Fregorian Calendar

Karl Palmen - UKRI STFC

Dear Calendar People

I’ve been aware that if you count the days of the year from March 1, Christmas Day always occurs on the 300th day.

This is led to me think of a calendar where each month has 30 days and Christmas Day always occurs on the last day of the 10th month (Decembrose 30). I call the calendar the Fregorian calendar, because it uses the Gregorian year beginning March 1, but is otherwise similar to the French Republican calendar. Each year takes the number of the Gregorian year within which it begins. The year before a leap year according to Gregorian leap year rule takes the 6th epagomenal day.

The months are as follows:

Marchal  Mar 1  – Mar 30 (0)

Aprial   Mar 31 – Apr 29 (1)

Mayal    Apr 30 – May 29 (1)

Junedor  May 30 – Jun 28 (2)

Julydor  Jun 29 – Jul 28 (2)

Augudor  Jul 29 – Aug 27 (3)

Septembaire Aug 28 – Sep 26 (4)

Octobaire   Sep 27 – Oct 26 (4)

Novembaire  Oct 27 – Nov 25 (5)

Decembrose  Nov 26 – Dec 25 (5)

Januose     Dec 26 – Jan 24 (6)

Februose    Jan 25 – Feb 23 (7)

Epagomenal Days Feb 24 to end of February.

The number in () is what you add to the Gregorian day of month number to get the corresponding number in the Fregorian calendar, provided it’s in range.

The Gregorian calendar equinox day occurs on Marchal 21 and Easter occurs between Marchal 22 to Aprial 26 inclusive.

Every Fregorian year from 1900 to 2099 begins on the 22nd day of the 6th month in the Coptic/Ethiopian calendar.

Januose 18, 2017

Re: Fregorian Calendar

Amos Shapir-2
High Karl and calendar people,

While the general scheme makes sense, what's the merit of starting the year on March 1?  This just preserves the Julian/ Gregorian bug of the leap day.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Karl Palmen <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dear Amos and Calendar People