Re: Tsunami warning at sccension

Aristeo Fernando
Dear Calendar People,

The predicted fragment from comet SW-3 falling in the Atlantic Ocean and creating a mega tsunami did not come to pass on May 25, 2006.    It is now May 28 and the comet and its fragments must have passed the Earth and are now nearing the sun.

I first read about this prediction of the Frenchman Eric Julien from the posting of Sepp Rotwangl on May 6 and I responded as follows:
“I would like to share with you what the Holy Spirit told us about a coming catastrophe on earth which is something similar to the warning raised.  The Holy Spirit did not tell us when it will happen though, but it will surely happen.

“I do not have His exact words.  I have to search for it among my copies of audio tapes of our sessions with Him.  But from what I remember, He said that there will be an object that will fall from the sky into the ocean which will create big waves and the water to boil.  This means that the sea water will become hot.  How could that be?  “

I can only conclude that the passing of this comet to Earth this year is not what the Holy Spirit is referring to that will fall from the sky.  This periodic comet makes its journey around the sun every 5.3 years or thereabout.  So it will return again in 2011, 2016, etc.  Who knows?  The prophecy may happen on the other years when this comet returns or by a different comet or by one of the many meteors that are traveling in space.  As I said, the Holy Spirit did not mention the date when His prophecy that He revealed in the 1990s will happen.

But His prophecy in the 1990s of the water from the sea getting out and onto land happened, I believe, with the Indian Ocean tsunami in December 2004 that killed more than 200,000 people.  I realized this after the event.  All the while, I thought He was referring to the rise of sea water level due to global warming and never a tsunami (I did not know how devastating a tsunami could be.  It rarely occur though).  But this rise in level of sea water due to global warming will not kill many people as said in the prophecy.  A tsunami can.  And it did in December 2004.

The Holy Spirit mentioned to us that God is giving time for man to change.  He cites Noah who warned people of the impending flood that is why he built the ark for 101 years.  But people laughed at him and they even became more evil.  When the flood came, only Noah, his three sons and their wives, and the pairs of animals were saved.  It was an ark, the vessel, that was used to save them.  Next time, the Holy Spirit told us, another kind of vessel will be used to save 144,000 marked good people only.  Would you like to know the kind of vessel that will be used?  Whenever this happens within 200 years, just be prepared and be good.  We know that one day, we will surely die and leave our mortal body behind.  So change our wrong beliefs.  Change our wrong and evil ways and deeds.  Change for the better while there is limited time left.

Best regards,
Aristeo Canlas Fernando, Peace Crusader
Motto:  pro aris et focis

On Yahoo!7
360°: Your own space to share what you want with who you want!

Re: Tsunami warning at sccension

VictorEngel
Dear Aristeo,

> The Holy Spirit mentioned to us that God is giving
> time for man to change.  He cites Noah who warned
> people of the impending flood that is why he built
> the ark for 101 years.  But people laughed at him
> and they even became more evil.  When the flood came,
> only Noah, his three sons and their wives, and the
> pairs of animals were saved.  It was an ark, the
> vessel, that was used to save them.  Next time, the
> Holy Spirit told us, another kind of vessel will be
> used to save 144,000 marked good people only.  Would
> you like to know the kind of vessel that will be used?

I know what kind of vessel it is. It is a fallout shelter.
How do I know this? God appeared to my ex-wife in a dream
where he commanded me and my three sons to build of fallout
shelter. All the dimensions and other specifications were
given in some detail. Alas, I only have daughters, so the
fallout shelter has not yet been built. Furthermore, the
dream was no revealed to me but to my ex-wife, who did not
make any blueprints. We are also divorced now, and she's
not talking to me, so I guess we're all doomed now.

Re: Tsunami warning at sccension

Lance Latham
RE:

> God appeared to my ex-wife in a
> dream
> where he commanded me and my three sons to build of
> fallout
> shelter...  Alas, I only have daughters,
> so the
> fallout shelter has not yet been built.

Lance interjects:
O ye of little faith! If thou shall but build thy
shelter, thy daughters shall be mutated by the Divine
Radiation into sons, and the Word shall be
accomplished in the Lord's time.

-Lance

Lance Latham
[hidden email]
Phone:    (518) 274-0570
Address: 78 Hudson Avenue/1st Floor, Green Island, NY 12183

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Tsunami warning at sccension

Aristeo Fernando
Dear Victor and Calendar People,

The fallout shelter is not a vessel.  It cannot take you elsewhere.  The vessels that the Holy Spirit mentioned will transport these chosen 144,000 marked good people somewhere that will escape the wrath of God on the people of this Earth.  These 144,000 people will be the ones who will restart or repopulate this world beginning the year 2200.  And the 1000 years of peace, or what people call the Millennium, will commence.

The Holy Spirit told these vessels to us not in a dream but when we were wide-awake and His words were tape recorded.  I can quote Him word for word or verbatim.  I heard Him said about this in two different sessions, that is why when He asked questions during the second occasion, the listeners were able to answer Him for they knew.

I do not know when these vessels will take these good people.  But whenever they come, let us be prepared and remain good always.

Best regards,
Aristeo Canlas Fernando, Peace Crusader
Motto:  pro aris et focis

"Engel,Victor" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Aristeo,

> The Holy Spirit mentioned to us that God is giving
> time for man to change. He cites Noah who warned
> people of the impending flood that is why he built
> the ark for 101 years. But people laughed at him
> and they even became more evil. When the flood came,
> only Noah, his three sons and their wives, and the
> pairs of animals were saved. It was an ark, the
> vessel, that was used to save them. Next time, the
> Holy Spirit told us, another kind of vessel will be
> used to save 144,000 marked good people only. Would
> you like to know the kind of vessel that will be used?

I know what kind of vessel it is. It is a fallout shelter.
How do I know this? God appeared to my ex-wife in a dream
where he commanded me and my three sons to build of fallout
shelter. All the dimensions and other specifications were
given in some detail. Alas, I only have daughters, so the
fallout shelter has not yet been built. Furthermore, the
dream was no revealed to me but to my ex-wife, who did not
make any blueprints. We are also divorced now, and she's
not talking to me, so I guess we're all doomed now.

Victor

On Yahoo!7
Answers: Real people ask and answer questions on any topic.

Re: Tsunami warning at sccension

VictorEngel
Dear Aristeo,

> The fallout shelter is not a vessel.  It cannot take you elsewhere.

This is an assumption that I have not made. There was nothing in the
dream preventing it from being a vessel. But unless the message is
sent again, we won't know for sure.

Re: Tsunami warning at sccension

Lance Latham
RE:
> > The fallout shelter is not a vessel.  It cannot
> take you elsewhere.

Lance replies:
If one emerges from the shelter to find a radically
altered landscape, it could be argued that one has
gone 'elsewhere'. And large enough energy releases
might alter the tilt of the Earth's axis, changing the
coordinates of 'here', so that one has indeed moved,
relative to the coordinate system.

> This is an assumption that I have not made. There
> was nothing in the
> dream preventing it from being a vessel. But unless
> the message is
> sent again, we won't know for sure.

Lance replies:
A fine theological point. If the message is almost
identical, referring to 3.1 sons, for example, then
some garbling is implied. But these are Capitalized
Messages, implying perfection of transmission.

On the other hand, exact duplication implies
perfection in the Sender (assumed), the Channel
(unknown) and Receiver (temporary and possibly
heretical). This conundrum is commonly referred to as
Shannon's Second Manichaean Law of Ergodic Heresy.

