Hebrew & Islamic years beginning with Same Moon

Hebrew & Islamic years beginning with Same Moon

At this new yerm (16) in my Yerm Lunar Calendar

http://www.hermetic.ch/cal_stud/palmen/yerm1.htm

I’ve become aware that this lunar month is the last month of the year in both the Hebrew and Islamic Calendars. The next 3 years will begin with the same moon!

I produced a list of such years and put it at

http://the-light.com/cal/kp_samoon.txt

The next 3 years are 5777, 5778 & 5779 in the Hebrew Calendar and start with the same moon as 1438, 1439 & 1440 in the Islamic calendar.

Such years occur in a 228-year cycle for the Hebrew Calendar and a 235-year cycle for the Islamic calendar.

Here I quote the entire link and put the three years mentioned in bold:

228-year Cycle of Hebrew Years starting with same moon as Islamic Year

012 013 014

045 046

077 078 079

110 111 112

142 143 144

175 176 177

208 209

Add 5700 to get the AM year of the present 228-year cycle.

The corresponding Islamic years (in 235-year cycle) are

196 197 198

230 231

028 029 030

062 063 064

095 096 097

129 130 131

163 164

Add 1410 to get the AH year of the present 235-year cycle.

One curious thing about this cycle is that its years are not spaced as smoothly as possible even though the leap month years, which occur only in the Hebrew Calendar are spaced as smoothly as possible.

Karl

16(01(01 Happy New Yerm!

Re: Hebrew & Islamic years beginning with Same Moon

This is the last month of Hebrew year 5776, which is the completion of 304 metonic cycles, 76 callipic cycles and 19 hipparchic cycles

Dear Calendar People