Passover - Summer - 3

Aristeo Fernando-3
Dear Calendar People,

I did not take notice seriously what I read in 2009 regarding the fig tree and the naked man.  In 2012, I found in the Holy Bible a third proof that the crucifixion happened in summer rather than in spring.  This is about the Kidron brook.

From the book Insight of the Scriptures, I read about the Torrent Valleys in ancient Israel.  For Kidron, it cited 1 Kings 2:37 which states that: "For it shall be, that on the day thou goest out, and passest over the brook Kidron, thou shalt know for certain that thou surely die: thy blood shall be upon thine own head."  The water from the Torrent Valley of Kidron passed the brook Kidron that it becomes dangerous to cross lest one maybe swept away.  When Jesus crossed the brook Kidron from Jerusalem to Bethany, Mount of Olives, and Gethsemane, and back, it was summer.  Actually, after the Passover Meal in Jerusalem, He crossed the brook Kidron to the Garden of Gethsemane in the evening.

Here is the rainfall in mm every month of the year of Jerusalem:
January - 142.2
February - 114.3
March - 99.1
April - 30.5
May - 2.5
June - 0
July - 0
August - 0
September- 0
October - 22.9
November - 68.8
December - 109.2

Source: The Weather Channel

We will note that there is no rainfall from June to September.  During the rainy season from October to May, the water from the valley may become a torrent.

Aristeo Canlas Fernando, Peace Crusader and Echo of the Holy Spirit
Motto: pro aris et focis (for the sake of, or defense of, religion and home)
http://aristean.org/ and http://peacecrusader.wordpress.com/
"The Internet is mightier than the sword."

Re: Passover - Summer - 3

Walter J Ziobro

Perhaps there was a bridge

They had bridges even then

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Saturday, April 7, 2018 Aristeo Fernando <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Calendar People,

I did not take notice seriously what I read in 2009 regarding the fig tree and the naked man.  In 2012, I found in the Holy Bible a third proof that the crucifixion happened in summer rather than in spring.  This is about the Kidron brook.

From the book Insight of the Scriptures, I read about the Torrent Valleys in ancient Israel.  For Kidron, it cited 1 Kings 2:37 which states that: "For it shall be, that on the day thou goest out, and passest over the brook Kidron, thou shalt know for certain that thou surely die: thy blood shall be upon thine own head."  The water from the Torrent Valley of Kidron passed the brook Kidron that it becomes dangerous to cross lest one maybe swept away.  When Jesus crossed the brook Kidron from Jerusalem to Bethany, Mount of Olives, and Gethsemane, and back, it was summer.  Actually, after the Passover Meal in Jerusalem, He crossed the brook Kidron to the Garden of Gethsemane in the evening.

[...]

Aristeo,

I challenge you to work out on a map where Jesus moved around between Jerusalem, the Garden of Gethsemane, Bethany, Mt. of Olives, etc. See if you can identify anywhere that there could be a raging river. Such a place does not exist as far as I can tell. The gospels are referring to a valley there, which could have flowing water when it rains. That portion of the valley doesn't seem to have a permanent river as far as I can tell. You have to go elsewhere in the valley until you reach a spot where there is a river.

Here is a photo taken in January downstream, about half way to the Dead Sea. https://goo.gl/maps/9DD45CMGTR42 This is in the middle of your heaviest period of rainfall. That river doesn't look impassible at all. To find an impassible river due to the size of flow, I think you have to go to the Jordan (which is where Jesus was baptized).

The river (Kidron) is really a wadi, meaning there's flowing water mainly when it rains and shortly thereafter.  Check out the Tomb of Absolom, for example, which is in the middle of the Kidron around the area you're interested in. Do you see any water? BTW, the Garden of Gethsemane is in the Kidron Valley.

Victor

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Aristeo Fernando <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Calendar People,

I did not take notice seriously what I read in 2009 regarding the fig tree and the naked man.  In 2012, I found in the Holy Bible a third proof that the crucifixion happened in summer rather than in spring.  This is about the Kidron brook.

From the book Insight of the Scriptures, I read about the Torrent Valleys in ancient Israel.  For Kidron, it cited 1 Kings 2:37 which states that: "For it shall be, that on the day thou goest out, and passest over the brook Kidron, thou shalt know for certain that thou surely die: thy blood shall be upon thine own head."  The water from the Torrent Valley of Kidron passed the brook Kidron that it becomes dangerous to cross lest one maybe swept away.  When Jesus crossed the brook Kidron from Jerusalem to Bethany, Mount of Olives, and Gethsemane, and back, it was summer.  Actually, after the Passover Meal in Jerusalem, He crossed the brook Kidron to the Garden of Gethsemane in the evening.