There is, not surprisingly, actually a trinity of
possibilities, but one cannot state 'but on yet the
OTHER hand' until AFTER the radiation event and
subsequent mutations, so it is pointless to discuss
the issue further here (vide Latham's First Law of
Manual Limitation - "if 'tis not sinister, then let it
be dextrously done'.).

-Lance

Lance Latham
[hidden email]
Phone:    (518) 274-0570
Address: 78 Hudson Avenue/1st Floor, Green Island, NY 12183

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Tsunami warning at sccension

Ed Kohout
Aristeo,

I'm not following this.  Will there be 144,000 vessels, or just one?

- Ed

P.S. -- Seven of each animal were taken aboard Noah's Ark, not two.

--- Aristeo Fernando <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Victor and Calendar People,
>
>   The fallout shelter is not a vessel.  It cannot take you elsewhere.
>  The vessels that the Holy Spirit mentioned will transport these
> chosen 144,000 marked good people somewhere that will escape the
> wrath of God on the people of this Earth.  These 144,000 people will
> be the ones who will restart or repopulate this world beginning the
> year 2200.  And the 1000 years of peace, or what people call the
> Millennium, will commence.
>
>   The Holy Spirit told these vessels to us not in a dream but when we
> were wide-awake and His words were tape recorded.  I can quote Him
> word for word or verbatim.  I heard Him said about this in two
> different sessions, that is why when He asked questions during the
> second occasion, the listeners were able to answer Him for they knew.
>
>   I do not know when these vessels will take these good people.  But
> whenever they come, let us be prepared and remain good always.
>
>   Best regards,
>   Aristeo Canlas Fernando, Peace Crusader
>   Motto:  pro aris et focis
>   http://www.geocities.com/peacecrusader888/
>

> "Engel,Victor" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>   Dear Aristeo,
>
> > The Holy Spirit mentioned to us that God is giving
> > time for man to change. He cites Noah who warned
> > people of the impending flood that is why he built
> > the ark for 101 years. But people laughed at him
> > and they even became more evil. When the flood came,
> > only Noah, his three sons and their wives, and the
> > pairs of animals were saved. It was an ark, the
> > vessel, that was used to save them. Next time, the
> > Holy Spirit told us, another kind of vessel will be
> > used to save 144,000 marked good people only. Would
> > you like to know the kind of vessel that will be used?
>
> I know what kind of vessel it is. It is a fallout shelter.
> How do I know this? God appeared to my ex-wife in a dream
> where he commanded me and my three sons to build of fallout
> shelter. All the dimensions and other specifications were
> given in some detail. Alas, I only have daughters, so the
> fallout shelter has not yet been built. Furthermore, the
> dream was no revealed to me but to my ex-wife, who did not
> make any blueprints. We are also divorced now, and she's
> not talking to me, so I guess we're all doomed now.
>
> Victor
>

> ---------------------------------
> On Yahoo!7
>   Answers: Real people ask and answer questions on any topic.

Re: Tsunami warning at sccension

VictorEngel
Dear Ed, Aristeo and CP,

> P.S. -- Seven of each animal were taken aboard Noah's Ark, not two.

There were two of each animal except the food/clean animals, which numbered
7 pairs (or possibly 7 animals) Gen. 7:2-3. But also see Gen. 6: 19-20.
Actually, the biblical text is a bit ambiguous about these numbers, probably
because the texts come from multiple traditions.

Re: Tsunami warning at sccension

Ed Kohout
Victor,

Thanks for the clarification.

- Ed

--- "Engel,Victor" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Ed, Aristeo and CP,
>
> > P.S. -- Seven of each animal were taken aboard Noah's Ark, not two.
>
> There were two of each animal except the food/clean animals, which
> numbered
> 7 pairs (or possibly 7 animals) Gen. 7:2-3. But also see Gen. 6:
> 19-20.
> Actually, the biblical text is a bit ambiguous about these numbers,
> probably
> because the texts come from multiple traditions.
>
> Victor

Famous Failed Rapture Predictions Throughout History; was Re: Tsunami warning...

Ed Kohout
For Ariesteo:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/rapture.html

Oh Rapture!

One of the major problems America faces is a large population of
religious fundimentalists who have become as fanatical in their own way
as any Middle Eastern Ayatollah. At present, they are caught up in
their own version of the myth of the end of the world, and hope that by
working to bring it about, they'll get to sit at the right hand of
their diety and to hell with everyone else. No doubt fistfights will
break out over who gets to sit closest, but that is a subject for
another article.

So fervent is the belief of the mythoholics that they are ready and
willing to sacrifice money, children, civil rights, freedom, even life
itself (so long as it is someone else's) to bring about the final
rapture and end of the world. Never mind that the guy selling this
belief is a child molester and makes money off of these fables, the
seekers (and there is one born every minute) do so want to believe!

So, I thought it might be appropriate to list some of the many other
times in history that religious fanatics of all kinds have decided the
world was about to end, what they did about it, and what really
happened to those who followed them when the world did not end as
scheduled.

AD 30 Jesus. According to Matthew 16:28, Jesus himself predicted his
second coming and the end of the world within the lifetime of his
contemporaries.

AD 156 A man named Montanus declared himself to be the "Spirit of
Truth," the personification of the Holy Spirit, mentioned in the Gospel
of John, who was to reveal all truth. Montanus quickly gathered
followers, including a pair of far-seeing "prophetesses", who claimed
to have visions and ecstatic experiences supposedly from God. They
began to spread what they called "The Third Testament, a series of
revelatory messages which foretold of the soon-coming Kingdom of God
and "The New Jerusalem," which was about to descend from heaven to land
in Montanus' city of Pepuza, in Phrygia (modern-day Turkey), where it
would be home for all "true" believers. The word was spread, and all
were urged to come to Phrygia to await the Second Coming. The movement
divided Christians into two camps, even after the New Jerusalem didn't
appear. Whole communities were fragmented, and continuous discord
resulted. Finally, in AD 431, the Council of Ephesus condemned
Chiliasm, or belief in the Millennium, as a dangerous superstition, and
Montanus was declared to be a heretic. Despite the failure of the
prediction, the cult survived several centuries until it was ordered
exterminated by Pope Leo I. --SSA pg 54

AD 247, Christian prophets declare that the persecutions by the Romans
are a sign of the impending return of Jesus.

AD 300 Lactantius Firmianus (AD c260 - AD c340), called the "Christian
Cicero", from his Divinae Institutiones: "The fall and ruin of the
world will soon take place, but it seems that nothing of the kind is to
be feared as the city of Rome stands intact." Rome would fall in AD
410. --TEOTW pg 27

AD 365, Hilary of Poitiers predicted the world would end in 365.

AD 380, The Donatists, a North African Christian sect, predicted the
world would end in 380.

