To the list.

Jamison Painter
think you misunderstand what I suggested. We can use the decade. We can use the French Republican calendar. Religious persons can continue to use the Gregorian calendar. And if someone wants to take every Sunday on the Gregorian calendar off, let them. That will amount to another day per decade. I already schedule when I clean the house and do the laundry according to the decade. Ultimately it results in my working so many days per 7-Day week. All I am suggesting, is that people get the 10 day off, the 5-day afternoon off (or the morning, depending on the job), and then one other day per decade. If people then wish to use the Gregorian calendar, the Hebrew calendar, or the Islamic calendar, and choose one day from those calendars to take off, I don't see that that would be a problem. It would in fact be a benefit. If for example, as a Christian, I choose to take off Sundays on the Gregorian calendar, that means that those days will be days during the middle of the decade. In addition to being able to go to church, I can get other things done because other people will be at work. This is unlike the current situation now. At present, people get the weekend off, but nobody can get anything done because everybody is off. In other words, everything is closed on the weekends, so our production falls dramatically.

Re: To the list.

Walter J Ziobro

Dear Mr Painter

It would appear that you yourself have chosen to use the French Republican Calendar as your personal calendar, which just proves my point: different strokes for different folks

Anyway if it makes you feel better, consider that the current Gregorian Calendar originated in the pagan Julian Calendar In fact it originally had an 8 day week which was replaced with the current 7 day week by Constatine. Even Easter was an outside lunar innovation grafted onto the solar Julian Calendar So that the idea that the current calendar is a Christian calendar ignores its pagan roots

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 Jamison Painter <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Metric Calendar Year Re: To the list.

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
Dear Mr Painter:
I am sure you have tried to examine my inputs of 1971-1973; and the reason I switched infavour of Modifying the current Gregorian Format by shifting Juky 31 to February 29(every year) so people born on Feb.29 celebrate their birth day EVERY year.
I thought you would rather find something
that I reverted back to “where I started from” the French calendar - that died a natural death.
image1.jpeg
This is a 10-day, 10-month format with TWO quinto-days of (10^6 - ie a million metric second) plan, put on shelf since 1990’s.
My Home Page May tell you, all & more to explore.
Today is my birth day (April 10) and have lived 29950 Days on planet Earth.
Ex-Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd.), Author
Brij-Gregorian Modified Calendar
Tuesday, 2018 April 10H12:21(decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 10, 2018, at 11:26 AM, Walter J Ziobro <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Re: Metric Calendar Year Re: To the list.

Jamison Painter
Dear Mr. Bhushan:

What is your homepage, that I might look at it?

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018, 11:14 AM Brij Bhushan metric VIJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

image1.jpeg (353K) Download Attachment

Re: Metric Calendar Year Re: To the list.

Karl Palmen - UKRI STFC

Dear Brij and Calendar People

Happy Birthday Brij. This looks like the Discordian Calendar, but with a ten-day ‘week’, which would repeat after 2 common years.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordian_calendar

Karl

[...]

Karl, sir:
I thank you for your wishes along with many of my welwishers.
Yes, originally I conceived that a 10x73-decadays would make my earlier efforts placed before the list.
This has been reproduced in my book: Towards A Unified Technology (1982).
I thank you.Please find news clip of Mr BrijBhushan Vij newscast on JAN tv, Jaipur 2018 Mar.08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CyoZXqK94o&feature=youtu.be

The link above is recorded in HINDI and was telecasted from Jan tv in India.
Ex-Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ, Author
Tuesday, 2018 April 10H12:53(decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

image001.jpg (353K) Download Attachment

[...]

Dear Brij

Happy 83rd birthday

I have to appreciate SOME of your ideas better with time

I think if 1 day is moved from July to Feb PLUS 1 day is moved from Jan to Feb AND keeping leap day in Feb, then all of the conditions of Christophe's equal calendar divisions are met (12ths of 30-31 days, 6ths of 60-61 days, 4ths of 91-92 days, 3rds of 121-122 days, and halves of 182-183 days)

Also, I have to to recognize that dropping 1 day in 128 years from the Julian calendar would have been the simplest reform. However a truncated 33 year cycle of 33-33-33-29 years would have made a 128 leap year cycle less jittery

Anyway happy 83rd b-day May you enjoy many more

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 Brij Bhushan metric VIJ <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Decimal Second & Nautucal Kilometre Re: Metric Calendar Year Re: To the list.

