Lunar & Solar Years RE: 3-3-2-3-3-3-2

Karl Palmen

Dear Aristeo, Irv, Amos and Calendar People

32 solar years is not exactly 33 lunar years (of 12 months). It is not even the best approximation of this magnitude. 33 solar years is a little closer to 34 lunar years.

33 lunar years are about 6 or 7 days longer than 32 solar years

32*365.2424 = 11687.7568

33*354.3671 = 11694.1143

33 solar years are about 4 or 5 days longer than 34 lunar years.

33*365.2424 = 12052.9992

34*354.3671 = 12048.4814

However the interval between Aristeo’s dates for the birth and crucifixion is not a whole number of solar or lunar years and the difference is closer to 1 year, than either of the previous two approximations. I make this interval (from May 23, 33 BC to Aug 17, 1 BC) to be 8*1461+85=11773 days.

We then get 11773 days = 32.2339 solar years = 33.2226 lunar years.

So the difference is about 0.01 year short of a whole year (about 3 or 4 days). This is closer than either 32 solar years to 33 lunar years or 33 solar years to 34 lunar years.

A really accurate approximation is 391 solar years to 403 lunar years. The difference is just under 4 hours.

391*365.2424 = 142809.7784

403*354.3671 =  149809.9413

Dividing by 12 we get 32 solar years and 7 solar months nearly equal to 33 lunar years and 7 lunar months (difference less than 20 minutes). So according to Aristeo’s dates, Jesus was crucified a few months too early for this to occur.

According to the current Hebrew Calendar there are exactly 228 solar years to 235 lunar years.

The coming Hebrew New Year will begin with the same moon as the Islamic New Year. This will also occur for the following two years and for a total of 19 years in each cycle of 228 Hebrew Calendar years = 235 Islamic years as shown in

http://the-light.com/cal/kp_samoon.txt