AD 387 St. Ambrose, Bishop of Milan, identified the Goths with
Ezekial's Gog. The Goths had just destroyed the Imperial army at
Adrianople, prompting Ambrose to say, "...the end of the world is
coming upon us." --TEOTW pg 27

AD 300 St. Martin, Bishop of Tours: "Non est dubium, quin
antichristus...There is no doubt that the Antichrist has already been
born. Firmly established already in his early years, he will, after
reaching maturity, achieve supreme power." --TEOTW pg 27

AD 410 When Rome was sacked, some proclaimed, (as reported by St.
Augustine of Hippo) "Behold, from Adam all the years have passed, and
behold, the 6,000 years are completed." This alludes to the Great Week
theory, held by many millennialists, that the God-alloted time of man
on earth was 6,000 years, to be followed by a thousand years of peace
under the earthly reign of Christ. --TIME pg 30

AD 500 At the mid-fifth century, Vandal invasions recalled calculations
that the world would end in the year 500, 6000 years after Creation,
and spurred new calculations to show that the name of the Vandal king
Genseric represented 666: the number of the Beast. --Apoc pg 34

AD 500 Hippolytus of Rome, a third-century theologian supported the
oft-accepted (for the day) view of the end of the world occuring
sometime around the year AD 500. He used a mass of scriptural evidence,
including the dimensions of the ark of the covenant. --TIME pg 31

AD 500 Roman theologian Sextus Julius Africanus (ca. 160-240) predicted
the second coming of Jesus in the year 500.

AD 500 The theologian Irenaeus predicted the second coming of Jesus in
the year 500.

AD 590 Bishop Gregory of Tours, who died in AD 594, calculated the Time
of the End for sometime between 799 and 806. --Apoc pg 48

AD 793 Elipand, bishop of Toledo, accused Beatus, abbot of Liebana, of
having prophesied the end of the world. Beatus made the prediction on
Easter Eve, predicting the end of the world that very night, sparking a
riot. --Apoc 49-50

AD 800 Sextus Julius Africanus predicted the second coming of Jesus in
the year 800.

AD 800 Beatus of Liébana, not having learned anything from the riot he
started in 793, wrote in his Commentary on the Apocalypse that the
world would end in the year 800 at the latest.

AD 806 Bishop Gregory of Tours predicted the world would end between
799 and 806.

Ad 848 The Christian prophetess Thiota predicted the world would end in
848.

AD 900 Adso of Montier-en-lDer, a celbrated 10th-century apocalyptic
writer, a Frankish emperor of Rome who was 'the last and greates of
rulers' would, after governing his empire, go to Jerusalem and put off
his sceptre and crown at the Mount of Olives; this would be the end and
consummation of the Christian empire and the beginning of the reign of
Antichrist. --TIME pg 53

AD 970 Lotharingian computists foresaw the End on Friday, March 25,
970, when the Annunciation and Good Friday fell on the same day. They
believed that it was on this day that Adam was created, Isaac was
sacrificed, the Red Sea was parted, Jesus was conceived, and Jesus was
crucified.

AD 992 A rumour that the end would come when the feast of the
Annunciation coincided with Good Friday. This happened in 992, when
Easter fell on March 22, and eager calculators established that the
world would end before three years had passed. --Apoc pg 50-51

AD 1000 Christian authority all over the known world predicted the
second coming in the year 1000.

AD 1033 When the world did not end in 1000, the same Christian
authorities claimed they had forgotten to add in the length of Jesus'
life and revised the prediction to 1033. The writings of the Burgundian
monk Radulfus Glaber described a rash of mass hysterias during the
period from 1000-1033.

AD 1033 The roads to Jerusalem fill up with an unprecedented number of
pilgrims. Asked why this is happening, the 'more truthful of that
time...cautiously responded that it presaged nothing else but the
coming of the Lost One, the Antichrist, who, according to divine
authority, stands ready to come at the end of the age." --TIME pg 47

AD 1100 Guibert of Nagent (1064-1125) informed would-be crusaders that
they should seize Jerusalem as a necessary prelude to its eventual
capture by Antichrist. "The end of the world is already near!," he
explained. --TIME pg 61-62

AD 1184 Various Christian prophets predicted the end of the world in
the year 1184. Nobody seems to remember just why.

AD 1186 Certain prophecies, during the time of the Third Crusade, began
circulating in 1184, telling of a "new world order." These were
believed to have been written by astrologers in Spain, and one of them,
the "Letter of Toledo," appearing in 1186, urged everyone to flee to
caves and other remote places, because the world was soon to be
devastated by terrible storms, famine, earthquakes, and more. Only a
few true belivers would be spared. --SSA pg 55

AD 1260 The year, according to Joachim of Flores'(c1145-1202)
prophecies, when the world was supposed to pass throught the reign of
Antichrist and enter the Age of the Holy Spirit. Joachim was an Italian
mystic theologian who wrote, in his Expositio in Apocalypsia, that
history was to be divided into three ages: The Age of the Law (the
Father), The Age of the Gospel (the Son), and the final Age of the
Spirit. He had indicated at the end of the 12th Century that the
Antichrist was already born in Rome. --DOOM pg 87, TEOTW pg 125

AD 1260 A Dominican monk named Brother Arnold gained a following when
he wrote that the end was about to take place. According to his
scenario, he would call upon Christ, in the name of the poor, to judge
the Church leaders, including the Pope. Christ would then appear in
judgement, revealing the Pope to be the heralded Antichrist. --SSA pg
56

AD 1297 Writing in 1297, the friar Petrus Olivi predicted Antichrist's
coming between 1300 and 1340, after which the world would enter the Age
of the Holy Spirit, which itself would end around the year 2000 with
Gog and the Last Judgement. --Apoc pg 54

AD 1284 Pope Innocent III predicted the end of the world in the year
1284, 666 years after the founding of Islam.

Ad 1290 When Joachim of Fiore's predicted end of the world had not
happened by 1260, members of his order (the Joachites) simply
re-scheduled the end another 30 years later to 1290.

AD 1300 A Frenchman, Jean de Roquetaillade, published a guide to the
tribulation. Imprisoned for most of his adult life, he predicted
Antichrist in 1366, to be followed in 1369 or 1370 by a millennial
Sabbath. Jerusalem, under a Jewish king, would become the center of the
world. --Apoc pg 55

AD 1300 Many Germans were living in fearful expectation of the return
of the Emperor Frederick II, who had been considered a century earlier
as the Antichrist, the terrible ruler who was to chastise the Church
before the return of Christ.

AD 1306 Gerard of Poehlde, believing that Christ's Millennium actually
began when the emperor Constantine came to power,
predicts the end of the world 1000 years after the start of
Constantine's reign, in 1306.

AD 1307 fra Dolcino founds a society, the Apostolic Bretheren, in 1260.
He preached that authority had passed from the Roman Church to
themselves. The Pope and clergy would soon be exterminated by the
forces of the Last Empoeror in a tremendous battle leading to the age
of the spirit. Dolcino and his followers perished in a battle at Monte
Rebello in 1307. --TIME pg 68

AD 1335 The Joachites again re-scheduled the end of the world, this
time to the year 1335.

AD 1348 Agnolo di Tura, called "the Fat," writing during the time of
the Black Death: "And I...buried my five children with my own hands,
and so did many others likewise...And nobody wept no matter what his
loss because almost everyone expected death... People said and
believed, 'This is the end of the world.'" --TEOTW pg 115

AD 1349 The group known as the Flagellants claimed that their movement
must last thirty-three and a half years, culminating in the Second
Coming. They persuaded many people that their assertions were true. One
chronicle states: "Many persons, and even young children, were soon
bidding farewell to the world, some with prayers, others with praises
on their lips." --TEOTW 125-129

AD 1366 Jean de Roquetaillade, a French ascetic, predicted the
Antichrist was to come in 1366, with the end of the world a few years
after that.

