misleading to quote that cycle duration with 5 significant figures.....
I have only tried to point that most values that I have read in 'authentic sources' suggest the cycle to be 26000-years; such as Wikipedia at:
Axial precession (precession of the equinoxes): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession
reads:

"The Earth goes through one such complete precessional cycle in a period of approximately 26,000 years, during which the positions of stars as measured in the equatorial coordinate system will slowly change;….."

My earlier worked calculations, based on (assumed misleading....?) data can be seen: http://www.brijvij.com/bb_Precession-n-896-yrs.pdf

My regards,
Brij Bhushan Vij

(MJD 55305)/1726+D-120W17-01 (G. Monday, 2010 April 19H17:09 (decimal) EST
Aa Nau Bhadra Kritvo Yantu Vishwatah -Rg Veda
Jan:31; Feb:29; Mar:31; Apr:30; May:31; Jun:30
Jul:30; Aug:31; Sep:30; Oct:31; Nov:30; Dec:30
(365th day of Year is World Day)
******As per Kali V-GRhymeCalendaar*****
"Koi bhi cheshtha vayarth nahin hoti, purshaarth karne mein hai"
Author had NO interaction with The World Calendar Association
except via Media & Organisations to who I contributed for A
Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
My Profile:http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact # 001 (201) 675-8548

Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Dear Irv and Calendar People,

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Irv Bromberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2010 Apr 19, at 12:44 , Brij Bhushan Vij wrote:
>
> This period of 25984-years is almost *One cycle of Precession of Equinoxes*.
>
> It is misleading to quote that cycle duration with 5 significant figures, as

It is Brij's cycle that is quoted to 5 significant digits, which is
appropriate, in this case, because it's exactly 29 cycles of 896 years
or 25,984 years. I think what Brij is saying is that his cycle of 29
cycles of 896 years each approximates one cycle of the precession of
the equinox, which is also appropriate. I don't think he's claiming
that the precession of the equinoxes takes exactly 25984 years. In
fact, if you look carefully, he says "almost", implying it's not an
exact match.

Thanks RE: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Brij Bhushan Vij
(In Private)
Victor, sir:
I thank you for clearing 'doubt'?
Regards,
Brij Bhushan Vij

(MJD 55305)/1726+D-120W17-01 (G. Monday, 2010 April 19H17:31 (decimal) EST
Aa Nau Bhadra Kritvo Yantu Vishwatah -Rg Veda
Jan:31; Feb:29; Mar:31; Apr:30; May:31; Jun:30
Jul:30; Aug:31; Sep:30; Oct:31; Nov:30; Dec:30
(365th day of Year is World Day)
******As per Kali V-GRhymeCalendaar*****
"Koi bhi cheshtha vayarth nahin hoti, purshaarth karne mein hai"
Author had NO interaction with The World Calendar Association
except via Media & Organisations to who I contributed for A
Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
My Profile:http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact # 001 (201) 675-8548

> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:14:15 -0500

> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Dear Irv and Calendar People,
>
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Irv Bromberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 2010 Apr 19, at 12:44 , Brij Bhushan Vij wrote:
> >
> > This period of 25984-years is almost *One cycle of Precession of Equinoxes*.
> >
> > It is misleading to quote that cycle duration with 5 significant figures, as
>
> It is Brij's cycle that is quoted to 5 significant digits, which is
> appropriate, in this case, because it's exactly 29 cycles of 896 years
> or 25,984 years. I think what Brij is saying is that his cycle of 29
> cycles of 896 years each approximates one cycle of the precession of
> the equinox, which is also appropriate. I don't think he's claiming
> that the precession of the equinoxes takes exactly 25984 years. In
> fact, if you look carefully, he says "almost", implying it's not an
> exact match.
>
> Victor

896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Brij Bhushan Vij
Sirs:
Calndr-L message dated:

Your message dated Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:08:11 -0400 with...‏

refers.

Irv, Karl sirs:
>An 1803-year solar cycle containing 22300 lunar months would be even simpler, as >the same cycle could be employed for both the solar and lunar cycles, with superior >astronomical accuracy compared to the cycles that Kaldarchan selected.
You have your reasons to promote 1803-yrs/22300 lunation and/or 2900-year cycle, BUT the surest & possibly the smallest lunisolar cycle that I have been working & pointed is:
896-years/11082 lunation needing ONE day/tithi adjustment to show perfect alignment over (29*896)-year period during which ONE lunation gets 'automatically' adjusted for alignment providing CURRENT Mean Year & Mean Lunation. This period of 25984-years is almost *One cycle of Precession of Equinoxes*.

