Doubtful tables

Aristeo Fernando-3
Dear Karl and Amos and Calendar People,d

I have not heard from Karl Palmen and Amos Shapir with regards to the anomaly that I discovered generating these tables.  I cited the second part which is missing.

I say that there is an anomaly because Hillel II made the following in 358 AD when he reformed the Jewish calendars:
1.  The Fast of Esther which used to be on Nisan 13 was moved to Adar 13 with the associated Purim Festival.
2.  The Passover Festival which used to be celebrated on fifteenth (15th) of the first month of the year was fixed on Nisan 15.
3,  Rosh Hodesh or the New Moon Festival was made a minor festival.
4.  anno mundi was made the beginning of the year.
5.  The Metonic Cycle of making Leap Year every 3rd, 6th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th and 19th year in a 19-year cycle were wrongly placed (3-3-2-3-3-3-2).

Aristeo Canlas Fernando, Peace Crusader and Echo of the Holy Spirit
Motto: pro aris et focis (for the sake of, or defense of, religion and home)
http://aristean.org/ and http://peacecrusader.wordpress.com/
"The Internet is mightier than the sword."

Re: Doubtful tables

Amos Shapir-2
Hi Aristeo and calendar people,

There was no answer because your previous message were unclear.  Now that you state it explicitly, the answers are:
- There was no such reform; Hillel did not change the calendar, he just made the algorithm public so all Jews could follow it everywhere.
- The Fast of Esther had always been set on Adar 13, see Esther 9:17;
- The first month had always been Nissan, see Number 12:2
- The status of Rosh Hodesh among holidays had changed in different times and places, according to circumstances, but never because of any formal decision.
- Year numbering is a rather late addition, probably later that Hillel; it's source is usally cited as the book Seder Olam Raba which was later edited in 806 AD.
  In any case, there is no known source which indicates that anyone had decreed it as an official part of the calendar.

That's the best I can answer in a short message.  I have cited sources of all answers; what sources do you base your claims on?

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 3:25 AM Aristeo Fernando <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dear Amos and Calendar People,

Esther 9:17 is a day of "feasting and gladness", not a day of fasting.  Read Esther 3:12.

On ‎Monday‎, ‎April‎ ‎22‎, ‎2019‎ ‎05‎:‎02‎:‎17‎ ‎PM‎ ‎AEST, Amos Shapir <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I think Numbers 12:2 should be Exodus 12:2.