AD 1367 Czech archdeacon Militz of Kromeriz claimed the Antichrist was
alive and well and would show up no later than 1367, bringing the end
of the world with him.

AD 1378 The Joachites again re-scheduled the end of the world, this
time to the year 1378.

AD 1420 Martinek Hauska, near Prague, led a following of priests to
announce the soon Second Coming of Christ. They warned everyone to flee
to the mountains because between February 1 and February 14, 1420, god
was to destroy every town with Holy Fire, thus beginning the
Millennium. Hauska's band then went on a rampage to "purify the earth",
ridding the world of, in their eyes, false clergymen in the Church.
They occupied an abandoned fortress which was named Tabor, and defied
the religious powers of the day, ultimately succumbing to the Bohemians
in 1452 --SSA pg 56, TIME pg 75-77

AD 1476 Hans Bohm was burnt at the stake for heresy, after proclaiming
the village of Nikleshausen the center of imminent world salvation.
--Apoc pg 151

AD 1490 Girolamo Savonarola, a Dominican visionary, attracted large
crowds with his prophecies of Antichrist. He began preaching that his
city of Florence would soon be "The reformation of all Italy..." and
that its people would take on the mantle of God's elect, saved from
destruction to play a glorious new role. This would only be
accomplished, however, if Florence submitted peacefully to the invading
Charles VIII of France. They did so, and for a short time became what
has been called a 'proto-Messianic republic.' But when the corrupt Pope
Alexander VI regained Florence, Savanarola was publicly executed in
May, 1498. --TIME pg 79-81

AD 1496 Several 15th Century prophets predict the end of the world for
the year 1496.

AD 1499 A mathemetician in Tubingen, Germany, had foretold of a coming
alignment of the planets in 1524, which would bring a disastrous
world-wide flood. This was generally rejected because such would
violate God's covenant with Noah. the uneasiness, though, did not pass,
and in 1523, printing presses in Germany churned out 51 pamphlets which
added fuel to the speculative fire.

AD 1500 Martin Luther, Protestant reformer, stated: "I persuade myself
verily, that the day of judgement will not be absent full three hundred
years. God will not, cannot, suffer this world much longer... the great
day is drawing near in which the kingdom of abominations shall be
overthrown."

AD 1500 The Italian artist Botticelli captioned his painting, "The
Mystical Nativity" with a message warning that the end of the world
would occur within three years, based on the predictions of Girolamo
Savonarola.

AD 1526 Anabaptists in St. Gallen, Switzerland, excited by various
leaders and events, began running through the streets and shouting that
the Last Day would arrive in exactly one week. Many were baptized,
stopped work, abandoned their homes and set off into the hills, singing
and praying in expectant furvor. After a week had passed with no sign
of their returning Lord, they returned to their homes. --TEOTW pg
145-153

AD 1520 Nicholas Storch was a former weaver who was a self-proclaimed
expert on the Bible. He began warning groups of workers that all of
Christendom was about to be annihilated by the Turks. Not only did he
quote from the Scriptures, but insisted that God spoke to him directly
through dreams and visions. Ultimately rejected by reformer Martin
Luther, Storch vanishes from history at the end of 1522. --TEOTW pg 155

AD 1520 Thomas Muntzer, another self-appointed prophet in Germany, who
made bold predictions based upon the book of Daniel, and called for the
overthrow by the peasantry of those in power. "The time of the harvest
is at hand," he declared. "...I have sharpened my sickle." Muntzer
proclaimed that is was the Last Days, and whoever resisted his
preaching would be, "..slain by the Turks when they come next year." He
was executed in 1525, after leading a peasant army in rebellion. TEOTW
pg 153-158

AD 1520 Melchior Hoffman (c1498-1543/4) was one of the most influential
of the self-appointed prophets. A Swabian furrier by trade, Hoffman had
converted to Lutheranism in 1522 and became a wandering preacher. In
1526 Hoffman published a detailed pamphlet on the twelfth chapter of
Daniel which proclaimed that the world would end in seven years, at
Easter fo 1533. The seven year period was to be divided into two parts.
The first part would see the appearance of Elijah and Enoch, who would
overthrow the Pope. They would, however, be martyred and all the saints
would then be persecuted. After forty-two months of tribulation, Christ
would appear. Hoffman referred to himself as Elijah, and embarked on
the fulfillment of his vision. He was imprisoned for his views,
however, in Strasburg, later dying in the 1540s. --TEOTW pg 160-162

AD 1524 Prophets in England predicted a flood on February 1, 1524
(Julian) to strike at London. 20,000 people abandoned their homes in
fear. Yet another prophet, citing an alignment of planets in the
constellation Pisces, set the date for the flood for February 20th.
Both days turned out to be sunny with not even a drop of rain.

AD 1525 Anabaptist Thomas Müntzer, thinking that he was living at the
"end of all ages," in 1525, incited a spectacularly unsuccessful revolt
of the peasantry.

AD 1527 A German bookbinder named Hans Nut said that he was a prophet
of God sent by Christ to herald the Second Coming. This would occur
exactly three and a half years after the start of the Peasant's War, in
1527. The Lord's arrival would be followed, according to Nut, by a
thousand years of free food, love, and free sex. He amassed some
followers, but was killed during an attempted prison escape in 1527.
--SSA pg 56

AD 1528 Hans Romer insisted that Christ was coming within the year, so
he organized his own rebellion to attack the city of Erfurt on New
Year's Day of 1528. He was betrayed, however, and arrested. --TEOTW 159

AD 1528 Prophets in England, having failed in their February 20th, 1524
prediction for a massive flood, reschedule the prediction to 1528.

AD 1528 Reformer Hans Hut predicted the end would occur on Pentecost
(May 27, Julian calendar) 1528.

AD 1532 Bishop Frederick Nausea (yes, that is his name), predicted that
the world would end in 1532 after hearing a single report of bloody
crosses appearing in the sky alongside a comet.

AD 1533 Anabaptist prophet Melchior Hoffman predicted the end of the
world in 1533. he also predicted that Jesus would reappear in
Strasbourg, to save 144,000 people from the world's end.

AD 1533 Mathematician Michael Stifel, a devout Christian, calculated
that the Day of Judgement would begin at exactly 8:00am on October 19,
1533.

AD 1534 A message out of the besieged city of Munster, where fanatic
Anabaptists, originally led by one Jan Matthys, self-proclaimed Enoch,
second witness (after Hoffman's Elijah) to the coming end of all
things, read: "God has made known to us that all should get ready to go
to the New Jerusalem (Munster), the city of saints, because he is going
to punish the world...flee out of Babylon, and deliver every man his
soul...for this is the time of the Lord's vengeance." Matthys had also
fancied himself a second Gideon, leading 30 followers out in an attack
on the city's besiegers. He and his band of thirty were annhilated. The
movement's new leader, Jan Beukels, or Bockholdt, known to history as
John of Leyden, had declared himself King of the World, a position he
would hold until Christ's return. Berhardt Rothmann published two
pamphlets proclaiming the triumph of the saints at Munster, but the
Catholic bishop whose town was held, eventually retook it, executing
most of the rebels. --SSA pg 57, TEOTW pg 163-175

AD 1532 Michael Stiefel, mathematician and follower of Luther,
published Apocalypse on the Apocalypse: A Little Book of Arithmetic
about the Antichristwhich computed the Day of Judgement for 8AM on
October 9, 1533. when nothing happened on that day, the local peasants
siezed the minister and tookhim to nearby Wittenburg, where some sued
him for damages. Stiefel survived this misadventure and, twenty years
later, published a "recalculation." --Apoc pg 91-92

AD 1537 French astrologer Pierre Turrel, a devout Christian, wanting to
avoid the Jaochites' embarrassment, hedges his bets and predicts the
end of the world in 1537, 1544, 1801 or 1814.

