Sliding and table calendars

Valentin Hristov
contains many different kinds of calendar constructions, both with or without movable parts.
I hope you will find some interesting ideas there !
Best wishes !
Valentin

Re: Sliding and table calendars

Karl Palmen

Dear Valentin and Calendar People

I could use the 4-year table shown under (2012). For all years, one would need seven such tables. Each of the four years of the table would be replaced by a list of all the years that can occur in that place over 400-years.

For example 2012 could be replaced by all the years listed in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_year_starting_on_Sunday  for four centuries, 2013 would be replaced by the same but a year later etc.

Only four centuries of year need by listed, because the Gregorian 400-year cycle has a whole number of weeks, so repeats for day of week. About 14 or 15 years would be listed in each corner in place of the single year. The exact number would vary from table to table.

--
Scanned by iCritical.

Re: Sliding and table calendars

Vladimir Pakhomov-2

One ancient calendar table solves this problem.

http://www.pakhomov.com/calendar.html

Vladimir

contains many different kinds of calendar constructions, both with or without movable parts.

I hope you will find some interesting ideas there !

Best wishes !

Valentin

divide 4/400 vs divide 4/128th yearsRE: Sliding and table calendars

Vladimir Pokhomir sir(s):
(from the document :http://www.pakhomov.com/calendar.html )
>.....This gives an error of 1 day in 128-years?
This only gives (3x365+366) :4 =365.25 days. How does it give Mean Years of (365+31/128) i.e. 1 day in 128 years?
Assuming this, sir, Did Pope Gregory fail to notice this 'scheme' or he corrected only the Julinan calendar making it Gregorian; correcting the Rule *divide four and also 400* to plan Leap Days?  THIS certainly was a good approximation, though.
Please see my ONE month format for FULL year expression at: http://www.brijvij.com/bb_1-monthYEAR-fmt.pdf
My placing a comparision with the World Calendar Organisation format can be seen at: http://www.brijvij.com/bb-cal-2013vstWCA.pdf
Regards,
Brij Bhushan Vij
Monday, 2013 April 22H17:85(decimal)EST
Aa Nau Bhadra Kritvo Yantu Vishwatah -Rg Veda
The Astronomical Poem (revised number of days in any month)
"30 days has July,September,
April, June, November and December
all the rest have 31 except February which has 29
except on years divisible evenly by 4;
except when YEAR divisible by 128 and 3200 -
as long as you remember that
"October (meaning 8) is the 10th month; and
December (meaning 10) is the 12th BUT has 30 days & ONE
OUTSIDE of calendar-format"
Jan:31; Feb:29; Mar:31; Apr:30; May:31; Jun:30
Jul:30; Aug:31; Sep:30; Oct:31; Nov:30; Dec:30
(365th day of Year is World Day)
******As per Kali V-GRhymeCalendaar*****
"Koi bhi cheshtha vayarth nahin hoti, purshaarth karne mein hai"
My Profile - http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
Author had NO interaction with The World Calendar Association
except via Media & Organisations to who I contributed for A
Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact via E-mail: [hidden email] OR
"GAYATRI LOK"  Flat # 3013/3rd Floor
NH-58, Kankhal Bypass, Dev-Bhoomi, HARIDWAR-249408 (Uttrakhand - INDIA)

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:52:40 +0400
From: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Sliding and table calendars
To: [hidden email]

One ancient calendar table solves this problem.

http://www.pakhomov.com/calendar.html

Vladimir

contains many different kinds of calendar constructions, both with or without movable parts.

I hope you will find some interesting ideas there !

Best wishes !

Valentin

Re: divide 4/400 vs divide 4/128th yearsRE: Sliding and table calendars

Vladimir Pakhomov-2

This ancient calendar table allows to determine the Julian and Gregorian calendar for any year.

Vladimir

>.....This gives an error of 1 day in 128-years?
This only gives (3x365+366) :4 =365.25 days.
How does it give Mean Years of (365+31/128) i.e. 1 day in 128 years?

Re: divide 4/400 vs divide 4/128th yearsRE: Sliding and table calendars

For any calendar that has a leap year every four years with exceptions, the position P in the table of year Y is given by:

P = (Y + 16*E) mod 28, where E is the number of exceptions in the past.

Note that moving forward 16 in the table (or back 12) moves the letter 1 back in the cycle A to G, this cancels out the effect of a leap year.

Karl