Re: 3.5+1.5)-day 9h Work Re: 5-Day week for a possible SSW version

Re: 3.5+1.5)-day 9h Work Re: 5-Day week for a possible SSW version

Jamison Painter
WALTER:

Just because calendar reform is not likely at present, doesn't mean it won't be in the future. Anything is possible.

Walter J Ziobro <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Brij

Indeed, for a "lost cause" this list is generating a lot of activity

Walter Ziobro

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 Brij Bhushan metric VIJ <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jamison, Michael, Walter Cc sirs:
This take ne back to late 1980’s-early 1990’s while I was calculating my SIX (6) day Leap Week plan. I do not have my older notes but can ‘shuffle’ my mind to retrieve and make these afresh. AGAIN, to what purpose, since I am given to understand Calndr-L is not working for any serious proposal. I am willing to reconcile with THIS FACT from the sudden up-swollen filling of my INBOX.
There is a possibility to have extended Leap Week of six(6) days once in 4-years or a 5-day Leap Week in about 28-years!
I think I may need time to re-work details, where from I need to pick up the thread?
Thanks & regards,
Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd)., IAF ✈️
Wednesday, 2019 April 24H13:43 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2019, at 13:07, Jamison Painter <[hidden email]> wrote:

PAULA:

Your situation sounds unique, at least in the USA. I have lived and travelled in other cultures where women and girls do not generally work, and wait on the men and boys. In fact, when I was a foreign exchange student I have BEEN waited on hand and foot, in spite of my offering to help, because I am male.

You're right. No calendar is going to fix a situation that we Americans may regard as unfair, but other cultures consider normal and expected. Neither will certain parents in the USA work with their children, even adult children, in relieving them from household responsibilities, even if the situation is objectively unfair to the child. And no calendar can fix that either. In a situation such as this, the only thing that MIGHT work is a family therapist, or perhaps a trusted clergyman, who can work with the parents on seeing their child as a human being, and not simply slave labour.

Jamison
5 Floreal CCXXVII, Nightingale
5 Octavus I, Walter Scott

Paula Spart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Then the 7 or 10 day week would be better as far as work goes. I had a concern about time spent in the classroom or on homework-especially homework, as I said in my reply to Michael. I hope the kids and college students don't have longer school days. Some students may have problems at home because their parents are making it too difficult for them to get homework done since they may get most or all of the instead of the parents and/or siblings helping to ease the load of doing the chores in addition to homework.

There are several cultures in which women and girls have to cook, clean, and other work in the house regardless of whether they work outside of the house or not. Some men expect their wives and daughters to wait on them hand-and-foot even when they're not sick or handicapped. They boys may be given other or fewer chores. Sometimes a child may be treated like she's "Cinderella" and forced to work more than her sisters. And college and high school students have more homework than younger siblings.

I seemed to have "jumped" from being "tied down" to one spot and made to do my homework when I was in elementary school, to parents not caring about my having enough time for homework when I was in high school and college and dipping into my homework time by expecting me to do the same amount of chores as I did in elementary school when I had a teenage or preteen brother who was at least in 7th grade whom I thought was capable of doing more than what he was required to do. I tried to get my parents not to "tie me down" that much with work when I had school and a job-but they told me I had "no bargaining power" and they'd kick me out of the house or threaten to to prove it once I turned 18 and was legally an adult.

Maybe there would need to be a PSA on TV and the radio saying, "Parents! The week is short-but your kids need time to do their homework!"

Of course families always had problems and unrealistic expectations. I knew that for years. I can't blame the clock or calendar for this or expect a new clock or calendar to fix it.

Paula

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 3:11 PM Jamison Painter <[hidden email]> wrote:
PAULA:
The problem with that is that a three-day work-week does not allow for 40 hours a week unless you work 13.3 hours a day. I don't think ANYBODY is going to volunteer for that, and working less than 40 hours a week means less gets done. I don't anticipate modern industry, or any other field of work, being too happy with that. Even if you go with France's 35-hour work-week, you have to work 11.7 hours a day. I simply don't see it flying at all.

