The signature-date that I use in forums

6 W (South-Solstice WeekDate Calendar)

(...Wednesday of week 6 of the calendar-year starting with the Monday starting closest to the South-Solstice)

-------------------------------

That implies an astronomical year-start rule, but that's good enough for a brief introduction at a forum that isn't about astronomy or science.

At a forum interested in astronomy, science or reform, or if interest is expressed, justifying further information, I'd add;

"...or closest to an _approximation_ to the South-Solstice, based on the assumption that a South-Solstice occurs exactly every 356.2422 days...starting from the actual South-Solstice of Gregorian 2017."

6 M

Re: The signature-date that I use in forums

Michael Ossipoff
I said "6 M"

Of course I meant "6 W", because this is Wednesday.

6 W

Michael Ossipoff

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 3:37 PM Michael Ossipoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

Michael Ossipoff

6 W (South-Solstice WeekDate Calendar)

(...Wednesday of week 6 of the calendar-year starting with the Monday starting closest to the South-Solstice)

-------------------------------

That implies an astronomical year-start rule, but that's good enough for a brief introduction at a forum that isn't about astronomy or science.

At a forum interested in astronomy, science or reform, or if interest is expressed, justifying further information, I'd add;

"...or closest to an _approximation_ to the South-Solstice, based on the assumption that a South-Solstice occurs exactly every 356.2422 days...starting from the actual South-Solstice of Gregorian 2017."

6 M

Re: The signature-date that I use in forums

Michael Ossipoff
I said "356.2422 days".

I meant "365.2422 days."

6 W

Michael Ossipoff

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 3:39 PM Michael Ossipoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Signature - Date& Time Re: The signature-date that I use in forums

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
MichaelOssipoff, sir:
>I meant "<a href="tel:365.2422" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="1">365.2422 days."
I thank you. As you might know, I am a former Veteran of Indian Air Force; but diverted my interests for the Reform of Gregorian Calendar since 1971.
I had shown, in my calculations, this above Mean Year I’d obtained, using my 834-year cycle [(Divide SIX(6)] as 7*(52+1/6+9/834)=
365.242206235012 days.
image1.jpeg
Astronomers Average Mean Year, as above can be obtained (with or without Leap Days//Weeks) as abobe with my 448-years
or 896-year cycle- discussed with listserv since mid-2002. As pointed, I do not see difficulty in using HH/ISO formats on shifting July 31 to February 29, with 4-quarters or 2-half years, under reviews.
Using my above calculations, you may see my results BOTH FOR SOLAR AND LUNAR calendars. I thank you for your interest in my calendar FORMAT & discussed calculations.You May note, I also use “in my signature line Decimalised Time of the HOUR” on simple multiplying by 5/3 to read both time scales after the Hour.
Ex-Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd.), IAF
Wednesday,2019January 30H16:21(Decimal)
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 30, 2019, at 13:44, Michael Ossipoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dear Michael and Calendar People

Michael said
"...or closest to an _approximation_ to the South-Solstice, based on the assumption that a South-Solstice occurs exactly every 356.2422 days...starting from the actual South-Solstice of Gregorian 2017."

Which time zone is the actual South-Solstice of Gregorian 2017 reckoned in?
The year start days and thus the leap years depend on it.

This solstice occurred at Thu Dec 21 2017 16:27:50 UT/GMT

Karl

Thursday Alpha February 2019

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 5:05 AM K PALMEN <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Michael and Calendar People

Michael said
"...or closest to an _approximation_ to the South-Solstice, based on the assumption that a South-Solstice occurs exactly every 356.2422 days...starting from the actual South-Solstice of Gregorian 2017."

Which time zone is the actual South-Solstice of Gregorian 2017 reckoned in?

UTC.

Likewise my signature-dates.

6 Th

Michael Ossipoff