[...]

Hi Aristeo and calendar people,

It seems that Aristeo had never fully read the passage in 1 Kings he quotes from (I suggest all those interested in this discussion do so, there are many versions of the Bible on line);
That guy was in danger if he tried to cross the stream because he was forbidden to do it (regardless of season).  He was ordered by the king not to leave Jerusalem, and the Kidron stream marked the city limits.  When he did (to go look for escaped slaves) the Bible says he just saddled his donkey and set to the road, there is no indication he had to wait for the right season to do that.

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 6:00 PM, Aristeo Fernando <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Calendar People,

I did not take notice seriously what I read in 2009 regarding the fig tree and the naked man.  In 2012, I found in the Holy Bible a third proof that the crucifixion happened in summer rather than in spring.  This is about the Kidron brook.

From the book Insight of the Scriptures, I read about the Torrent Valleys in ancient Israel.  For Kidron, it cited 1 Kings 2:37 which states that: "For it shall be, that on the day thou goest out, and passest over the brook Kidron, thou shalt know for certain that thou surely die: thy blood shall be upon thine own head."  The water from the Torrent Valley of Kidron passed the brook Kidron that it becomes dangerous to cross lest one maybe swept away.  When Jesus crossed the brook Kidron from Jerusalem to Bethany, Mount of Olives, and Gethsemane, and back, it was summer.  Actually, after the Passover Meal in Jerusalem, He crossed the brook Kidron to the Garden of Gethsemane in the evening.

[...]

Dear Walter and Calendar People,

There was no bridge to cross the brook Kidron which is the eastern boundary of the city of Jerusalem.  Beyond the boundary wall is wilderness.  Would you build a bridge to the wilderness (2 Samuel 15:23)?

Aristeo Canlas Fernando, Peace Crusader and Echo of the Holy Spirit
Motto: pro aris et focis (for the sake of, or defense of, religion and home)
http://aristean.org/ and http://peacecrusader.wordpress.com/
"The Internet is mightier than the sword."

Re: Passover - Summer - 3

Aristeo Fernando-3
Dear Amos and Calendar People,

The spirit of Ama recommended that we read the King James Version (KJV) of the Holy Bible because it is "nearer the truth" (than other versions).  I use the red-letter edition of the KJV.  The words of Jesus are in red letters which I believe are not altered and are His words.

Ama also recommended that we read Awit at Salaysay ng Pasiong Mahal ni Hesukristong Panginoon Natin (Song and Narration of the Holy Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ).  The book is chanted in the Philippines during the Holy Week.

I know that during the rainless months of June to September, the brook Kidron can be crossed without fear, like Jesus when He crossed it even in the evening.

Aristeo Canlas Fernando, Peace Crusader and Echo of the Holy Spirit
Motto: pro aris et focis (for the sake of, or defense of, religion and home)
http://aristean.org/ and http://peacecrusader.wordpress.com/
"The Internet is mightier than the sword."

Re: Passover - Summer - 3

Victor Engel
Dear Aristeo,

The King James Bible was written in a version of English that did not exist during the time of Jesus. His words were most likely Hebrew or Aramaic. And the New Testament books were written in Greek.

Victor

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 8:14 AM, Aristeo Fernando <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ryan Provost-2

Maybe his lifejacket, goggles/mask, swim cap and fins and maybe his water helmet if the water is rough, and a plan/kit in case of emergency. Also he should note of the current events in the region, including the situation in Gaza and/or West bank in past days (if he follows the news online, television or radio ie CNN, Bloomberg, BBC, Sky, Al-Jazeera English, Sky News, RT, local radio, news sources in Israel, etc) I would be surprised if he does this and gets featured in the news on Israeli television or news outlets around the world including across America and here in Canada.

-Ryan

RDK 3000-Tristar

Tilbury, ON, Canada

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Passover - Summer - 3

Amos Shapir-2
Actually, at the source of the Kidron stream is the spring of Shiloah, where there is a pool and a passage through a 10th century BC water conducting tunnel; swimming gear (including a wet suite in Winter) may be useful there (but I'm not sure swimming is allowed at the pool).
But the rest of the stream -- I have spent last week's holiday around Jerusalem and WB areas to the east, including wading in one of the streams coming down towards the Dead Sea.  Only the soles of my shoes got wet while crossing it.

(As for the security situation, despite some initial concerns, the silent was deafening. It seems WB Palestinians are not prepared to risk anything for Gazans)