Hanke-Henry Calendar not in Standing Proposals for Calendar Reform

Hanke-Henry Calendar not in Standing Proposals for Calendar Reform

k.palmen@btinternet.com
Dear Rick and Calendar People

I've noticed that the Hanke-Henry Calendar is not in the list of Standing Proposals for Calendar Reform at
http://myweb.ecu.edu/mccartyr/calendar-reform.html#AA
It is a great surprise that I can't find such a notable calendar there!

Its web page is at
http://hankehenryontime.com/
with calendar explained at
http://hankehenryontime.com/html/calendar.html

I'd also appreciate my Week and Month Calendar being added alongside the Hanke-Henry Calendar. Its web page is at
https://www.hermetic.ch/cal_stud/palmen/wkmth.htm

Also I found a typo in the year of the last calendar in the list.

Karl

Saturday Delta December 2018

Re: Hanke-Henry Calendar not in Standing Proposals for Calendar Reform

Amos Shapir-2
Hi Karl and calendar people,

The trouble with HH's site it that it gives a very long list of coming leap years, but no formula of how this list was calculated (nearest Monday?).
There is also no mention of the epoch, though it may be deduced from the converted date in the first page.

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 1:01 PM K PALMEN <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Rick and Calendar People

I've noticed that the Hanke-Henry Calendar is not in the list of Standing Proposals for Calendar Reform at
It is a great surprise that I can't find such a notable calendar there!

Its web page is at
with calendar explained at

I'd also appreciate my Week and Month Calendar being added alongside the Hanke-Henry Calendar. Its web page is at

Also I found a typo in the year of the last calendar in the list.

Karl

Saturday Delta December 2018

Re: Hanke-Henry Calendar not in Standing Proposals for Calendar Reform

k.palmen@btinternet.com
Dear Amos and Calendar People

Yes. The HH site does seem to be making it difficult for people to write a HH conversion program, as though he wants them to use his own conversion software when its ready. It does not even mention that the leap years repeat once every 400 years.

However on http://hankehenryontime.com/html/qanda.html in response to the question about leap years. It is stated that a leap year is a year is a leap year if and only if the corresponding Gregorian year begins or ends on a Thursday. Also on that page the epoch of 1 January 2018 is mentioned.

Karl

Sunday Delta December 2018

Re: Hanke-Henry Calendar not in Standing Proposals for Calendar Reform

Rick has now added my Week & Month Calendar to his Standing Proposals for Calendar Reform
http://myweb.ecu.edu/mccartyr/calendar-reform.html#AA

I also found the Common Civil Calendar & Time there, which is an old version of the HH calendar with Sunday starting quarters. The web page does not appear to have an up-to-date link to the current (and new) page for the HH calendar.

Happy New Year!

Karl

Monday Alpha January 2019