South-Solstice Consistent-Date Ecliptic-Months Calendar

South-Solstice Consistent-Date Ecliptic-Months Calendar

Michael Ossipoff
This email originated from outside ECU.

The year still starts with Capricorn 1st.
.
A date other than the 1st day of the year is specified as the date that is defined as the day tha t starts closest to a specified ecliptic-longitude.
.
Month-lengths the same as those of South-Solstice Ecliptic-Months, except that the extra day is added after the date preceding the day that is defined as the day that starts as close as possibe to a specific ecliptic-longitude.
.
Of course it goes without saying that the automatic leapday occurs just before the date defined as the day that starts nearest to a specified ecliptic-longitude.
.
I suggest two possibilities combinations of for 1) a date defined as the day defined as the day that starts nearest to a specified ecliptic-lomgitude; and 2) that specfied ecliptic-longitude:
.
1. The first day of Taurus is defined as the day that starts closest to the moment when the Solar ecliptic-longitude is is 30 degrees.
.
Or
.
2. Taurus 13th is defined as the day that starts closest to the moment when the Solar ecliptic-lomgitude is 42.62217 degrees. The day before that day is defined as Beltane.
.
That above-specified ecliptic-longitude is the Spring ecliptic-longitude at which  the Solar declination is 2/3 max.
.
As I said, the extra day is added inserted immediately before whichever of the two above-stated dates is used to define the calendar's seasonal-positioning.  ...and of course the automatic leapday occurs then too.
.
In that way, the ecliptic-error caused by the extra day and the leapday only affect two days of the year.
.
As with my other calendar-proposals, of course there's an arithmetical-approximation to the day with that ecliptic-longitude, based on an assumed tropical-year-length determinable in the same manner by which I determined the average lengths of the South-Solstice and the North-Solstice  tropical-years.
.
That arithmetical-approximation would be the basis of my main proposal for the above two versions of the South-Solstice Consistent-Date Ecliptic-Months Calendar.
.
9 Th
.
Pisces 2nd
.
Februarius 20th

Re: South-Solstice Consistent-Date Ecliptic-Months Calendar

Litmus A Freeman
This email originated from outside ECU.

3♓20 UCC

Michael

So this is another calendar version yeah?

Maybe you can come up with a snazzier title! ;)

Litmus

-----------------------
Litmus A Freeman
Creator of the Universal Celestial Calendar (UCC)
www.universalcelestialcalendar.com
On 2/20/20 5:29 PM, Michael Ossipoff wrote:
[...]

Litmus--

Yes, it's another version (pair of versions) of South-Solstice Ecliptic-Months.

All 3 versions start the year near the South-Solstice.

The original version keeps Capricorn 1 as close as possible to a desired Solar ecliptic-longitude (270).

The two other versions keep Taurus 1st or Taurus 13 as close as possible to a desired ecliptic-longitude.

I call that South-Solstice Consistent-Date Ecliptic-Months Calendar, to emphasize that a date other than year-start is kept as close as possible to a desired ecliptic-longitude.

I agree that the name is rather long, and would need some abbreviating for a public-proposal.

9 Sa
Pisces 4th
Februarius 22nd, 2020