The Utility of the French Republican Calendar.

The Utility of the French Republican Calendar.

Jamison Painter
Well, since Michael and I are arguing the value of the FRC, allow me to share with the group something interesting. Iowa is right along the same latitude as the Il-de-France region. Quite a few States are in the USA, in particular the States that produce most of the food that Americans, and plenty of other people in the world (for example, Iowa and Nebraska grow more corn than any other part of the world, and fully half of that is for export) eat. I just noticed that today is Lilac Day on the FRC, which means that that flower is in season, both in the Il-de-France region, and in Iowa. So I have called the florist to order lilac, a dozen of them, for 4 May, right after pay-day for me, to give to my Wyfe. My point is to indicate that the FRC has use outside of France, in many of the nations that export the most food and other plant and animal products to other, needier places. Now this is the first time that I have ever used the FRC for any practical purpose, but it won't be the last. I think, Ladies and Gentlemen, that we have, in the FRC, a very much under-appreciated gem, that, if adopted more widely, could be of considerable benefit to the world. Of course, Mikey will have something negative to say, I am sure, but then again, what he says really has no value. Its just him wasting the precious air that the rest of us need to breathe, really. Go away, Mikey. You waste my time, and everybody's time, by your pointless blather.

Jamison

26 Germinal CCXXVII, Lilac

Re: The Utility of the French Republican Calendar.

sparkielee
Dear Jamison & calendar people,

I love the fragrant smell of lilacs. When I was a kid we had lilacs on the property line in our backyard.
I love cologne and other products that smelled like lilac-especially a tiny bottle of cologne or scented oil that Avon came out with one year that truly smelled like lilac.

I liked how you celebrated 26 Germinal by ordering a dozen lilacs for your wife.

This helped me forget for a second that today happens to be April 15 on the Gregorian Calendar-the day I call "Tax Day."

Paula

26 Germinal CCXXVII, Lilac

26 Germinal CCXXVII, Lilac