AD 1555 French theologian Pierre d'Ailly predicted the end of the world
in 1555. Christopher Columbus' own apocolyptic views were based on this
prediction.

AD 1556 Rumors of the end of the world swept through the churches of
Switzerland on Magdalene's Day in 1556, source unknown.

AD 1583 Several astrologers and clergy cite a conjunction of Jupiter
with Saturn as a sign that the second coming of Jesus will occur in
London at noon on Apr 28, 1583.

AD 1584 Above prophecy is revised one year later.

AD 1588 Philip Melanchthon, ally of Martin Luther, claimed that a
divine numerical cycle, chiefly utilizing the numbers 7 and 10, would
culminate in 1588, which was 10x7, years from Luther's 1518 defiance of
the Pope. It was then that the seventh seal would be opened, Antichrist
be would be overthrown, and the Last Judgement would occur. --The
Armada pg 175

AD 1588 The sage Johann Müller (aka Regiomontanus) predicts the second
comiong of Christ in 1588.

AD 1594 John Napier, mathemetician extraordinaire, published A Plaine
Discoverie of the Whole Revelation of St. John, in which he predicted
the Last Judgement either for 1688, according to Revelation, or 1700,
according to Daniel. --Apoc pg 92

AD 1600 The Fifth Monarchy Men, an extreme Puritan sect in England,
believed that the time of the monarchy which would succeed the Biblical
Assyrian, Persian, Greek, and Roman monarchies was at hand. During this
time Christ would appear to reign on earth with his saints for 1000
years. After the fall of the Commonwealth, the sect first supported
Oliver Cromwell, but later were at odds with the Lord Protector. Their
extreme violence led to the arrest of their leaders. Despite attempted
uprisings, the movement eventually died out. --Brit 1957, vol 9, pg 227

AD 1600 Martin Luther had predicted that the world would end no later
than the year 1600.

AD 1603 Dominican monk Tomasso Campanella wrote that the sun would
collide with the Earth in 1603.

AD 1623 Eustachius Poyssel used numerology to pinpoint 1623 as the year
of the end of the world.

AD 1624 The same astrologers who failed in predicting a great flood in
1524, finally moved their predictions safely beyond their own deaths,
to 1624.

AD 1648 Sabbatai Zevi, a rabbi from Smyrna, Turkey, predicted that the
Messiah would come in 1648. When 1648 arrived, Zevi announced thet he
was the Messiah.

AD 1651 The date selected for the end of the world by fifteenth century
"prophet" Johann Hilten. --TIME pg 89

AD 1654 In 1578, physician Helisaeus Roeslin of Alsace, basing his
prediction on a nova that occurred in 1572, predicted the world ending
in 1654 in a blaze of fire.

AD 1656 The date the world would end, according to predictions put
forth by Christopher Columbus in his "Book of Prophecies". Columbus
held that his explorations were fulfillment of prophecy. he was to have
led a Christian army in a great final crusade that would eventually
convert the entire world to Christendom. The date weas chosen because
supposedly 1656 years passed between the time of the creation and
Noah's flood. --99R pg 13

AD 1657 The Fifth Monarchy Men, a group of radical Christians intending
to force the British Parliament to base all laws on the Bible (much
like Christians are trying to do to the United States) predicted the
world would end in 1657.

AD 1660 Joseph Mede, whose writings influenced James Ussher and Isaac
Newton, claimed that the Antichrist appeared way back in 456, and the
end of the world would come in 1660.

AD 1666 During a period of strife, English clergy announce that the
year 1666 will bring the end of the world, a prediction thought to be
coming true when a great fire strikes London.

AD 1666 Few believe Rabi Sabbatai Zevi is the Messiah, so he changes
his prediction for the appearence of the Messiah to 1666. He is
arrested for disturbing the peace with his prophecies, and when given
the choice between execution and conversion to Islam, eagerly converts.

AD 1673 Deacon William Aspinwall, a leader of the Fifth Monarchy
movement, predicts the end of the world for 1673.

AD 1680 The supposed founder of Rosicrucianism, Christian Knorr von
Rosenroth, told in his Proper Exposition of the Aspects of the Book of
Revelation of the fall of the idolatrous Roman church and the
establishement of Christ's Millennium in 1860. --Apoc pg 122

AD 1686 Frenchman Pierre Jurieu published his work L'Accomplissement
des propheties, in which he predicted the end of the persecution of the
Protestant Huguenots, and the fall of Babylon (the Roman Catholic
Church, according to Jurieu) for 1689.

AD 1688 John Napier, the mathematician who discovered logarithms,
applies his new mathematics to the Book of Revelations and predicts the
end of the world for 1688.

AD 1689 Pierre Jurieu, a Camisard prophet, predicted that Judgement Day
would occur in 1689. The Camisards were Huguenots of the Languedoc
region of southern France.

AD 1694 Anglican rector John Mason and German theologian Johann Alsted
both predict the end of the world for 1694. Another German prophet
Johann Jacob Zimmerman, predicted that Jesus would reappear in America
and organized an expedition of Christians to sail across the Atlantic
and welcome their savior when he reappeared. Although Zimmerman himself
died on the day of departure, his followers completed the journey and
remained encamped in the wilderness of North America until it became
obvious that Jesus had stood them up.

AD 1697 Anglican rector Thomas Beverly predicts the end of the world
for 1697.

AD 1697 Notorious witch chaser Cotton Mather predicts the end of the
world for 1697.

AD 1697 Napier tries again, predicts the end of the world for 1697.

AD 1697 Henry Archer, a Fifth Monarchy Manpredicts the end of the world
for 1697.

AD 1700 The Camisards were a radical movement of French peasantry that
engaged in organised military resistance to the renunciation of the
Edict of Nantes. They were supposedly accompanied by miracles, such as
lights in the sky which guided them, and resistance to wounding. They
also purportedly spoke in tongues and prophesied in ecstatic trances,
foretelling the soon destruction of the Roman Catholic Church, the
supposed Satan and Babylon. Due to pressures they fled to England where
they became known as the "French Prophets," forcasting doom and a new
world ahead. They gained large numbers of followers, and much
attention. Their prophecies failed to materialize, however, and their
numbers soon dwindled. Their movement influenced many later groups,
though, including the Shakers. --SSA pg 57

AD 1701 The prophetic writer Mory Cary, writing in 1647, expected the
conversion of theJews in 1656 and the Millennium in 1701, and thought
that there would be a prophetic outpouring before then. "Not only men,
but women shall prophesy...Not only superiors but inferiors; not only
those that have university learning but those that have it not, even
servants and handmaids." --TIME pg 90

AD 1700 Immanuel Swedenborg, though never claiming the desire to found
a sect, said that dreams, visions, and direct communications from God
had led him to believe he had been given a new, divine, interpretation
of Scripture. Swedenborg claimed to have witnessed the Second Advent,
which was manifested in the inauguration of his "New Church." --HOD pg
236-238, Brit 1957, vol 21

AD 1755 A sea captain witnessing the disaster of the Lisbon quake
wrote: "...if one went through the broad places of squares, nothing to
be met with but people wringing their hands, and crying 'the world is
at an end.'" --TEOTW pg 179-189

AD 1700 Jonathan Edwards, premier evangelist, was fascinated by the
Apocalypse, noted all signs of the times, and calculated and
recalculated its coming. He concluded that Antichrist's rule would end
when the papacy ended in 1866, and that old serpent, the Devil, would
finally be vanquished in the year 2000, when the Millennium would
begin. --Apoc pg 171

AD 1700 Sir Isaac Newton, the great scientist, was himself not immune
to misprophecy. He developed a carefully constructed grand scenario
which predicted that the Jews would return to reclaim Jerusalem in
1899, and that the second coming of Christ would occur precisely
forty-nine years later.