Regards,
Jamison

5 Floreal CCXXVII, Nightingale
5 Octavus I, Walter Scott

Paula Spart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Michael,

This is a neat idea! After learning about the FRC and its 10 day weeks, we can have just make our weeks half the length of theirs. You can work 3 days a week, take 2 days off and then repeat the schedule. I've been wanting more weekend and less work and school days.

I don't know how that would affect the amount of homework the kids must do on the days off. The parents may just have to make sure the kids have time to do it. But then in a 10 day (2 week period) you have a total of 6 days of school and 4 days off.

And you're right, 365 is divisible by 5. We may still have to add another day to the year every 4 years as a leap year though. As long as we don't have a "leap year" on this calendar, we don't need any extracalary days. If someone wants an end of year festival of 5 days, it can still be done, but it would be a perfect 5 day week-not 5 extra days which don't belong to a week or a month. It may be nice to take a week or more off every year to relax and have some fun-besides your "paid vacation."

Paula

Paula

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:50 PM Michael Ossipoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

7-day weeks are an excellent match to a 365 day year, because, as we all know, 364 is divisible by 7.

But of course it's possible to do even bettter. As we all likewise know, 365 is divisible by 5.. There'd be 17 5-day weeks in a year.

So, for the time when the cows come home, I propose, as a suggestion only, a WeekDate calendar with a 5-day week.

It would be identical to South-Solstice WeekDate, but with 5-day weeks.

Weekends would be like now, but work and school days between weekends would be fewer.

Michael Ossipoff
18W
Kvin 2 W

Re: 3.5+1.5)-day 9h Work Re: 5-Day week for a possible SSW version

sparkielee
My dad was opposed to that. He didn't think he was "sick" enough to go to counselling and didn't want to change his ways. In fact he even blamed things on my relationship with my mother, which wasn't perfect either. It seemed he expected things out of her too and she resented me trying to get out of a responsibility or successfully doing it. I was the oldest of 3 kids with 2 brothers no sisters. The older of the 2 brothers was severely disabled; I think it was a nonverbal autism. The younger one was 6 1/6 years younger than me and needed care just because he was still a little kid when I was about 10-12 years old and of course I was able to understand why he wasn't given responsibilities at that age.
But the younger child was still given fewer responsibilities when he was 13 and I was 20 and in college. But when my mom told me what his chores were and what mine were he mowed the lawn and took out the trash and I did the indoor stuff like the dishes. I wanted to do not only less house work but I wanted to do some of his chores too. But she didn't give me a choice.

I thought about the position my mom was placed in and can be more understanding of her resentment of me even if I still thought she as well as my dad were unfair to me, since I recall overhearing her telling my dad she was tired of being at his beck and call. And once I went over to their house after leaving home and asked her if she was still working. She said she quit her job since she said my dad expected her to do all the housework in addition to her job.

At first I was unaware about all this cultural stuff my parents and other 2nd and 3rd generation Americans picked up about male and female roles in the house. Of course I'm 3rd generation on my dad's side, but my mom may have seen it in her house too as being a 3rd generation Bavarian.

I also didn't want to be given adult responsibilities as a child-not even when I was close to my teens-unless my parents paid me for it. I just wanted to be a child like my brothers.
But I had to do it for "free" and they'd just say they're feeding, clothing, and sheltering me. Later on when I asked to be paid for helping the family-he'd tell me to pay them rent. Now I understand the need to give children chores, but the boys in the house were receiving the same care if not more than the girl.

When I worked and went to school at the same time I was still expected to do the same things at home I always did and I got crabby about the stress of having more things to do within a 24 hour day than the males in the house or even my mom.

