Eclipse Cycle Calculator

Palmen, KEV (Karl)
Dear Robert and Calendar People

I can't get the eclipse cycle calculator at
http://www.phys.uu.nl/~vgent/calendar/eclipsecycles.htm#An%20eclipse%20cycle%20calculator
to work. There seem to be no instructions for it. Which fields do you need to fill?

Ideally it should give information if either
Inex, Saros and Epoch are filled or
Number of Lunations, Number of Eclipse Seasons and Epoch are filled.

I note that (Inex,Saros) and (#Lunations,#Eclipse Seasons) are related by a matrix multiplication, which I gave in an earlier note to CALNDR-L.

Karl

07(15(12 till noon

Re: Eclipse Cycle Calculator

Gent van R.H.
Karl Palmen wrote

> I can't get the eclipse cycle calculator at
> http://www.phys.uu.nl/~vgent/calendar/eclipsecycles.htm#An%20e
clipse%20cycle%20calculator
> to work. There seem to be no instructions for it. Which
> fields do you need to fill?

Hi,

In my next revision of this webpage I will add instructions.

For the moment, use the +/- buttons next to the Inex/Saros fields to select
the appropriate values. You can also input the I/S values directly but you
have to click on a +/- button to start the calculator.

I realize that it is a bit awkward but I hope to make some improvements
during the Christmas holiday.

* Robert H. van Gent                                  *
* E-mail: [hidden email]                     *
* Homepage: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~vgent/homepage.htm *