Radian & Nautical Kilometre Re: [USMA 1021] FW: [World Metrology Day] 2019 World Metrology Day Resource Website now live: "The International System of Units - Fundamentally better"

Radian & Nautical Kilometre Re: [USMA 1021] FW: [World Metrology Day] 2019 World Metrology Day Resource Website now live: "The International System of Units - Fundamentally better"

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
Chris Pulham, Donald Hillger sirs:
Whatever, held United States to stay away for adopting The SI Metric Unites, even after some 200-years of promoting the measurements in Metric Units (excluding of course TIME UNIT, the second,s).
image1.jpeg
As a former, Veteran of Indian Air Force, I stumbled across the idea of “The Metric Second; 1973 April” and attempted to define Nautical Kilometre(on shelving Nautical Mile)  My value for fixing the value for Pi=100000/ 31831, also fixes the value for Radian=57*17’ 44”.88 - as above. This remained under discussions with USMA & Calndr-L since mid-2002, and prior since my published contribution. Since about TWO decades, I argued to switch Time of the HOUR, to link the ‘clock face 12/24hx60mx60s along with (on same dial face) as 12/24hx100mdx100sd AND equating 86400 seconds=240000 Decimal seconds. Simultaneousl, it was necessary ‘bridging Arc-angle’ as 90*60’60” =90*100’100” to co-ordinate with clock face
image2.jpeg
to read DUAL scales. Thus, keeping the HOUR same (with 24-hour day), it is easy to co-ordinate Time & Angle; and arrive at a viable definition for Nautical Kilometre - delibrately or otherwise denied to SCIENCE! Here lies the option for United States to adopt Metric Norms, the whole hog way.
IT IS TIME TO CHANGE TIME, Arc-angle & Calendar (with or without Leap Days/Leap Weeks), as discussed with experts and at my Home Page: http://www.brijvij.com
Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd.), IAF
FRIDAY, 2019 February 01H10:21 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 1, 2019, at 07:46, Hillger,Donald <[hidden email]> wrote:

FYI

Don Hillger, PhD

USMA President

www.us-metric.org