But they didn't want anyone outside of our house to know what was going on. I would have almost had to do something drastic to get out of the situation, such as dropping out of high school, running away from home, or committing some kind of crime before my 18th birthday in order to get arrested and taken to a juvenile detention facility. But I didn't.
I went to all 4 years of college and graduated with good grades. I lived at home for 2 years and stayed in the dorms for 2 years. I moved back home after graduation, worked a few jobs, and took a couple college courses-more undergrad-and grumbled when my dad took me away from my homework during from one of the classes-just to tell me to change the f**in' TV channel.

But I only exist 24 hours a day like any parent or boy. I understand now that grandparents from other countries practice what they learned from their cultures in the home and that when their children grow up they are also influenced by the foreign culture. They need to learn "you can't have your cake and eat it too" not even with the women. If they work or go to school then they don't have any more time to work around the house or care for anyone than the men do.

I'm glad you were able to spend time in other countries and observe where these gender roles are the norm so you can understand where they're coming from. I still would love to spend some time in other countries and many of the states in the US and even parts of the state I live in.

I'd need to be prepared to be "put to work" if I live with a traditional Italian family instead of living by myself in Italy.

Paula, the busy Italian girl.

Both of my dad's parents came from Italy and both of my mom's dad's parents came from Bavaria.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 7:10 PM Jamison Painter <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

18W
Kvin 2 W

Re: 3.5+1.5)-day 9h Work Re: 5-Day week for a possible SSW version

Walter, all Cc sirs:
>Indeed, for a "lost cause" this list is >generating a lot of activity.
I agree but I am working as a One-man show, at age 83+ Thus, my activity has been for a purpose.
I must thank the list for YOUR KIND assessment of my contributions:

Original Ideas versus Plagiarism

In the meantime congratulations to you, for your excellent creative work. It's always good to see people creating new ways of doing things, using their imaginations, being "godlike" in that respect in fact! Rest in the knowledge that you have given birth to a good idea (and not just stolen someone else's and claimed it as your own ;-) ) and all this many years ago. I admire your stamina!

Peace, love and freedom to you Brij!

And now, to some ideas on 5-day week, if I put in for my 896-year plan: 327257 days having 65451 5-day weeks, woh can be evenly distributed to have 853-years of 73 5-day weeks having 43 added Keplers’ Leap Weeks of 5-day each, having the EXTRA 74week, placed uniformally at 21 Years interval [(853*73)+(43*74)= (62269*73)+(43*74) =311345+15,910= 327255 days+2 day’s overflow to next 5-day week, to continue the 896-year cycle.

As for 9hour work, people already work (9am to 5pm =8 hr/day); here I make them work a 1/2 day for 5 hours, like employees already work for SECOND Saturday “OFF”, making 3.5 day + 1.5 day I.e. 5days x 9hrs. Thus, employee is NOT OVERTAXED IN Employee/Employer relation harmony! Moreso, the employee/labour gets 1.5 Day REST.

>There is a possibility to have extended >Leap Week of six(6) days once in 4-years >or a 5-day Leap Week in about 28-years!

I vividly recall my lost calculations (of some 40-years ago) as such NO NEED to recall under changed condition? Perhaps, I had worked along some 128 year cycle?

As for the Format, my TWO Quinto-days, making the 10-day week, can now be put to use as TWO 5-day weeks, with 73weeks during the year.

At this juncture, I am willing to reconcile, the current Gregorian Year need NO CHANGES except SHIFTING July 31 “as” February 29th (all years), since ONE change is always better than ‘several’ changes to COST MORE, in teaching OLDER MINDS, like mine!

I do not understand: What is it that favors the failed French Republican Calendar, while a better option is at hand, at the pleasure of Pope Gregory XIII? My presentation, as compared with World Calendar Organisation

image1.jpeg

is placed, for my views on current 7-day week 896-year plan cycle?

