My Idea for a Calendar.

Jamison Painter
Greetings, MICHAEL, FLIGHT LIEUTENANT, PAULA, AND OTHERS:

I favour a 12x30 calendar. The extra five days would celebrate exactly the same things as are celebrated on the FRC, as they are subjects of universal import. The sixth day could be any celebration that is important in a nation's history. In the US, we could celebrate the ending of the Civil War, for example.

The Firstday, Seconday, Thirdday, Fourthday, Sixthday, Seventhday, Eighthday, and Ninthday would be named after a country's OWN plants as they come into season, except in Winter, when rocks and minerals native to the country would be used. The Fifthday would be named after animals native to each country. The Tenthday would be named after native tools. Each nation could name the months after weather patterns occurring there. The New Year would be the Autumn Equinox as sighted from the Paris Observatory, and would apply world-wide. In Down Under countries, it would be at or near their Spring Equinox. As for Leap Year, I personally prefer astronomical observation from the Paris Observatory. Recognising that this may be impractical, two other, already proposed methods could be used. Either the 4-100-400 Rule could be used, or the 4-128 Rule. Other methods could be considered as well.

What are the benefits of this calendar? One, and most important, is that this method enables the FRC to be a virtual farmer's almanac for EVERYONE. Two, we all get more time off than we currently do. We get the Complementary Days plus one Decade per year. That is 15 or 16, as opposed to the 14 we get now. We get the Firstday, half the Fifthday, and the Tenthday off, which is more than the two in seven we currently get. We date our Era from the French Republic, which was one of the most important human events in history.

Countries could simply add their holidays to the calendar. The US, for example, could calculate when 4 July 1776 was on the FRC, and then put it on the calendar. Religions could do the same. Christians could still get Sundays off. Someone who wanted to go to church could just agree to work national holidays, or something, and get paid time-and-a-half on those days plus Sundays off. I mean, things could be worked out. Every company would handle it in their own way.

Another benefit is that no religion gets favoured over another. Everybody is treated alike. The Secularism of the French Republic would finally be achieved. The goals of the Revolution would be partially met. So, if I were Dictator of the world, this is what I would do.

Regards,
Jamison

1 Floreal CCXXVII, Rose
26 Archimedes 231, Frontinus

Least Change vs Cost Re: My Idea for a Calendar.

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
Paula, Michael, Jamison, Cc Sirs:
>...The extra five days would celebrate exactly the same things as are celebrated on the FRC, as they are subjects of universal import....
While, choice for The World Calendar, to be, is a matter of opinion - the world currently used some 400 or so odd calendars; I think India alone uses about 40 of these as their Regiinal calendars. My choice for PICKING the Gregorian format, among currently used calendars had been its WIDELY USED acceptance, as such my attempts to make whatever changes WAS ITS EASE IN IMPLITATION - making me go on for improving ‘one over the other’ before deciding upon MY FINAL PROPOSAL which I thought might be least costly to the Tax-Payer’s pocket; and EASE TO UNDERSTAND for making the changes/transfer from existing to Modified Gregorian Calendar.
Thus, my decision to “just ONE SHIFT” of July 31 & bringing this day as February 29th (all years), moreso to benefit World population born on that day and to enjoy/ CELEBRATE their ‘Birth Date’ Every year instead of ‘every Leap Day ie 4th Years’. The FORMAT is compatible to accommodate any 364-day format, fitting squarely in 91-day quarters/183-day half years.

Whatever, is the aim of The World Calendar Organisation, here are the results of a non-astronomy SOLDIER representing a cause TO BENEFIT THE HUMAN RACE!
        {OBSERVATION: where has my typed matter vanished)??
Regards,
Flt Lt Brij Bhushan VIJ (Retd)., IAF ✈️
Saturday, 2019 April 20H17:02 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone