Happy New Goddess Lunar Year eve!

Ryan Provost-2

I just noticed this (see attached pic)

I can tell today (as of UTC, 2018-04-14 Saturday) is [1]111/13/30 (Maria 30, 0111) meaning last day of last month of the year 111 on the McKenna-Meyer Goddess Lunar Calendar and the 15th we enter year 112!

HAPPY NEW GODDESS LUNAR YEAR!!!!

Ryan

RDK 3000-Tristar

@rdktsr

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

52F58834156E42EEB49CE82E9FFF6A08.png (64K) Download Attachment

Re: Happy New Goddess Lunar Year eve!

Christoph Päper-2

As usual, you can use the wiki as a starting point. <http://calendars.wikia.com/wiki/Goddess_Lunar_Calendar>

Re: Happy New Goddess Lunar Year eve!

Jamison Painter
Ah, ok. So, what POSSIBLE excuse would there be to USE this calendar (after all, the Muslims have a lunar calendar as well, and the Jews have a lunar-solar calendar) unless I really HATED all things masculine? The disadvantages of a strictly lunar calendar are pretty obvious. I mean, it works for keeping track of feminine needs, obviously. And the Arabs, being a nomadic desert people, could use it without a problem, but a settled, agricultural people like most modern societies would find it worthless. That is why the Persians, a Muslim but settled agricultural people, use the Persian Solar Hijri Calendar. Even the Saudis shifted to the Gregorian Calendar for civil purposes in 2016.

Jamison

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018, 1:16 PM Christoph Päper <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Jamison Painter <[hidden email]>:
>
> The McKenna-Meyer Goddess Lunar Calendar: I am almost afraid to ask, but
> will someone please explain?

As usual, you can use the wiki as a starting point. <http://calendars.wikia.com/wiki/Goddess_Lunar_Calendar>

Re: Happy New Goddess Lunar Year eve!

Karl Palmen - UKRI STFC

Dear Jamison and Calendar People

I created a lunar calendar

https://www.hermetic.ch/cal_stud/palmen/yerm1.htm

It’s not intended as a replacement of a solar calendar, but to run alongside it.

Cycles of the calendar are numbered only to aid conversion to other calendars.

A converter is available at

http://the-light.com/cal/converter/

The years are not fixed at an arbitrary number of months, but extend to a natural number of months for a ‘year’ where the number of 30-day months exceeds the number of 29-day months by one.

This enables the calendar to follow the moon more closely than any other based on rules rather than observation.

I call this ‘year’ a yerm from Year & Moon. One property of this calendar is that within a yerm calendar cycle,  3 yerms are 14 days shorter than 4 years with one leap day.

Karl

17(04(01 Yerm 17, Month 4, Day 1