Regards,

Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd.), IAF ✈️.       Thursday, 2019 April 25H04:33 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2019, at 16:10, Jamison Painter <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

18W
Kvin 2 W

Revising Fwd: 3.5+1.5)-day 9h Work Re: 5-Day week for a possible SSW version

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
Walter, Jamison, Michael Cc Sirs:
“Rewording the following lines:
>As for 9hour work, people already work (<a href="x-apple-data-detectors://0" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="calendar-event" x-apple-data-detectors-result="0" style="text-decoration-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.258824);">9am to 5pm =8 hr/day); here I make them >work a 1/2 day for 5 hours, like employees already work for SECOND Saturday “OFF”, making 3.5 day + 1.5 day I.e. 5days x 9hrs. >Thus, employee is NOT OVERTAXED IN Employee/Employer relation harmony! Moreso, the employee/labour gets 1.5 Day >REST.

a) As for 9hour work, people already work (<a href="x-apple-data-detectors://0" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="calendar-event" x-apple-data-detectors-result="0" style="text-decoration-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.258824);">9am to 5pm =8 hr/day); here I make them work ‘Three days for 9hrs & a 1/2 day for 5 hours, like employees already work for SECOND Saturday “OFF”, making 3.5 day work + 1.5 day rest (i.e. 5 days x 32 hrs.) per week . This is about 45-hrs/7-day week & the employee is NOT OVERTAXED in Employee/Employer relation harmony! Moreso, the employee/labour gets 1.5 Day REST during the week!
b) the 2days over flown to next cycle, can be merged into the 22nd Keplers’ Leap Week, at 448th year, making that ONE Week of 7-days; completing 896-years in (327255+2= 327257) days.”
Should my 10-day ‘Decaday split into Two 5-day subweeks’ need revision - not accepting 3 added days’, I suggest to remove Friday & Saturday from the current 7-day Week Cycle, in continuation of current 7-day week!
I hope, this removes any misgivings, of using my 896-year cycle, USING 5-day Weeks! It is my expectation, Calendar experts & Astronomers shall both like this scheme, subject to necessary change!
My regards, sirs:
Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd.), IAF ✈️
Thursday, 2019 April 25H10:33 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brij Bhushan metric VIJ <[hidden email]>
Date: April 25, 2019 at 04:21:24 MST
To: East Carolina University Calendar discussion List <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Brij Bhushan metric VIJ Ex-Flt.Lt. Indian Air Force" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: 3.5+1.5)-day 9h Work Re: 5-Day week for a possible SSW version

Walter, all Cc sirs:
> [...]

Paula

Paula

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:50 PM Michael Ossipoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

7-day weeks are an excellent match to a 365 day year, because, as we all know, 364 is divisible by 7.

But of course it's possible to do even bettter. As we all likewise know, 365 is divisible by 5.. There'd be 17 5-day weeks in a year.

So, for the time when the cows come home, I propose, as a suggestion only, a WeekDate calendar with a 5-day week.

It would be identical to South-Solstice WeekDate, but with 5-day weeks.

Weekends would be like now, but work and school days between weekends would be fewer.

18W
Kvin 2 W

5-day vs 7-day Option Fwd: Revising Fwd: 3.5+1.5)-day 9h Work Re: 5-Day week for a possible SSW version

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
Walter, Jamison, Michael, Prof. Krishan Lal Sirs:
I draw some comparison between Mean Years for my 7-day FORMAT vs 5-day alternate plans under discussion.
     >I do not understand: What is it that
       favors the failed French Republican
       Calendar, while a better option is at
       hand, at the pleasure of >Pope Gregory
       XIII?
(a) Mean Year for Brij-Gregorian Modified Calendar= 7*(52+159/896)=365.2421875 days; (b) Mean Year for 5-day week= 5*[(73* 853)+(74*43)]=5*(62269+3182)=327255 days [other than 2days adjustment with 22nd Keplers’ Leap Week]. THIS GIVE, Mean Year=365.2399553571429 Days. On including, 2 days, Mean Year enhances to (327255+2)=327257/896=365.2421875 days, as for my 7-day week (with or without Leap Weeks). Lunar & my Tithi values remain undisturbed!
As I pointed earlier, my preference - however -remain for MY PROPOSED format for the Modified Gregorian Calendar, since Every Change shall cost the Pay-Pocket of humans /subjects of All Nations, of United Nations following the Gregorian Calendar Norms. THIS IS OND CHANGE AGAIST SEVERAL CHANGES, apart from teaching and/or Ease to adoption!
Regards,
Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd)., IAF ✈️
Monday, 2019 April 29H03:89 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brij Bhushan metric VIJ <[hidden email]>
Date: April 25, 2019 at 10:20:14 MST
To: East Carolina University Calendar discussion List <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Brij Bhushan metric VIJ Ex-Flt.Lt. Indian Air Force" <[hidden email]>

