The First Day of the Age of Aquarius ;-)

The First Day of the Age of Aquarius ;-)

Walter J Ziobro
This email originated from outside ECU.

Dear Calendar List:

         I have identified the first day of the Age of Aquarius.  It was September 18, 1793.  On that day, during the period in which Gamma Arietis, the star identified as the First Point of Aires by Copernicus, was at the 30th tropical ecliptic degree, after the nearly equatorial sun had risen over what would become East Capitol Street, George Washington, then first President of the United States, appropriately wearing the regalia of the Masonic Lodge, that ancient guild of builders, mounted Jenkins Hill. at a point just a few hundred feet west of 77 West Longitude, the meridian that many years earlier John Dee had identified as "God's Longitude,"  to dedicate the cornerstone of the US Capitol building, from which point the radial Maryland and Pennsylvania Avenues would mark the rising and setting of the sun at the solstices.

Now, admittedly, the Age of Aquarius is such a squishy concept, that many curious measures have been suggested to mark its beginning.  But, IMO, few events combine esoteric symbols of time and place more wonderfully than this one.

Re: The First Day of the Age of Aquarius ;-)

Ed Kohout-2
This email originated from outside ECU.

Hi Walter,

I'll buy all of that, except the part about Maryland and Pennsylvania Avenues marking the rising and setting sun at the solstices.

Those avenues are at a 19.5° angle from latitude.  Curiously, the "Statue of Freedom" atop the Capitol dome is 19.5 feet tall, and we now inaugurate Presidents at that site 19.5 days into the new year, when the Sun is in the first degree of Aquarius.

- Ed

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 8:15 AM, Walter J Ziobro
[...]

Hi Walter--

If the Northward-Equinox reached the ecliptic longitude of Gamma Arietis in 1783, then I made an error.

...because, by my determination of Gamma Arietis' ecliptic-longitude, 33.55156863, that would have occurred in 1763 (by the average precession rate of 26000/360) or in 1765 (by what someone quoted as the current precession-rate).

6 Th
Aquarius 11th
Januarius 30th, 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 10:15 AM Walter J Ziobro <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Michael Ossipoff
This email originated from outside ECU.

I meant to say that if the Northward-Equinox reached sidereal Aquarius in 1783, with the sidereal 1st point of Aries having the ecliptic-longitude of Gamma Arietis, then I made an error.

...because, given that ecliptic-longitude of the sidereal 1st point  of Aries, I determined that sidereal Aquarius would have been reached in 1763 or 1765, depending on whether the average precession-rate, or the quoted current precession-rate is used.

6 Th
Aquarius 11th
Januarius 30th, 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 3:06 PM Michael Ossipoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dear Michael

I'm sorry but I didn't mean to suggest that it reach that degree on the precise year and day I meant simply that the star was in that ecliptic degree, and would remain so for about 70 years

WalterZiobro

On Thursday, January 30, 2020 Michael Ossipoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dear Ed

Close enough for government work

WalterZiobro

On Thursday, January 30, 2020 Ed Kohout <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

13520.11.11 - Re: The First Day of the Age of Aquarius ;-)

Litmus A Freeman
This email originated from outside ECU.

11♒13520 UCC

Walter

Interesting! Well Washington is certainly packed with Freemasonic and esoteric symbolism...

Litmus

-----------------------
Litmus A Freeman
Creator of the Universal Celestial Calendar
www.universalcelestialcalendar.com
On 1/30/20 3:15 PM, Walter J Ziobro wrote:
[...]

:-D:-D:-D
On 1/30/20 8:23 PM, Walter J Ziobro wrote:
[...]

Ok, understood.

6 Th
Aquarius 11th
Januarius 30th, 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 3:22 PM Walter J Ziobro <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Walter Ziobro