Equinox and Solstice Dates in the Week & Month Calendar

Equinox and Solstice Dates in the Week & Month Calendar

I've worked out the approximate date ranges of the equinoxes and solstices in my Week & Month Calendar by looking at the equinox & solstice times of 1920 & 2077, which are the earliest and latest starting years of the 400-year cycle.

March Equinox: Friday Beta to Saturday Gamma March
June Solstices: Sunday Beta to Monday Delta June
September Equinox: Wednesday Gamma to Thursday Delta
December Solstice: Tuesday Gamma to Wednesday Delta

So the combined range is Friday Beta to Thursday Delta of the last month of the quarter, which is just under two weeks.
Therefore, if you wish, one could fix the equinoxes and solstices into a 2-week range of dates of the quarter, by changing the year start rule. The quarters would have 13 weeks not counting any leap week.

Karl

Sunday Epsilon November 2018

Re: Equinox and Solstice Dates in the Week & Month Calendar

Walter J Ziobro

Dear Karl et al

It has occurred to me that your week and month system can be applied to my Balanced French Calendar If I understand your system currently, today would be Sunday Beta Frimaire

On Sunday, December 2, 2018 K PALMEN <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Calendar People

[...]

Michael Ossipoff
Walter, Karl and list--

Walter, you said:

It has occurred to me that your week and month system can be applied to my Balanced French Calendar If I understand your system currently, today would be Sunday Beta Frimaire.

In the original French-Republican Calendar, with the year starting on the (Paris) day that contains the Autumnal-Equinox, named by week-of-month and day-of-week, today would be:

Frimaire  Beta  Day-One     (Where "Day-One" just stands for their name of the 1st day of their 10-day week (which I don't remember)).

At the Calendar-Wiki, you mentioned a 7-day-week version of Balanced-French-Republican. What would its month-structure look like?

Re: Equinox and Solstice Dates in the Week & Month Calendar

Karl--

But, with a leapwweek calendar, isn't it possible to keep the peak-to-peak jitter-amplitude from ever exceeding a week?

Re: Equinox and Solstice Dates in the Week & Month Calendar

Michael Ossipoff

Walter--

I said:

[quote]
In the original French-Republican Calendar, with the year starting on the (Paris) day that contains the Autumnal-Equinox, named by week-of-month and day-of-week, today would be:

Frimaire  Beta  Day-One     (Where "Day-One" just stands for their name of the 1st day of their 10-day week (which I don't remember)).
[/quote]

But, with the improved placement of the complementary blank-days, that would be:

Frimaire  Alpha  Day-Ten

(...because of the blank-day at the beginning of the 1st month of the year.)

You said:

There is no need to use Karl's week naming scheme for the 10 day decadis They are already identified in the original French calendar for each 30 day month The naming scheme is necessary only if you choose to use 7 day weeks

Of course. The last digit of the day-of-the month is also the name of the day of the week.

But the version with a 10-day week is the only version of the French-Republican Calendar that I've ever heard of.

At the Calendar Wiki, you mentioned a version with a 7-day week, but you didn't give any deails. I've asked you what its month-system would look like.

So, when there was discussion about week-of-month and day-of-week in the French Republican Calendar, I replied about the only French Republican Calendar that I've ever heard of.

So, let me ask again: What would your French-Republican Calendar with 7-day week look like?  For example, what would be its month-system?

Of course it goes without saying that the French-Republican Calendar's nature features--its seasonally-named months, and its seasonal names for each day of the year--Those things could be added to any calendar. The 30X12 month-system isn't necessary in order to have a calendar like that. Starting on an equinox or solstice, and having the various seasonal features referred to above would make a very similar rural-nature seasonal-calendar.

But, without the 30X12 months and 10-day week, I don't think you could rightly call it a version of the French-Republican Calendar.   ....just something similar.

But, specifically, what would your 7-day version of the French-Republican Calendar look like? In particular, hat would its month-system be?

Michael Ossipoff

Southward3, Week 1  Sunday

2018-48-7

Balenced French Calendar Weeks Re: Equinox and Solstice Dates in the Week & Month Calendar

Dear Walter and Calendar People

I don't understand how it could be applied to the Balenced Franch Calendar, because the months have 30 days, which is not a whole number of weeks (unless the weeks are decades). Please explain in more detail.

Karl

Monday Alpha December 2018

Re: Equinox and Solstice Dates in the Week & Month Calendar

Yes it is possible, but not a priority.

Karl

Monday Alpha December 2018