Harappan Calendar RE: More calendars

Brij Bhushan Vij
Lance & all:
>I found a few sites on the Web that discuss old
>Armenian calendars, but only in vague terms.
Indeed interesting!
>>Does any list member know of any texts or papers that
>describe these calendars in more detail?
Ancient Hindus of *Chandravanshi dynasty* possibly used the Civil day of
TITHI duration - the period between TWO sunrises, for day-to-day use. My
approach to developing the use of civil calendar - with interval of the
sidereal day for Tropical/Sidereal Years have been projected to Calndr-L
and at my Home Page: http://www.brijvij.com/
Brij Bhushan Vij
(Monday, Kali 5107-W08-01)/265+D-158 (Tuesday, 2006 June 06H11:74(decimal)
ET
Aa Nau Bhadra Kritvo Yantu Vishwatah -Rg Veda
Jan:31; Feb:29; Mar:31; Apr:30; May:31; Jun:30
Jul:30; Aug:31; Sep:30; Oct:31; Nov:30; Dec:30
(365th day of Year is World Day)
******As per Kali V-GRhymeCalendaar*****
"Koi bhi cheshtha vayarth nahin hoti, purshaarth karne mein hai"
Contact # 001(201)675-8548

>From: Lance Latham <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: More calendars
>Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 07:48:33 -0700
>
>Group -
>
>I had the pleasure of meeting a gentleman from Armenia
>a few days ago, and the conversation somehow got
>around to calendars...
>
>I found a few sites on the Web that discuss old
>Armenian calendars, but only in vague terms.
>
>Looking into the matter a bit further led to
>additional calendars, such as the Old Georgian, etc.
>In short, there appear to be a number of calendars
>relating to areas of central and western Asia that
>were until recently Soviet republics or autonomous
>regions.
>
>From what I gather from the descriptions, these
>calendars seem to have connections, in the month names
>at least, with older Persian solar calendars.
>
>Does any list member know of any texts or papers that
>describe these calendars in more detail?
>
>The Armenian Church, by the way, seems to be
>autonomous, although fairly closely related to Eastern
>Orthodox in general traditions. In terms of theology,
>though, I believe they are Monophysites and more
>closely related to the Coptic Church.
>
>-Lance
>

>Lance Latham
>[hidden email]
>Phone:    (518) 274-0570
>Address: 78 Hudson Avenue/1st Floor, Green Island, NY 12183

>Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
>http://mail.yahoo.com

bbv_Harr.jpg (59K) Download Attachment