Date notation codes

Christoph Päper-2

Re: Date notation codes

Christoph Päper-2
Thank you, Michael, this is pretty much what I was looking for.

Re: Date notation codes

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
Christopher, Michael, Karl all, Sirs:
Frankly I am not a fit person to actively discuss ‘calendar-options’ but do wish to point that I was one among the contributors who projected the need for Standardisation of Date notation code in the Descending Order for Date writing format in around 1975 through then Editorial staff of Bureau of Indian Standards, namely Gursharan Singh & late DS Johar who encouraged me to add my views after Press Trust of India took some lead in publishing my ideals for The Metric Calendar Year and the comparison of my Tropico-Sidreal Year, Metric Year & Gregorian calendar formats. My idea of Dscending Date writing was born out of this, while I devoted some pages to this aspect in my Book Towards A Unified Technology (1982).
A comprehensive Date code and its Standardisation like the Standard ISO 1988, as revised now are mandatory in growing needs for International Date writing Agreements and finance transactions among Nations & banking sectors.
I am glad some work is heading towards such an important issue.
Regards,
Ex-Flt Lt Brij Bhushan metric Vij, Retd
Monday, 2017 October 30H14:49(decimal)

Sent from my iPhone