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
Walter, Karl, list sirs:
I thanks you for wishes.
>...then all of the conditions of Christophe's equal calendar divisions are met (12ths of 30-31 days, 6ths of 60-61 days, 4ths of 91-92 days, 3rds of 121-122 days, and halves of >182-183 days).
Does this, then make the calendar to be the Easiest, Surest & Cheapest EVER proposal to waste the tax-payers hard earned savings contributed to ‘Government Exchequor’; to be of use to progressive use for National Development. Think, then, the proposal I make is not of use on my desk top- the Organisation I may need to work for or the country to which I am loyal or a citizen of. My children & their children are all subjects of United States, settled here since some 25-years.
This is a proposal for United Nations, to become a candidate for Sorkd adoption in due course of time. Think, hard and also Think Metric - to which I relate my ideas down to METRE & SI-Units via velocity of light. Remember my definition for replacing the Nautical Mile, with Nautical Kilometre: as 1/100th of one-degree [The Metric Second; ISI Bulln.;V25 N4; pp.152-157;1973 April].
My proposal asks for just ONE shifting of July 31 to cater to the needs for people born on Feb.29...and why cannot the Leap Day (366th Day) be placed at mid-year ie. Between June 30 & July 01, like the World Peace Day (365th day or December 31).
Four quarters and two half years are still EQUAL; also following the “Fist rule & the knuckle/trough count of days in each month” already known to children & adults.
Regards,
Ex-Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd.), Author
Brij-Gregorian Modified Calendar
Tuesday, 2018 April 10H22:60 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

> then all of the conditions of Christophe's equal calendar divisions are met (12ths of 30-31 days, 6ths of 60-61 days, 4ths of 91-92 days, 3rds of 121-122 days, and halves of 182-183 days)

Re: Metric Calendar Year Re: To the list.

Karl Palmen - UKRI STFC

Dear Walter, Brij and Calendar People

I reckon Brij is just 82 years old. You can see below that Brij reckoned his age (possibly with my help) to be 29,950 days on his birthday.

This is 20*1461 + 2*365 = 29,950.  No leap days have occurred since April 10, 2016 .

Brij will be 30,000 days old on May 30.

Karl

Wednesday 2 of Diamonds

17(03(26

[...]

There are a few things I want to know about this calendar.

What is a leap year like?

When does the leap day occur and does it belong to a ten-day ‘week’?

The calendar shown appears to begin sometime in 1973 and end sometime in 1975 in the Gregorian calendar.

When do the new year days occur?

Perhaps, Brij never thought about leap years, because February 29 never occurred in 1973-1975.

Karl

Wednesday 2 of Diamonds

17(03(26

Re: Metric Calendar Year Re: To the list.

Karl, list sirs:
>...Brij reckoned his age (possibly with my help) to be 29,950 days on his birthday.
While I give credit to Karl, my working is straight & simple: 82x365.2421875=29,949.859375 (say, 29950) Days. Adding another 50 days till May 30, I shall be 30,000 days old.
I thank you Karl for your blessings & interest.
Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd.)
Wednesday, 2018 April 11H08:04(decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2018, at 7:49 AM, Karl Palmen - UKRI STFC <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Walter, Karl sirs:
>Brij would favor a leap day rule that drops >one day in 128 years, which has been >suggested as a rule for that calendar.
I thank you Walter.
This would also leave a door open to include ‘Year 0000’ in astronomy studies; and mg calculation between Mean Years of 128-year cycle and that between Gregorian/Julian calendars of 1 -day in 3200-years, can be seen: 3200x365.2425=1168776 days;
     3200x365.2421875=1168775 Days.
This is ‘exactly’ one day for future or past corrections.
Ex-Flt LtBrij Bhushan Vij (Retd.), Author
Brij-Gregorian Modified Calendar
Wednesday, 2018 April 11H12:46(decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

> Brij would favor a leap day rule that drops one day in 128 years, which has been suggested as a rule for that calendar

Re: Metric Calendar Year Re: To the list.

Karl Palmen - UKRI STFC
Dear Brij and Calendar People

I ask Brij what a leap year would look like in his calendar with 73-day 'month's and 10-day week, which he recently showed a picture of for two years spanning 1973-1975.

I also ask when does the New Year of this calendar occur for the two years shown?

