Lunar/solar nodetide ratio 7/3 RE: Lunar nodetides RE: Nodetides

Lunar/solar nodetide ratio 7/3 RE: Lunar nodetides RE: Nodetides

Karl Palmen
Dear Helios and Calendar People

I'm curious to why all the eclipse cycles listed at
https://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~gent0113/eclipse/eclipsecycles.htm that are a whole number of 12-month lunar years have a number of lunar nodetides that is a multiple of 3. There is no need for this. For example the Basic Period of 537 lunar years = 18 Inex cycles can be divided into three to give 179 lunar years of 6 Inex cycles which has 8 lunar nodetides.

I then notice that all the cycles listed that are a whole number of lunar years are also roughly a whole number of solar years.
Furthermore, they have all the exactly 3 lunar nodetides to 7 solar nodetides, provided the solar nodetides are reckoned to the whole number of solar years.

Unidos            3 lunar nodetides, 7 solar nodetides
Unnamed(327)     15 lunar nodetides, 35 solar nodetides
Grattan Guinness 18 lunar nodetides, 42 solar nodetides
Basic period     24 lunar nodetides, 56 solar nodetides
Tetradia         27 lunar nodetides, 63 solar nodetides
Hyper Exeligmos  42 lunar nodetides, 98 solar nodetides
Unnamed(1172)    54 lunar nodetides, 126 solar nodetides
Unnamed(1628)    75 lunar nodetides, 175 solar nodetides
Immobilis        84 lunar nodetides, 196 solar nodetides

The number of nodetides is calculated, by subtracting from the number of eclipse seasons, twice the number of respective years.
The number of solar years is rounded to the nearest integer.

Also the difference between the number of lunar and solar years in each cycle is equal to 2/3 the number of lunar nodetides = 2/7 the number of solar nodetides. For the unnamed(1628), this gives a difference of 50 (1678 lunar years to 1628 solar years).