Hanke-Henry calendar reform proposal goes mainstream

Hanke-Henry calendar reform proposal goes mainstream

Peter Meyer
Steve H. Hanke (very likely a member of CALNDR-L) has gone mainstream
with his campaign for the adoption of the Hanke-Henry Calendar.
Curiously the non-mainstream has also picked up on this.  See:

It's Time to Change the Calendar, Once And For All
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-27/its-time-change-calendar-once-and-all

The Comments are also worth reading, as revealing the response to this
proposed calendar reform by those who seldom give much thought to
alternative calendars.

And for those list members who are unacquainted with Zero Hedge, try
https://www.zerohedge.com/

Regards,
Peter

Re: Hanke-Henry calendar reform proposal goes mainstream

Amos Shapir-2
Hi Peter and calendar people,

According to the welcome mail which was sent upon joining the list, you can request the full list of subscribers (except those who requested to be hidden) by sending the message
REVIEW CALNDR-L

I tried this, and it still works.   Steve H. Hanke is not on the advertised list.

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 7:57 AM Peter Meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Steve H. Hanke (very likely a member of CALNDR-L) has gone mainstream
with his campaign for the adoption of the Hanke-Henry Calendar.
Curiously the non-mainstream has also picked up on this.  See:

It's Time to Change the Calendar, Once And For All
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-27/its-time-change-calendar-once-and-all

The Comments are also worth reading, as revealing the response to this
proposed calendar reform by those who seldom give much thought to
alternative calendars.

And for those list members who are unacquainted with Zero Hedge, try
https://www.zerohedge.com/

Regards,
Peter

Re: Hanke-Henry calendar reform proposal goes mainstream

k.palmen@btinternet.com
Dear Peter, Amos and Calendar People

I don't think he is on this list, because he would have taken part in the thread concerning the adoption of universal time throughout the world, which is a requirement of the calendar.

It is easy to convert from Hanke-Henry Calendar to my Week and Month Calendar. One simply applies nearest Monday to the months then counts the weeks.

Karl

Saturday Delta December 2018

Irv's departure from this list Re: Hanke-Henry calendar reform proposal goes mainstream

Dear Amos and Calendar People

I've found out from Irv in private that he has left this list. Sad that he has gone.

Re: Irv's departure from this list Re: Hanke-Henry calendar reform proposal goes mainstream

Walter J Ziobro

Dear Karl

That's too bad about Irv. Perhaps he thought too many members of the list were anti-symmetrical

Walter Ziobro

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 K PALMEN <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Amos and Calendar People

I've found out from Irv in private that he has left this list. Sad that he has gone.

Re: Irv's departure from this list Re: Hanke-Henry calendar reform proposal goes mainstream

k.palmen@btinternet.com
Dear Walter and Calendar People

Irv has just shown me some graphs comparing the difference between Gregorian month starts and month starts in the 544 454 445, 100, 010 & 001 options. One of them shows that 454 produces a better match than 544. This is why I chose it for my Week & Month Calendar. One need only check the starts of February, May, August and November to verify this.

Hopefully Irv will display those graphs on his website some day soon.

Karl

Sunday Alpha January 2019

17(13(01 from noon - Epiphany New Moon

Re: Irv's departure from this list Re: Hanke-Henry calendar reform proposal goes mainstream

k.palmen@btinternet.com
Dear Walter and Calendar People

454 was also shown to be better than 445, which like 544 can have a month begin 9 days out. Also I don't consider 445 as a viable option, because it would require a 6-week month for the leap week or the leap week not to belonging to a month. One advantage of 544 and 454 is that the leap week can be accommodated in a month like other months.

Karl

Tuesday Beta January 2018

Re: Irv's departure from this list Re: Hanke-Henry calendar reform proposal goes mainstream

k.palmen@btinternet.com
Dear Walter and Calendar People
That's a good point 445 results in long 6 week leap months But what about 100 and 010 ?

KARL REPLIES: They too suffer from similar problems (leap week does not belong to a month like other months), but have months start within 5 days of the corresponding Gregorian months (rather than 9 days).

Karl

Tuesday Beta January 2019

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 K PALMEN <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Walter and Calendar People

454 was also shown to be better than 445, which like 544 can have a month begin 9 days out. Also I don't consider 445 as a viable option, because it would require a 6-week month for the leap week or the leap week not to belonging to a month. One advantage of 544 and 454 is that the leap week can be accommodated in a month like other months.

Karl

Tuesday Beta January 2018

Re: Irv's departure from this list Re: Hanke-Henry calendar reform proposal goes mainstream

Dear Walter and Calendar People

100 & 010 also suffer from the problem that the leap week either belongs to a long month or no month at all (besides itself), but the months all start within 5 days of the corresponding Gregorian month (rather than 9 days for 445).

Karl

Tuesday Beta January 2019