Make a Moon Phases Calendar and Calculator

Make a Moon Phases Calendar and Calculator

Nick Matthews
Hi calendarists,

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/learn/project/make-a-moon-phases-calendar-and-calculator

I thought this would make a good seasonal present for this list. I'll be
making mine.

Nick Matthews
HistoryCal.org

Re: Make a Moon Phases Calendar and Calculator

Amos Shapir-2
Hi Nick and calendar people,

I got a ready-made one from http://www.lunawheel.com/

It inspired me to create a similar one (on paper, like Nasa's) to calculate the Jewish calendar (I think I've posted it here a while ago)

 Have fun,

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Nick Matthews <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi calendarists,

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/learn/project/make-a-moon-phases-calendar-and-calculator

I thought this would make a good seasonal present for this list. I'll be making mine.

Nick Matthews
HistoryCal.org

Re: Make a Moon Phases Calendar and Calculator

The NASA wheel only applies to 2018 and has one turn to a year.

The lunawheel can be used for any year of several millennia and has one turn to a lunation.

[SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE] Re: Make a Moon Phases Calendar and Calculator

Moongazer
Dear Nick Matthews and calendar people.

Re this mechanical moonphase calculator, you might be interested in this explanation I wrote about it some years ago. It was a slightly different version but worked on the same principles.

Go to the webpage below and download the article "Deconstruction of DIY, mechanical, Moon-Phase calculator"

http://secure-web.cisco.com/1jrjgi0PH-n0-JlCMiHCb11PydL9scxMxrkFDT8f3hztNBQOhR55iza1skD8F0AMgUwWP9i1-fhelng6PGp_Q_8kS9vr5b8wD5lsMWNVRc8MBimbHdGuC5J2vwMiFjplGg2PTmrVrT0B3CnraNufmm-Jdrcje9DSfzd7NdpgTkJbU6EcENAHrIVZNM7VtmgKCQ46X9c2VzpRX0YMOxrOPYzUndEjs2myHfbdlsLGpQ3P2qcPV41082vltwbaCn1s2wqTzyKJKlApy7XOHd8R_3gsUjzba-KPU-22dO4N4b9Cb5-PMWqMZDowQuTsuT4f08dgPSncOGlttL2BjzlcuJnPLURBvdRFKn5usRaisXbo5ATUqgYMmdhLRikMLxCf75sR8th3XJ4ZnqB4_U_ank3R5xPRduH8-nHlx6rQaPi94amXA-1pkdA6rg4XjKOiepw8y7Ls-Vm88yEXrPHFqp6QSWDgbdSQB3vIALZge2xH6FYNHJjksMN2dz62-8_zQ/http%3A%2F%2Fmoongazer.x10.mx%2Fwebsite%2Fastronomy%2Fdownloads.htm

Moongazer

From Nick Matthews

Re: Make a Moon Phases Calendar and Calculator

Moongazer
I see that the list server has scrambled my link again. Try the following, with the obvious adjustments:

moongazer [dot] x10 [dot] mx [slash] website [slash] astronomy [slash] downloads [dot] htm

or

tiny [dot] cc [slash] astronomy     (then go to the downloads page)

Re: Make a Moon Phases Calendar and Calculator

Christoph Päper-2
Moongazer <[hidden email]>:

> I see that the list server has scrambled my link again.

It's not the list server but some Cisco proxy on your end that is changing the URLs.