AD 1785 Jean-Baptiste Ruere, a professed descendant of King David,
claimed that heavenly sources assured him he was destined to rule as
king in Jerusalem, and likewise foretold of revolution, kingdoms
overthrown, the Jews returning to the Holy Land, and Jesus returning to
launch the Third Age. --Apoc pg 107

AD 1789 The forecast year for the end of the world, or at least of
Christendom, by Cardinal Pierre d-Ailly, Canon Roussart, Dijon Academy
rector Pierre Turel, and the Londoner Peter Pearson. --Apoc pg 109

AD 1799 Esther Thrale Piozzi recorded how many found the First Consul
of France, Napoleon Buonaparte to be "the Devil Incarnate," the
Appolyon mentioned in Scripture. The name of Antichrist had become
clear, and it was (in the Corsican dialect) N'Apollione, the Destroyer
"coming forwards followed by a cloud of locusts from ye bottomless
Pit." --Apoc pg 114-115

AD 1800 Mother Ann Lee, leader of the "Shaker" movement, claimed that
in her the female principle of Christ was manifested, and the promise
of the Second Coming fulfilled. Christ's kingdom on earth, according to
Lee, began with the establishment of the Shaker Church.

AD 1800 The Rev Edward Bishop Elliot, fellow of Trinity College,
Cambridge, provided a massive work in four volumes, wherein he stated
that the French Revolution had been the "pouring out of the 1st vial
(of Revelation)" There was to be a short time, he warned, before the
end of all things. --TSOR pg 11

AD 1820 In England, Edward Irving preached on the imminent appearance
of Christ as witnessed by the apparent revival of "apostolic gifts",
and Irving's own intense study of prophetical books, especially
Revelation.

AD 1832 Mormon founder Joseph Smith prophesied under "divine
revelation" the gathering of the saints and the coming of the New
Jerusalem, the temple of which would be built in Missouri and "reared
in this generation." Smith added "Pestilence, hail, famine, and
earthquake will sweep the wicked of this generation from off the face
of the land, to open and prepare the way for the return of the lost
tribes of Israel from the north country....there are those now living
upon the earth whose eyes shall not be closed in death until they see
all these things which I have spoken, fulfilled." --99R pg 120

AD 1840 Dr. John Cumming, eloquent preacher of apocalypse, drew
audiences of many thousands to his lectures. Cumming, while preparing
for the publications of these lectures, warned that the seventh and
final vial of God's wrath was now being poured out. "We are about to
enter on the Last Woe...and to hear the nearly-spent reverberations of
the Last Trumpet." --TSOR pg 84

AD 1843 People stared in wonder and unneasiness at the parahelia, a
great halo that circled the sun. They also looked with fear at the
night sky where a giant comet with a fiery tail rushed through the
darkness. Some said that the comet was racing toward mankind, bringing
"the end of the world." --Thief pg 1

AD 1844 William Miller, a Massachussetts farmer, after a years-long
study of the Bible, chiefly Revelation and Daniel, concurred that the
Second Coming of Christ would take place between 21 March, 1843, and 21
March, 1844. When this time passed, Miller and his followers set up new
dates, again with failure. Eventually the movement collapsed, but gave
birth to Seventh Day Adventism, while also influencing the formation of
several others, including the Jehovah's Witnesses. --SSA pg 58, TSOR pg
16, Doom pg 92-111

AD 1847Joseph Wolff, a converted Jew living in Palestine, predicted the
Advent for 1847. --Thief pg 1

AD 1850 Chinese schoolteacher Hung Hsiu-ch'uan, failing a government
job examination for the thrid time, suffered an emotional collapse
during which he professed to have had visions of an old man in a golden
beard, as well as a younger man. These two told Hung that the world was
overrun by demons and that he, Hung, was to be the intrument in their
eradication. Later, after returning to his home village, Hung reread a
Chines Christian missionary's book and discovered the meaning for the
vision which he had experienced. The old man had been God, and the
younger man, Jesus. Hung further understood that he was the second Son
of God, sent to save China. Eventually his charisma and teachings began
to gather a following and he became the leader of a group known as the
Pai Shang-ti Hui (God Worshipper's Society). By 1850 the movement had
grown into open rebellion. In 1851 Hung proclaimed the new dynasty the
T'ai-p'ing T'ien-kun (Heavenly Kingdom of Great Peace), and assumed the
title of Heavenly King. His ragtag group of thousands grew into a
disciplined army of over a million. Full scale war erupted across the
Chinese countryside. Chinese imperial troups were defeated in pitched
battle on more than one occassion. Hung captured the city of Nanking,
making it his capital. Eventually he fell ill, and committed suicide in
1864. Chinese forces lay seige to Nanking, and in taking it inflicted a
terrible slaughter of over 100,000 people. The rebellion gradually
faded across China. As many as 20,000,000 people died as a result of
this, the T'ai-p'ing Rebellion, and Hung Hsiu-ch'uan's misprophetic
delusions. --Brit 1977, vol 8

AD 1858 The Rev Richard Shimeall of New York identified Napolean III as
the Beast of the Apocalypse. --TSOR pg 78

AD 1870 Cyrus Read Teed, a former corporal in the Union medical corps,
said that he was the "seventh messenger of God", and adopted "Koresh"
as his new surname. Teed claimed that an angel had visited him, giving
him new spiritual awareness. He was now the reincarnated Messiah, and
it was his job to gather the 144,000 faithful to await the Last
Judgement. Teed's legacy would bear bitter fruit in the 1990s, with the
rise of another Koresh, David, who would lead his followers into an
apocalyptic death near Waco, Texas.

AD 1874 Charles Taze Russell, founder of what would become the
Jehovah's Witnesses, first announced that the Last Days had definitely
begun in 1874, then that the end would come in 1914. Succeeding
Witnesses placed the date in 1925, 1936, 1953, 1973... --99R pg 20

AD 1881 A prophecy in rhyme by Mother Shipton: "The world to an end
shall come,/in Eighteen hundred and eighty one." Purportedly written by
a 15th century witch, it was actually penned by Charles Hindley of
Brighton, who profitted greatly from the double false prediction.
--TSOR pg 99

AD 1890 A native American known as Wovoka claimed to have received a
certain divine revelation. Christ had returned to earth, given his
followers a new spiritual magic, the "Ghost Dance", which they were to
engage in until Christ came again to "take them up into the air,"
eventually to be set down among the ghosts of their ancestors on the
new earth, where only Indians would live. The movement spread quickly
among the various tribes on and off the reservations, especially among
the Sioux. --Bury pg 431-435

AD 1897 Brazil -- Antonio Conselheiro (The Counsellor), a sixty-year
old, half crazy ascetic, became spiritual leader of Canudos, a "New
Jerusalem" of tumbledown shacks in the remote state of Bahia. The
residents were largely peasants who fled the decline of the northeast
coffee and sugar economies. They practiced a mixture of Catholicism,
Indian rites, and witchcraft. conselheiro had seen the overthrow of the
Emperor Pedro II as an act of disobedience to God, and a shattering of
the patriarchal order so wicked that it must foreshadow the apocalypse.
After several violent encounters with local police and government
soldiers, in which the Canudos zealots inflicted severe defeats on
their foes, an army of 10,000 men surrounded Canudos, and on October 5,
1897 took by force the last smoking huts. The defenders had died by
enemy bullets and by fire, the latter set by their own hands.

AD 1900 Paris priest Pierre Lacheze published several apocalyptic
works, and predicted the restoration of the Jerusalem temple for 1892
and Doomsday in 1900. --Apoc pg 136

AD 1900 Philosopher Vladimir Solovyev, eminent Russian theologian,
foretold in his work, War, Progress, and the End of History, of a war
with the Japanese in which the Japanese would win, conquering much of
the world, but eventually being driven back by the Europeans. Then
there would arise a brilliant writer and thinker who would unite the
world and decree everlasting peace, ultimately summoning all religious
leaders of the world, promising them everything they wanted if they
would bow down and accept his sovereignty. The Jews would accept him as
the Messiah, until they learn that he is not a Jew. Then would begin
the revolt that would lead to the final battle north of Jerusalem, as
well as the eruption of a volcano from the bottom of the Dead Sea. Said
Solovyev: "The approaching end of the world strikes me like some
obvious but quite subtle scent -- just as a traveller nearing the sea
feels the sea breeze before he sees the sea." --TEOTW pg 221-227

AD 1901 In 1889, the Rev. Michael Baxter, editor of the London
Christian Herald, announced in a book called The End of This Age about
the End of This Century that 1896 would witness the Rapture of 144,000
devout Christians, and that the world would end in 1901. --TIME pg
120-121

AD 1901 Sergei Nilus, Russian magistrate, in a book titled The Great in
the Small, prophesied "the coming of the Antichrist and the rule of
Satan on earth." He later stated in 1905, "The king born of the blood
of Zion -- the Antichrist is near to the throne of universal power."
--TEOTW pg 234-237

AD 1906 H.G.Wells shows that apocalyptic fever was prevalent in his
day: "Like most people of my generation...I was launched into life with
Millennial expectations...it might be in my lifetime or a little after
it, there would be trumpets and shoutings and celestial phenomena, a
battle of Armageddon and the judgement." --TSOR pg 177

AD 1908 When a terrible explosion rocked Siberia, a newspaper
correspondent present reported..."All the inhabitants of the village
ran out into the streets in panic. The old women wept. Everyone thought
the end of the world was approaching." --TEOTW pg 274

AD 1910 In Pittsburgh, a clergyman announced that the arrival of
Haley's Comet would herald Armageddon and the Second Coming.

AD 1918 Clarence Larkin, in his book Dispensational Truth, writes,
"...at no time in the history of the Christian Church have the
conditions neccessary to the Lord's return been so completely fulfilled
as at the present time, therefore his coming is imminent, and will not
probably be long delayed...If the Millennium is to be ushered in in AD
2000, then the "Rapture" must take place at least 7 years before
that...It may have been 4075 years, instead of 4004 (as generally
given) from Adam to Christ. In that case we are living in the year 5993
from the creation of Adam, or on the eve of the Rapture." --Disp

AD 1940 William Marrion Branham, a pentecostal faith healer declared
himself to be God's end-time prophet, and urged all Christians to come
out of their corrupt denominations before the Lord's return. --99R pg
115-116

AD 1945 A Protestant minister in Hiroshima upon the dropping of the
first atomic bomb: "The feeling I had was that everyone was dead. The
whole city was destroyed...I thought all of my family must be dead --
it doesnt matter if I die...I thought that this was the end of
Hiroshima, of Japan, of humankind...This was God's judgement on man."
--TEOTW pg 337

AD 1973 The "Children of God" cult claimed that its leader, David Berg,
was "God's end-time prophet to the world." They fled America in 1973
due to Berg's prediction that Comet Kohoutek would destroy the country.
--99R pg 117

AD 1976 Prophecy teacher Doug Clark announced that President Jimmy
Carter would be "the president who will meet Mr. 666 (the Antichrist)
SOON!" A flier announcing Clark's new book that year claimed, "The
Death of the United States and the Birth of One World Government under
President Carter." --SSA pg 24 (Personal note: I was working at a TV
station in Orange County California whose manager believed the Clark
prediction, and transformed the station's output into 24 hour a day
warnings of the end of the Earth, even to the point of abandoning the
commercials rotation. The Earth did not end but the TV station went out
of business. )

AD 1980 North Carolina prophecy teacher Colin Deal has set dates for
the return of Christ for 1982 or 1983, 1988, 1989, and in a March 17,
1989 radio broadcast, "about eleven years away." If at first you don't
succeed... --SSA pg 38

AD 1980 Prophecy promoter Charles Taylor predicted a 1988 rapture:
"This new book (Watch 1988 - The Year of Climax) is being written with
the expectation that it will be the last book I will ever write ...with
the millennial reign of Christ due to begin in 1995, the rapture must
surely occcur in 1988 to coordinate with many other prophecies!" Not
surprisingly, Taylor also made similar predictions for 1975, 1976,
1980, 1982, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, and, of course, 1989. --SSA pg
134-142

AD 1981 May 25. About fifty members of a group called the Assembly of
Yahweh gathered at Coney Island, NY, in white robes, awaiting their
"Rapture" from a world about to be destroyed between 3PM and sundown. A
small crowd of onlookers watched and waited for something to happen.
The members chanted prayers to the beat of bongo drums until sunset.
The end did not come.

AD 1982 Full-page advertisements in many major newspapers for the
weekend of April 24-25, 1982, announced: "The Christ is Now Here!" and
predicted that he was to make himself known "within the next two
months." That date passed, but the Tara Centers that placed the ad said
that the dalay was only because the "consciousness of the human race
was not quite right..." --99R pg 154-155

AD 1980 Psychic Jeanne Dixon predicted a world holocaust for the 1980s,
and the rise of a powerful world leader, born in the Middle-East in
1962. --99R pg 120-122

AD 1988 Edgar C. Whisenant, in his book 88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will
Be in 1988, gave a three day period in September for the saints to be
"caught up with the Lord." When this failed, he issued another book
claiming that he was a year off, and urging everyone to be ready in
1989. --SSA pg 28-33, DOOM pg 134

AD 1991 Reginald Dunlop, end-times author, stated that "The Antichrist
would be revealed" around the year 1989 or 1990, perhaps sooner." The
Rapture he predicted for 1991. Says dunlop, God verified this "through
many prayers...I am MORE than positive that this is THE YEAR that the
Rapture will occur." --SSA pg 36

AD 1990 Southwest Radio Church's David Webber and Hoah Hutching's book,
"Prophecy in Stone" contained a chart which set dates for the
rebuilding of the Jewish Temple in 1974-1978, and the Great Tribulation
for sometime between 1981 and 1992. A later book, "New Light on the
Great Pyramid," had another chart which revised these figures,
tentatively setting dates of 1988, 1992, and 1996, for the Tribulation,
the abomination of desolation, and Christ's return, respectively. --SSA
pg 37

AD 1990 Elizabeth Clare Prophet predicted the end of the world by
nuclear war in 1990. Her church has since seen a decline in membership.