Dr AK Bag, sir:

Brij Bhushan Vij

(MJD 55305)/1726+D-120W17-01 (G. Monday, 2010 April 19H17:47 (decimal) EST

Aa Nau Bhadra Kritvo Yantu Vishwatah -Rg Veda
Jan:31; Feb:29; Mar:31; Apr:30; May:31; Jun:30
Jul:30; Aug:31; Sep:30; Oct:31; Nov:30; Dec:30
(365th day of Year is World Day)
******As per Kali V-GRhymeCalendaar*****
"Koi bhi cheshtha vayarth nahin hoti, purshaarth karne mein hai"
Author had NO interaction with The World Calendar Association
except via Media & Organisations to who I contributed for A
Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
My Profile:http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact # 001 (201) 675-8548

Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Dear Victor, Irv, Brij and Calendar People

I found that 30 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
26,880 years = 332459 months = 9,817,710 days, giving a mean month of
29.5305887... days.

I later found that 29 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
25,984 years = 321377 months = 9,490,453 days, giving a mean month of
29.5305918... days.

Both have a mean year of exactly 365.2421875 days, which can be obtained
from a 128-year cycle with 31 leap days or an 896-year cycle with 159
leap weeks.

Karl

11(03(06 till noon

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2010 Apr 19, at 12:44 , Brij Bhushan Vij wrote:
>
> This period of 25984-years is almost *One cycle of Precession of
Equinoxes*.

> It is misleading to quote that cycle duration with 5 significant
figures, as

It is Brij's cycle that is quoted to 5 significant digits, which is
appropriate, in this case, because it's exactly 29 cycles of 896 years
or 25,984 years. I think what Brij is saying is that his cycle of 29
cycles of 896 years each approximates one cycle of the precession of
the equinox, which is also appropriate. I don't think he's claiming
that the precession of the equinoxes takes exactly 25984 years. In
fact, if you look carefully, he says "almost", implying it's not an
exact match.

Scanned by iCritical.

Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Dear Brij and Calendar People

An 1803-year solar cycle containing 22300 lunar months would be even simpler, as >the same cycle could be employed for both the solar and lunar cycles, with superior >astronomical accuracy compared to the cycles that Kaldarchan selected.
You have your reasons to promote 1803-yrs/22300 lunation and/or 2900-year cycle, BUT the surest & possibly the smallest lunisolar cycle that I have been working & pointed is:
896-years/11082 lunation needing ONE day/tithi adjustment to show perfect alignment over (29*896)-year period during which ONE lunation gets 'automatically' adjusted for alignment providing CURRENT Mean Year & Mean Lunation. This period of 25984-years is almost *One cycle of Precession of Equinoxes*.

KARL SAYS: This 896-year cycle is not accurate enough. Brij admits this by stating that it needs an adjustment of one day or tithi. Neither the 1803-year cycle nor the 2900-year cycle  need any such adjustment.

There are also many other possible cycles see

[...]

Karl,Victor, Irv, CC sirs:
>KARL SAYS: This 896-year cycle is not accurate enough. Brij admits this by stating that it needs an >adjustment of one day or tithi. Neither the 1803-year cycle nor the 2900-year cycle  need any such >adjustment.
I also said, with ONE day/tithi added to 896-years, *ONE LUNATION* automatically get adjusted in 29*896=25984-year cycle.
As you would see, sir:  29*896 =25984-years = 321377.03441815 lunation (9490453.056 d)
             Mean Year = 365.2421875 days;     Mean Lunation = 29.530591797172791 day
This EXTRA lunation, I mention is from 29*11082 =321378th lunation, which spoils the Mean Lunation value; in 896-yrs/11082 lunation!
As far 1803-years and 2900-years, I place results as:

1803-years = 22299.98433866701 lunation (658531.668 d)

          Mean Year = 365.242374 days;         Mean Lunation = 29.53058296 days

2900-years = 35867.97259131132 lunation (1059202.35 d)

          Mean Year = 365.24206896552 days; Mean Lunation = 29.530556484889 days

My 834-year cycle is *more closer to reality* in EXACT match for lunisolar alignment, with

Mean Year =365.242206235012 days; Mean Lunation =29.53097431 days, using 304612 days in (BOTH) .

