SI Units RE: Democratic Values Re: stand with me

SI Units RE: Democratic Values Re: stand with me

Karl Palmen
Dear Michael, Bill, Brij & Calendar People

I suggest you read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units especially if the SI brochure is not at hand.

The definition of the second between 1956 and 1967 was 1/31,556,925.9747 of the tropical year for 1900 January 0 at 12:00 ephemeris time, making this tropical year exactly 365.24219878125 days of 86,400 seconds. When I look into the Wikipedia article for tropical year to find out exactly what is meant by tropical year in this context, I find a table with two possibilities
shown at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_year#18th_and_19th_century :
Leverrier's for which T is zero at January 0.5 and Newcomb's whose value at January 0.0 is the value I reckoned for days of 86,400 seconds rounded to the nearest millionth of a day. It is possible that Wikipedia has not got the exact details correct.