Victor's Turns & Blocks - types of quarters and years

Victor's Turns & Blocks - types of quarters and years

k.palmen@btinternet.com
This email originated from outside ECU.

Dear Victor and Calendar People

Victor suggested using blocks of 161 turns each to form a calendar. In each block, the turns alternate between 1 day and 2 days, so that the first and last turn of each block has 1 day. This gives each block 482 days. Years are made up of four quarters of 61 turns each.

I classified the quarters into four types and these form 13 types of year. In this note, I list the 13 types of year and the days of the block each of these years begin. But first, I define the 4 types of quarters.

Quarter type A begins and ends with a 1-day turn (within 1 block) 91 days

Quarter type B begins and ends with a 2-day turn (within 1 block) 92 days

Quarter type C begins with a 1-day turn and ends with a 2-day turn (across 2 blocks) 91 days

Quarter type D begins with a 2-day turn and ends with a 1-day turn (across 2 blocks) 91 days

The 13 year types followed by the day(s) of the block each begins are shown next.

ABCA odd 1 to 39

ADBA odd 41 to 79

ADBC odd 81 to 99

AABC 101 only

CABC odd 103 to 139

CADB odd 141 to 161

BADB even 2 to 38 (leap year)

BAAB 40 only (leap year)

BCAB even 42 to 78 (leap year)

BCAD even 80 to 100

DBAD even 102 to 138

DBAA 140 only

DBCA even 142 to 160

Years with 2 Bs are leap years and years with 1 B are common years.

Karl

Saturday Alpha March 2020