New Tri-calendar system (NTCS) (lunisolar/solar/leap-week)

New Tri-calendar system (NTCS) (lunisolar/solar/leap-week)

Ryan Provost-2
Your discussions on the lunisolar, leap-week and the solar calendar system prompted me an idea on proposing a tri-calendar system called the NTCS or New Tri-calendar system

It will feature the lunisolar (NLSCS [New Lunisolar Calendar system]), the solar (NSCS [New Solar Calendar system]) and the leap week solar (NLWCS [New Leap Week Calendar system]) calendar system.

For the lunisolar and solar part, we will use the astrological calculations for the sun and the moon, the same way for the Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese lunisolar and the Iranian (Persian) solar calendars are used to determine the dates. For the solar leap week, we will use the solar part of the calendar and use the 7-day week system.

So, how do we start the new year on the solar calendar?

Option 1: Start the new year on the Spring Equinox
Option 2: Start the new year on the Besselian new year when the Solar longitude reaches 270°

I would use option 2 becuase on New Year's eve, many people celebrate the new Year around the world, especially in Times Square in where the New Year's Eve ball drop at 23:59:00. The Solar longitude 270° occurs near January 1. The days of the month are determined by the 30:31:30 pattern, similar to the Symmetry010, expect at the 12th month, the days in the 12th month is 31 days. For leap years, a leap day is added near the end of the 6th month. We will use the current month names (January, February, March, April, etc) for the solar calendar.

Now for timing...

If the Solar longitude reaches 270° between 00:00:00 UTC and 11:59:59 UTC, then it's the new year on the same day, but if the Solar longitude reaches 270° between 12:00:00 UTC and 23:59:59 UTC, then it's the new year on the following day.

Now for the lunisolar calendar....
The new lunisolar year will occur if there's a first new moon since the solar new year (ie: the new moon falling between day 1 to day 29/30 of the year). If the new moon occurs between 00:00:00 UTC and 11:59:59 UTC, then it's the new lunar month on the same day. If the new moon occurs between 12:00:00 UTC and 23:59:59 UTC, then it's the new lunar month on the following day. The month names will be determined by the Greek alphabet (eg: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, etc)

And for the leap week solar calendar... The new week occurs on a Monday. If the new solar year occurs on a Monday, then it's a new year on that day. If not, then it'll be the new year on the following Monday. There will be no rule-based system since it's based on astrological calculations. We will use the 4:5:4 pattern for the leap-week solar calendar, similar to Symmetry454, expect when there's a leap week year, an extra week is added for the 12 month. The month names shall be named numerically with the suffix -let.

For the year numbering, we will continue to use the common era for this tri-calendar system.

Under the new solar calendar system, the Besselian new year occured on 2008/12/31 Wed at 07:30:43 UTC according to Kalendis, so the new year on the NSCS will be December 31, 2008 on the Gregorian Calendar. The first new moon of the new NSCS year occurs on 2009/01/26 Mon at 07:55:15 UTC, according to Kalendis, so the new year on the NLSCS will be 2009/01/26 Mon on the Gregorian Calendar, and the new year on the NLWCS will be 2009/01/05 on the Gregorian calendar.

Dates of new lunar months for 2009 CE for NLSCS:

NLSCS = Gregorian
1 Alpha 2009 = 26 January 2009
1 Beta 2009 = 25 February 2009
1 Gamma 2009 = 27 March 2009
1 Epsilon 2009 = 25 April 2009
1 Zeta 2009 = 25 May 2009
1 Eta 2009 = 23 June 2009
1 Theta 2009 = 22 July 2009
1 Iota 2009 = 20 August 2009
1 Kappa 2009 = 19 September 2009
1 Lambda 2009 = 18 October 2009
1 Mu 2009 = 17 November 2009
1 Nu 2009 = 17 December 2009

The next new year on the NSCS will be January 1, 2010 since the next Besselian new year will occur on 13:21:57 UTC on 2009/12/31. The next new year on the NLSCS will be 2010/01/15, my 23rd birthday, and the next new year on the NLWCS will be on 2009/01/04 (Dates are in Gregorian.)

According to UTC, today is May 28, 2009 in the Gregorian Calendar, so the date in the NSCS will be May 27, 2009, the date in the NLSCS will be Zeta 4, 2009, and the date in the NLWCS will be Fivelet 23, 2009.

I will be printing off a blank Gregorian calendar for June 2009 - December 2010 and mark some important national/federal/religious holidays, occasions and birthdays. I will also include NSCS, NLSCS, and NLWCS dates, as well as EMTS, Symmetry454, Yerm lunar, Hebrew, Islamic 13-month International fixed, World calendar and Chinese lunisolar dates.

Comments and discussion are welcome.

Re: New Tri-calendar system (NTCS) (lunisolar/solar/leap-week)

Mikhail Petin

Dear Mr. X (Elite 3000) and Calendar people,

Mr. X (Elite 3000) proposes 28.05.09:

> Your discussions on the lunisolar, leap-week and the solar calendar system prompted me an idea on proposing a tri-calendar system called the NTCS or New Tri-calendar system

It will feature the lunisolar (NLSCS [New Lunisolar Calendar system]), the solar (NSCS [New Solar Calendar system]) and the leap week solar (NLWCS [New Leap Week Calendar system]) calendar system >

Its a very nice idea.

I propose to add the 4-th calendar dual system NS+LSCS (New Solar+Lunisolar Calendar system).

It will be a four-calendar system called the NFCS or New Four-calendar system.

See, please:  http://calendarpetin-meton.narod.ru/2009page1-42.pdf

Your discussions on the lunisolar, leap-week and the solar calendar system prompted me an idea on proposing a tri-calendar system called the NTCS or New Tri-calendar system

It will feature the lunisolar (NLSCS [New Lunisolar Calendar system]), the solar (NSCS [New Solar Calendar system]) and the leap week solar (NLWCS [New Leap Week Calendar system]) calendar system.

For the lunisolar and solar part, we will use the astrological calculations for the sun and the moon, the same way for the Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese lunisolar and the Iranian (Persian) solar calendars are used to determine the dates. For the solar leap week, we will use the solar part of the calendar and use the 7-day week system.
Comments and discussion are welcome.
Best regards
Mikhail Petin
http://CalendarPetin-Meton.narod.ru/index.htm