Petau and Harduin

guvapo
Hi Calender-people,

I' m new to this list and subscribed because I am interested in
chronology.

Scalinger and Petau (Petavius) could be considered the fathers of the
chronology as a science.
However, their chronology was criticised by Newton, de Arcilla and
Harduin.

Nevertheless Hardouin wrote a preface for Petau's "De doctrina
Temporum".
Anybody who evere read that preface or knows where it can be found ?

I noted that Harduin in his time was chief of the royal french
library - is that correct ?

Thanks

Re: Petau and Harduin

Gent van R.H.
iMac(?) wrote:

> Scalinger and Petau (Petavius) could be considered the
> fathers of the chronology as a science.
> However, their chronology was criticised by Newton, de
> Arcilla and Harduin.
>
> Nevertheless Hardouin wrote a preface for Petau's "De
> doctrina Temporum".
> Anybody who evere read that preface or knows where it can be found ?
>
> I noted that Harduin in his time was chief of the royal
> french library - is that correct ?

Try GOOGLING "Jean Hardouin" for literature on this person. Begin with

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07135c.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Hardouin

* Robert H. van Gent                      *
* E-mail: [hidden email]         *
* Homepage: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~vgent/ *

Re: Petau and Harduin

guvapo
Thanks Robert,
I googled in vain because I misspelled the name (Harduin or Joanni
Harduini) in stead of Hardouin.

Guido

Op 20-jun-06, om 12:02 heeft Gent van R.H. het volgende geschreven:

> iMac(?) wrote:
>
>> Scalinger and Petau (Petavius) could be considered the
>> fathers of the chronology as a science.
>> However, their chronology was criticised by Newton, de
>> Arcilla and Harduin.
>>
>> Nevertheless Hardouin wrote a preface for Petau's "De
>> doctrina Temporum".
>> Anybody who evere read that preface or knows where it can be found ?
>>
>> I noted that Harduin in his time was chief of the royal
>> french library - is that correct ?
>
> Try GOOGLING "Jean Hardouin" for literature on this person. Begin with
>
> http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07135c.htm
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Hardouin

> * Robert H. van Gent                      *
> * E-mail: [hidden email]         *
> * Homepage: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~vgent/ *

Re: Petau and Harduin

Gent van R.H.
> I googled in vain because I misspelled the name (Harduin or Joanni
> Harduini) in stead of Hardouin.

Guido who? (m.a.w. wie ben je?)

Re: Petau and Harduin

guvapo
Op 20-jun-06, om 13:45 heeft Gent van R.H. het volgende geschreven:

>> I googled in vain because I misspelled the name (Harduin or Joanni
>> Harduini) in stead of Hardouin.
>
> Guido who? (m.a.w. wie ben je?)

A nobody.
A retired anaesthesiologist collecting material for a book about
chronology.
(un petit résumé à l'usage des fous et des estropiés de la
cervelle).

Cheers,

Dr Guido Van Poucke
Bruges, Belgium