Short (very short) year

As you are probably aware, Dell recently merged with EMC. As part of that merger, Dell also acquired majority stock in VMWare. VMWare is still a separate company, but the company will be changing fiscal years to align with Dell. The result is that the current year is an extremely short year, going from January 1 to February 3, only 34 days.

I was made aware of this because I'm a VMWare employee now, and although bonuses are normally calculated based upon company and individual performance, for this year, everyone is being paid out at 100% of bonus target.

Re: Short (very short) year

Karl Palmen

Dear Victor and Calendar People

Was this decision made after January 1, which would be too late for the option of a long year of exactly 400 days?

As you are probably aware, Dell recently merged with EMC. As part of that merger, Dell also acquired majority stock in VMWare. VMWare is still a separate company, but the company will be changing fiscal years to align with Dell. The result is that the current year is an extremely short year, going from January 1 to February 3, only 34 days.

I was made aware of this because I'm a VMWare employee now, and although bonuses are normally calculated based upon company and individual performance, for this year, everyone is being paid out at 100% of bonus target.

Re: Short (very short) year

Victor Engel
No. The decision was made a year or so ago, I think. I thought we were going to have a 400 day year, actually, because some of our benefits are calculated on a 13 month year.

Victor