Please observe: 834-years =304611.9862 days; and 10315.1342 lunation =304611.9866 days.
Regards,
Brij Bhushan Vij

(MJD 55306)/1726+D-121W17-02 (G. Tuesday, 2010 April20H15:71 (decimal) EST

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:47:45 +0100
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Dear Brij and Calendar People

Also 834-years RE: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Brij Bhushan Vij

Karl, Victor, Irv CC sirs:
>Both have a mean year of exactly 365.2421875 days, which can be obtained
>from a 128-year cycle with 31 leap days or an 896-year cycle with 159
>leap weeks.
>> I found that 30 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of  26,880 years.......
 I have remained under 'scanner' for my 896-year cycle, and for quite long due to my INSISTING that the 896-year cycle had 'exactly (52*896)+159=46751 weeks' that produce a mean year value of 365.2421875 days i.e. (365+31/128) days!
10x3*896-years make 26880-years.
It shall be interesting to note:

834-years =304611.9862 days; and 10315.1342 lunation

Also, 10315.1342 lunation =304611.9866 d        (BOTH approximating 304612 days).

       Mean Year =365.242206235012 days; Mean Lunation =29.53097431 days

AUTOMATIC adjustment, I mentioned, of *one lunation - the 29*11082 =321378th* that get eliminated in 29 cycles of 896-years i.e. 25984-years/321377 lunation, make the perfect compromise getting:
25984-years =[1351168 normal weeks+(159*29)=4611 LWks]=1355779 weeks to give - Mean Year = 7*(52+4611/25984) =365.2421875 days.
and Mean Lunation =
29.530591797172791 days.
This period of 25984-years can also be composed of (31*834+128+2)-years.
Somehow, I do not see 'in what way are 1803-year & 2900-year cycles' supirior to my 29*896-year cycle:
 1803-years = 22299.98433866701 lunation (658531.668 days)

          Mean Year = 365.242374 days; Mean Lunation = 29.53058296 days

2900-years = 35867.97259131132 lunation (1059202.35 days)

          Mean Year = 365.24206896552 days; Mean Lunation = 29.530556484889 days.
Regards,

Brij Bhushan Vij
(MJD 55306)/1726+D-121W17-02 (G. Tuesday, 2010 April 20H17:69 (decimal) ES
Aa Nau Bhadra Kritvo Yantu Vishwatah -Rg Veda
Jan:31; Feb:29; Mar:31; Apr:30; May:31; Jun:30
Jul:30; Aug:31; Sep:30; Oct:31; Nov:30; Dec:30
(365th day of Year is World Day)
******As per Kali V-GRhymeCalendaar*****
"Koi bhi cheshtha vayarth nahin hoti, purshaarth karne mein hai"
Author had NO interaction with The World Calendar Association
except via Media & Organisations to who I contributed for A
Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
My Profile:http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact # 001 (201) 675-8548

> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:31:52 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Dear Victor, Irv, Brij and Calendar People
>
> I found that 30 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 26,880 years = 332459 months = 9,817,710 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305887... days.
>
> I later found that 29 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 25,984 years = 321377 months = 9,490,453 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305918... days.
>
> Both have a mean year of exactly 365.2421875 days, which can be obtained
> from a 128-year cycle with 31 leap days or an 896-year cycle with 159
> leap weeks.
>
> Karl
>
> 11(03(06 till noon

Re: Also 834-years RE: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Karl Palmen

Dear Brij, Victor, Irv and Calendar People

Brij said the following about the 834-year cycle

Mean Year =365.242206235012 days; Mean Lunation =29.53097431 days

This shows it to be a very poor lunisolar cycle, less accurate for the moon than the Julian Calendar’s  532-year Easter cycle.

Helios has discovered a lunisolar cycle of three and a half 834-year cycles: 2919 years, 36,103 lunar months and 3.5*304,612=1,066,142 days. Its mean month is 29.5305653… days and its mean year is of course that of the 834-year cycle. Seven 834-year cycles contains two of these cycles (5838 years of 72,206 lunar months).

Also I recall telling Brij that three 834-year cycles (each of 304612/7 = 43516 weeks) have 138*946 weeks so have exactly 965*946 tithis of 2/59 lunar months equated to 966/965 days. It is very fortunate that the 834-year cycle is a multiple of 46 weeks (one third of 138 weeks).

These tithis would give 309,945 25/59   lunar months to three 834-year cycles or 103,315 25/177 lunar months to 834 years.

The complete lunisolar cycle is 3*(29.5)*834 = 73,809 years of 912,890 lunar months and of 26,958,162 days = 3,851,166 weeks. It is also equal to 946 lunar 965-month cycles and to 88.5 834-year cycles. Two of these lunisolar cycles have 177 834-year cycles.

The mean year is 365.242206… days (same as for 834-year cycle) and the mean month is 29.53057… days (as for this tithi).