From: Brij Bhushan metric VIJ <[hidden email]>
Date: April 25, 2019 at 04:21:24 MST
To: East Carolina University Calendar discussion List <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Brij Bhushan metric VIJ Ex-Flt.Lt. Indian Air Force" <[hidden email]>

Walter, all Cc sirs:
> [...]

Paula

Paula

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:50 PM Michael Ossipoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

7-day weeks are an excellent match to a 365 day year, because, as we all know, 364 is divisible by 7.

But of course it's possible to do even bettter. As we all likewise know, 365 is divisible by 5.. There'd be 17 5-day weeks in a year.

So, for the time when the cows come home, I propose, as a suggestion only, a WeekDate calendar with a 5-day week.

It would be identical to South-Solstice WeekDate, but with 5-day weeks.

Weekends would be like now, but work and school days between weekends would be fewer.

18W
Kvin 2 W

640-Years/5-day Weeks Re: 5-day vs 7-day Option Fwd: Revising Fwd: 3.5+1.5)-day 9h Work Re: 5-Day week for a possible SSW version

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
Prof. Krishan Lal jee, Prof BV Subbarsyyaps & Calendar experts, Sirs:
 This further to my earlier note on The possibility of my calculations to result in getting the Mean Year of 365.2421875 days - like my options for 7-day 896-year Cycle, which I show with 5-day Weeks/640-Years/ 31 Kepler Leap Weeks as image1.jpeg
Year 2020 shall be 100th year after 15cyckes of 128-years; I.e. after {(Y2000 -80)+/-128} =15x128=Y1920, as discussed earlier for 7-day 896-years. A unique ‘observation’ for these TWO cycles is THE NUMBER OF WEEKS which are 46751 weeks, for 7-day or 5-day weeks? IMO my choice between the TWO still remain for my ‘Shifting July 31 to the month February as Feb.29th, in view of COST FACTOR TO remain Easiest, Surest & Cheapest proposal for Modified Gregorian Calendar. My regards, to all experts working for the Reform of Gregorian calendar,
Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd.), IAF ✈️
Tuesday, 2019 April 30H23:80 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

From: Brij Bhushan metric VIJ <[hidden email]>
Date: April 25, 2019 at 10:20:14 MST
To: East Carolina University Calendar discussion List <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Brij Bhushan metric VIJ Ex-Flt.Lt. Indian Air Force" <[hidden email]>

From: Brij Bhushan metric VIJ <[hidden email]>
Date: April 25, 2019 at 04:21:24 MST
To: East Carolina University Calendar discussion List <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Brij Bhushan metric VIJ Ex-Flt.Lt. Indian Air Force" <[hidden email]>

Walter, all Cc sirs:
> [...]

Paula

Paula

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:50 PM Michael Ossipoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

7-day weeks are an excellent match to a 365 day year, because, as we all know, 364 is divisible by 7.

But of course it's possible to do even bettter. As we all likewise know, 365 is divisible by 5.. There'd be 17 5-day weeks in a year.

So, for the time when the cows come home, I propose, as a suggestion only, a WeekDate calendar with a 5-day week.

It would be identical to South-Solstice WeekDate, but with 5-day weeks.

Weekends would be like now, but work and school days between weekends would be fewer.

image1.jpeg (186K) Download Attachment