AD 1992 "Rapture, October 28, 1992, Jesus is coming in the Air." Full
page add in the October 20, 1991, issue of USA Today, placed by
followers of the Hyoo-go (Rapture) movement, a loose collection of
Korean "end-times" sects. When the prophesied events failed to pass,
much turmoil broke out among the sects. Some believers were distraught,
while others tried to attack their doomsday preachers with knives. The
founder of one church was later charged with swindling four million
dollars from his parishoners. --99R pg 11, 168-169

AD 1993 David Koresh, self-proclaimed little lamb of Isaiah 16, and the
Second Coming of Christ, dies in a fiery conflagration with some 80 of
his followers. These members of the Branch Dividians, an offshoot of
the Seventh-Day Adventists had faced a botched ATF raid on their
compound near Waco, Texas, and a subsequent 51-day siege by the FBI. A
devastating fire broke out when the FBI attempted to fire gas into the
group's buildings. --99R pg 122-124

AD 1994 Arab Christian prophet Om Saleem claimed that the antichrist
was born November 23, 1933, that his unveiling would come in 1993 and
the rapture in 1994. --99R pg 149

AD 1994 Harold Camping, a radio evangelist, wrote a book entitled
"1994?" In it, Camping says, "if this study is accurate, and I believe
with all my heart that it is, there will be no extensions of time.
There will be no time for second guessing. When September 6, 1994,
arrives, no one else can be saved, the end has come." Thousands
believed Camping's distorted biblical teachings, but again, the end did
not come as Camping had wished. --99R pg 12, 48-50

AD 1997 Mary Stewart Relfe wrote in 1983 that she had been praying to "
know the year" of the Lord's coming, and that subsequently she received
detailed "divine revelations" from God. She relaeased a chart showing
World War III beginning in 1989, the Great Tribulation starting in
1990, and that Jesus Christ will come back in 1997, just after
Armaggeddon." --SSA pg 35

AD 1997 On March 25, 1997, followers of Marshall Applewhite who were
members of the Heaven’s Gate cult committed mass murder-suicide in
Southern California. The cult members died in shifts, with some members
“helping” others take a lethal mixture of Phenobarbital and vodka
before drinking it themselves. Members believed that comet Hale- Bopp
was the sign that they were supposed to shed their earthly bodies
(“containers”) and join a spacecraft waiting behind the comet that
would take them to a higher plane of existence.

AD 1998 Larry Wilson, a former Seventh-day Adventist pastor, predicted
four massive global earthquakes beginning around 1994 and ending in
1998 with the Second Coming. --99R pg 77

The fact is that there is ALWAYS some con-artist in a robe, waving
around portents, signs, and holy writ, claiming that the world is
coming to an end and ofering to tell you what to do about it for only
$19.95 (plus if you act now they'll throw in a free glow-in-the-dark
plastic Jesus statue).

Now, if you really want to believe in these predictions, that's fine.
This is a land of religious freedom and you are free to go hide in a
cave and pull a rock in on top of you while you wait out the end of the
world. And if you really want to,. you are free to turn over all your
worldly goods to the guys in the funny robes and follow them off the
edge of a cliff. But what you are NOT free to do is set fire to the
planet the rest of us live on because you think this is going to win
you an inside track to wings and a harp. That's selfish and rude.

Throughout history, every single idiot who bought into a prediction of
the end of the world was made a total fool of. In worst cases, entire
lives and even entire towns were wrecked by these con-artists. And the
worst con-artists right now are those trying to get you to support wars
in the Mideast on promises that it will bring about The Rapture and
open up those pearly gates wide for you.

--- Aristeo Fernando <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Victor and Calendar People,

>  The vessels that the Holy Spirit mentioned will transport these
> chosen 144,000 marked good people somewhere that will escape the
> wrath of God on the people of this Earth.  These 144,000 people will
> be the ones who will restart or repopulate this world beginning the
> year 2200.  And the 1000 years of peace, or what people call the
> Millennium, will commence.
>
>   The Holy Spirit told these vessels to us not in a dream but when we
> were wide-awake and His words were tape recorded.  I can quote Him
> word for word or verbatim.  I heard Him said about this in two
> different sessions, that is why when He asked questions during the
> second occasion, the listeners were able to answer Him for they knew.
>
>   I do not know when these vessels will take these good people.  But
> whenever they come, let us be prepared and remain good always.
>
>   Best regards,
>   Aristeo Canlas Fernando, Peace Crusader
>   Motto:  pro aris et focis
>   http://www.geocities.com/peacecrusader888/
>

> "Engel,Victor" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>   Dear Aristeo,
>
> > The Holy Spirit mentioned to us that God is giving
> > time for man to change. He cites Noah who warned
> > people of the impending flood that is why he built
> > the ark for 101 years. But people laughed at him
> > and they even became more evil. When the flood came,
> > only Noah, his three sons and their wives, and the
> > pairs of animals were saved. It was an ark, the
> > vessel, that was used to save them. Next time, the
> > Holy Spirit told us, another kind of vessel will be
> > used to save 144,000 marked good people only. Would
> > you like to know the kind of vessel that will be used?
>
> I know what kind of vessel it is. It is a fallout shelter.
> How do I know this? God appeared to my ex-wife in a dream
> where he commanded me and my three sons to build of fallout
> shelter. All the dimensions and other specifications were
> given in some detail. Alas, I only have daughters, so the
> fallout shelter has not yet been built. Furthermore, the
> dream was no revealed to me but to my ex-wife, who did not
> make any blueprints. We are also divorced now, and she's
> not talking to me, so I guess we're all doomed now.
>
> Victor
>

> ---------------------------------
> On Yahoo!7
>   Answers: Real people ask and answer questions on any topic.

Re: Famous Failed Rapture Predictions Throughout History; was Re: Tsunami warning...

Aristeo Fernando
Dear Ed and Calendar People,

Thank you, Ed, for the information you provided.  It a long list.  I will study it and give my comments about it a little later.

Meanwhile, I would like to tell you that the word "rapture" that is in the vocabulary of many Protestants is not found in the Bible.  So what's the fuss about it?

Also I would like to remind you that the Holy Spirit in the Bible is a spirit that is not seen physically.  John 14:17 states "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

I have mentioned to this discussion group about my experience with a spirit, a holy spirit, who most if not all the listeners believe to be the spirit of Jesus Christ.  We cannot see Him but we can hear Him and tape record what He says.  Does the world know who (or what) is the Holy Spirit?

Would you like me to post what He prophesied in the 1990s about what turned out to be a tsunami?  the December 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami?

Can anyone predict that the human babies (plural) will be born with three eyes?  I cannot because I know that is impossible and unnatural.  But the Holy Spirit gave that prophecy and said they will happen, and I believe, most likely, during our lifetime.  Have you read about the birth of a one-eyed kitten recently named by its owner as Cy for Cyclop?

Best regards,
Aristeo Canlas Fernando, Peace Crusader
Motto:  pro aris et focis

Re: Famous Failed Rapture Predictions Throughout History; was Re: Tsunami warning...

Ed Kohout
--- Aristeo Fernando <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you read about the birth of a one-eyed kitten
> recently named by its owner as Cy for Cyclop?

No, but I once saw a horse that could count!

- Ed