There is a much shorter lunisolar cycle that is based on the tithi of 2/59 lunar months equated to 966/965 days. It is the  3511-year cycle of 43,425 lunar months and 1,282,365 days = 183,195 weeks, which is equal to 45 lunar 965-month cycles. Its mean year is 365.24210… days and its mean month is of course the same 29.53057… days.

> [...]

Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
My Profile:http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact # 001 (201) 675-8548

> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:31:52 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Dear Victor, Irv, Brij and Calendar People
>
> I found that 30 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 26,880 years = 332459 months = 9,817,710 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305887... days.
>
> I later found that 29 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 25,984 years = 321377 months = 9,490,453 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305918... days.
>
> Both have a mean year of exactly 365.2421875 days, which can be obtained
> from a 128-year cycle with 31 leap days or an 896-year cycle with 159

Scanned by iCritical.

Exactness RE: Also 834-years RE: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Brij Bhushan Vij
Sirs:
>This shows it to be a very poor lunisolar cycle, less accurate for the moon than the Julian Calendar’s >532-year Easter cycle.
Purpose of my pointing to 834-year/(946*322) days cycle was merely suggesting - equality of : (BOTH solar and lunar - approximation to 304612 days) in 834-years.
304611.9862 days =834-years =10315.1342 lunation

Also, 10315.1342 lunation = 304611.9866 days

3 1/2 times 834-years are 2919-years (close to number of tithi in 8-year cycle).
Is what make me 'suggest its unique' property, as lunisolar? Epact difference between 10315.1342 lunation & 834-years is only (73106876688 - 73106876684) decimal seconds!
OTHER approximations, I suppose are HISTORY.
Regards,
Brij Bhushan Vij
(MJD 55307)/1726+D-122W17-03 (G. Wednesday, 2010 April 21H11:91 (decimal) EST
> [...]

Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
My Profile:http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact # 001 (201) 675-8548

> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:31:52 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Dear Victor, Irv, Brij and Calendar People
>
> I found that 30 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 26,880 years = 332459 months = 9,817,710 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305887... days.
>
> I later found that 29 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 25,984 years = 321377 months = 9,490,453 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305918... days.
>
> Both have a mean year of exactly 365.2421875 days, which can be obtained
> from a 128-year cycle with 31 leap days or an 896-year cycle with 159

Scanned by iCritical.

Re: Exactness RE: Also 834-years RE: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Karl Palmen

Dear Brij and Calendar People

A lunisolar cycle needs to have a whole number of years, lunar months and days.

Please see http://www.the-light.com/cal/kp_Lunisolar_xls.html  for examples.

Therefore, 834 years of 10315.1342 lunar months and 304611.9862 days  is NOT a lunisolar cycle.

834 years with 10315 lunar months and 304612 days is a poor lunisolar cycle. The mean month of 304612/10315 = 29.53059743… days, which Brij did calculate is inaccurate.

May be, Brij is suggesting a lunisolar 8,340,000-year cycle with 103,151,342 lunations and 3,046,119,862 days or perhaps

4,170,000 years with 51,575,671 lunations and 1,523,059,931 days.

I ask Brij to read about the 2919-year 73,809-year and 3511-year cycles again and to understand how the 834-year cycle appears in the 2919-year cycle, the tithi appears in the 3511-year cycle and both in the 73,809-year cycle.

When did Brij ever ask a question about and calendar person’s E-mail?

Karl

11(03(08 till noon

> [...]

Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
My Profile:http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact # 001 (201) 675-8548

> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:31:52 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Dear Victor, Irv, Brij and Calendar People
>
> I found that 30 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 26,880 years = 332459 months = 9,817,710 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305887... days.
>
> I later found that 29 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 25,984 years = 321377 months = 9,490,453 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305918... days.
>
> Both have a mean year of exactly 365.2421875 days, which can be obtained
> from a 128-year cycle with 31 leap days or an 896-year cycle with 159

Scanned by iCritical.

Scanned by iCritical.

2 / 59 tithi

Helios
I think I'm seeing a possible reason for a 2/59 month tithi. Consider the luni-solar cycle for which;

730 months = 59 years, and
luni-solar year = 365.37847 days = 12 & 22 / 59 months

This year drifts through the seasons in the prograde direction.

We can fill a year of 365 days with modular numbers ( 730 of them ), provided that there are TWO modular numbers per day. I have not determined their order. It would be possible to make occasional corrections if we knew the shift interval of the modular numbers.