>Brij would favor a leap day rule that drops >one day in 128 years, which has been >suggested as a rule for that calendar.
I thank you Walter.
This would also leave a door open to include ‘Year 0000’ in astronomy studies; and mg calculation between Mean Years of 128-year cycle and that between Gregorian/Julian calendars of 1 -day in 3200-years, can be seen: 3200x365.2425=1168776 days;
     3200x365.2421875=1168775 Days.
This is ‘exactly’ one day for future or past corrections.
Ex-Flt LtBrij Bhushan Vij (Retd.), Author
Brij-Gregorian Modified Calendar
Wednesday, 2018 April 11H12:46(decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

> Brij would favor a leap day rule that drops one day in 128 years, which has been suggested as a rule for that calendar

Placing Leap Days Re: Metric Calendar Year Re: To the list.

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
Karl, all:
>...in his calendar with 73-day 'month's and >10-day week, which he recently showed..
10-day Decaday has 2-quinto days, each of 10^6 metric seconds (see my published contribution (1973 April). The 5-day intervals were: (a) Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; and (b) Sigma-day, Alfa-day, Beta-day, Friday & Saturday.
Sunday & Sigma-day were proposed ‘No Work Days’ like Sundays.
What is the point after 50-years,.. ? This had been shelved around 1990’s; and work for other options...already discussed.
It can be placed, if Karl and the list wish to recommend its implitation, after 73rd ‘decaday’ ie Saturday but before the start of next year - ie Year 2544(Kali), every alternate year of 730-days- till 64 such years are over ie Y 2607(Kali).
This may mean ‘to follow div.4/skip128’ Rule
for Gregorian Era caldndar. No point over spilt milk now, since I do not recommend it’s use now in view of my Brij-Gregorian Modified Calendar. It was the FORMAT I pointed, wherefrom I started my tryst - currently it can be in continuation after the death of French Republican Calendar, to last for a mere 13-years.
Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd.), Author
Brij-Gregorian Modified Calendar
Thursday, 2018 April 12H08:65 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 12, 2018, at 7:40 AM, Karl Palmen - UKRI STFC <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Brij and Calendar People
>
> I ask Brij what a leap year would look like in his calendar with 73-day 'month's and 10-day week, which he recently showed a picture of for two years spanning 1973-1975.
>
> I also ask when does the New Year of this calendar occur for the two years shown?
>
> Karl
>
> 17(03(27

Re: Placing Leap Days Re: Metric Calendar Year Re: To the list.

Karl Palmen - UKRI STFC
Dear Brij and Calendar People

Thank you Brij for your reply.

I take it that Brij did not consider leap days when he made this calendar, even though about four or more of them occurred between the year shown and when the calendar was abandoned in the 1990s.

Brij did not make it clear whether the leap day belongs to his 10-day week, having not specified whether the first day of the next year is a Sunday. I think every year begins with a Sunday of his 'decaday' and so the leap day does not belong to any 'decaday' and so interrupts the 10-day 'decaday' cycle.

Thus the pairing of the years does not stop the 10-day cycle from being interrupted, but makes the interruption less frequent and by just one day.

A closer look at the picture showed that the new year was on December 23.

>...in his calendar with 73-day 'month's and >10-day week, which he recently showed..
10-day Decaday has 2-quinto days, each of 10^6 metric seconds (see my published contribution (1973 April). The 5-day intervals were: (a) Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; and (b) Sigma-day, Alfa-day, Beta-day, Friday & Saturday.
Sunday & Sigma-day were proposed ‘No Work Days’ like Sundays.
What is the point after 50-years,.. ? This had been shelved around 1990’s; and work for other options...already discussed.
It can be placed, if Karl and the list wish to recommend its implitation, after 73rd ‘decaday’ ie Saturday but before the start of next year - ie Year 2544(Kali), every alternate year of 730-days- till 64 such years are over ie Y 2607(Kali).
This may mean ‘to follow div.4/skip128’ Rule
for Gregorian Era caldndar. No point over spilt milk now, since I do not recommend it’s use now in view of my Brij-Gregorian Modified Calendar. It was the FORMAT I pointed, wherefrom I started my tryst - currently it can be in continuation after the death of French Republican Calendar, to last for a mere 13-years.
Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd.), Author
Brij-Gregorian Modified Calendar
Thursday, 2018 April 12H08:65 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 12, 2018, at 7:40 AM, Karl Palmen - UKRI STFC <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Brij and Calendar People
>
> I ask Brij what a leap year would look like in his calendar with 73-day 'month's and 10-day week, which he recently showed a picture of for two years spanning 1973-1975.
>
> I also ask when does the New Year of this calendar occur for the two years shown?
>
> Karl
>
> 17(03(27

12