Shift interval S = 1 / [ 730 - ( 59*Y / M ) ]

where Y is any acceptable solar year of one's choosing.

Yet if these corrections were done at two at a time, we'd want a double shift interval.

Double shift interval SS = 1 / [ 365 - ( 59 / 2 )*( Y / M ) ]

So, plug in, for example
Y = 365 & 31 / 128 days
then SS = 7.3452 years
Brij's 365 & 31 / 128 day year is corrected by a 2/59 month, on average, every 7.3452 years.

Re: Exactness RE: Also 834-years RE: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR

Brij Bhushan Vij
Karl, sir:
>When did Brij ever ask a question about and calendar person’s E-mail?
Karl is an "authority on CALENDARS", but I have not understood: Why does he consider my 834-year cycle INFIRIOR to 1803-year & 3150-year cycles? I gather from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunisolar_calendar
LUNISOLAR – adj.
Of or caused by both the sun and the moon; and relating to or attributed to the moon and the sun or their mutual relations.
A lunisolar calendar is a calendar in many cultures whose date indicates both the moon phase and the time of the solar year......
>Therefore, 834 years of 10315.1342 lunar months and 304611.9862 days  is NOT a lunisolar cycle.

>834 years with 10315 lunar months and 304612 days is a poor lunisolar cycle. The mean month of >304612/10315 = 29.53059743… days, which Brij did calculate is inaccurate.

 What Mean Year/Lunation values are obtained by Karl and/or his team.....since my learning is....agreed limited to my interpretations! I obtain these as:
Mean Year =304612 days/834 years =365d.242206235012 [365d 5h 48m 46s.6187] and
Mean Lunation =304612 days/10315 Lunar months=29d.53097431[29d 12h 44m 36s.18032].
Agreed, with these value the cycle is poor - compared with my 896-year cycle having Mean Year= 327257/896=365.2421875 days; and Mn Ln=327257/11082 =29.53049990976358058 days. I suggest improving this on using 29 cycles of 896-years to 29d.530591797173 [29d 12h 44m 3s.1313].

How are my calculations infirior to Mean Value for 1803-year & 3150-year lunisolar cycles, sir?
My *INTENTION* of pointing to exactness in 834-year cycle has been mis-understood - mark my "Also 834-years", in subject line.
Compensation of *epact duration* in: 304611.9862 days =834-years =10315.1342 lunation. THIS point,
the difference being ONLY (73106876688 - 73106876684) decimal seconds, is perhaps for astronomers to THINK HISTORIC, although not for Calendarists, as Karl points!
I, therefore, do not intend to refute his views - like my claim/discovery of 896-year cycle.
Regards,
Brij Bhushan Vij

(MJD 55308)/1726+D-123W17-04 (G. Thurday, 2010 April 22H15:85 (decimal) EST
> [...]

Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
My Profile:http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact # 001 (201) 675-8548

> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:31:52 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Dear Victor, Irv, Brij and Calendar People
>
> I found that 30 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 26,880 years = 332459 months = 9,817,710 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305887... days.
>
> I later found that 29 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 25,984 years = 321377 months = 9,490,453 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305918... days.
>
> Both have a mean year of exactly 365.2421875 days, which can be obtained
> from a 128-year cycle with 31 leap days or an 896-year cycle with 159

The answer from Brij’s question can be got by calculating the mean months:

834-year cycle: 304612 days, 10315 months, mean month 29.530973... days.

1803-year cycle: 658532 days, 22300 months, mean month 29.530583… days.

2900-year cycle: 1059203 days, 35868 months, mean month 29.530584… days.

3150-year cycle: 1150513 days, 38960 months, mean month 29.530621.. days.

All four cycles have an accurate mean year (between 365.2420 and 365.2425 days).

I don’t think the 3150-year cycle was introduced to this thread as a lunisolar cycle. It’s accuracy as such is not very good.

> [...]

Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
My Profile:http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact # 001 (201) 675-8548

> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:31:52 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 896-yr lunisolar cycle RE: WORLD TRIPLE CALENDAR
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Dear Victor, Irv, Brij and Calendar People
>
> I found that 30 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 26,880 years = 332459 months = 9,817,710 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305887... days.
>
> I later found that 29 896-year cycles make a lunisolar cycle of
> 25,984 years = 321377 months = 9,490,453 days, giving a mean month of
> 29.5305918... days.
>
> Both have a mean year of exactly 365.2421875 days, which can be obtained
> from a 128-year cycle with 31 leap days or an 896-year cycle with 159

Scanned by iCritical.

Scanned by iCritical.

Scanned by iCritical.