Continuous Weekly Cycle Proven False

Vladimir Pakhomov-2

What do you think about this?

"Continuous Weekly Cycle Proven False"

https://www.worldslastchance.com/yahuwahs-calendar/qcontinuous-weekly-cycleq-proven-false.html

Vladimir Pakhomov

http://pakhomov.com/

Re: Continuous Weekly Cycle Proven False

Amos Shapir-2
The author seems to think that the weekly cycle is tied to the calendar, rather than a repeated count of 7 days, independent of any calendar - including the original Biblical one.

He claims that the discontinuity had happened when the Roman calendar was adopted - but the Romans did not use any count of 7 days, so the discussion of Roman calendars is rather irrelevant.  In the same way, the discussion of changes in the Jewish calendar is also irrelevant.

He also claims that in the old lunar calendar the weekly count was started afresh on each new moon, but brings up no evidence that this applies to the Biblical calendar.  On the contrary, this claim clearly contradicts the very source he quotes, Leviticus 23.  First, 23:5 leaves no doubt that the Biblical intention is of a continuous 7 days count, no possibility of changing the length of any week is allowed; second, the Hebrew source uses different terms: Shabbath for the rest day on the 7th day of the week, Shabbaton for rest days which may not fall on the 7th day; and third, the definition of Pentecost in 23:15 is of a Holiday which is tied to the weekly cycle, but not the calendar, and has no fixed date.

In short, it's yet another baseless "revelation" by someone who has no clue about the subject he's talking about.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Vladimir Pakhomov <[hidden email]> wrote:

What do you think about this?

"Continuous Weekly Cycle Proven False"

https://www.worldslastchance.com/yahuwahs-calendar/qcontinuous-weekly-cycleq-proven-false.html

Vladimir Pakhomov

http://pakhomov.com/

Re: Continuous Weekly Cycle Proven False

Sonny Pondrom
It is impractical for the world calendar to change the 7 day cycle.  But we could do like the ISO calendar does and start every year on a Monday (or Sunday) and then, on the current Leap year day, have a 5 day week.  This would keep ISO calendars the same for 4 years and eliminate the years starting on different days of the week.

Sonny

Pierre Pondrom
2015/ II / 8 / Mon
year/qtr/week/day
May has mod(7) on Thur

On May 25, 2015, at 5:22 PM, Amos Shapir <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

My birthday will be on Monday at all times.

I do not want it.

Vladimir Pakhomov

http://pakhomov.com/

Re: Continuous Weekly Cycle Proven False

Sepp Rothwangl
Vladimir,
If you take CEP, then your birthday will never repeat at the same day number  ;=)

servus
Sepp Rothwangl, CEP -240.993

May has mod(7) on Thur

Re: Continuous Weekly Cycle Proven False

Dear Vladimir

Then have a Birthweek instead!

Karl

14(17(10 from noon

Re: Continuous Weekly Cycle Proven False

Vladimir Pakhomov-2

Dear Karl,

You have calmed me, thank you.  J

Vladimir Pakhomov

http://pakhomov.com/

Re: Continuous Weekly Cycle Proven False

Sonny, all:
>.....rather than a repeated count of 7 days,
I recall my childhood; when my late uncle Ram Bheja Mal Mahotra used to rhyme....
Mangal (Tuesday), Dhangal, Budh (Wednesday) SAYANA
Veer (Thursday) andha te-Shukar (Friday) Kana (blind of one eye)
Shani (Saturday) Var asie school nahin Jaana
Et-Waar (Sunday) sade guran da var
SOM-Vaar (Monday) Jo karsi Kartar.
My calendar is the ONLY one that seems to me which fulfil [13th Never a Friday]:
Regards,
Brij Bhushan Vij
Thursday. 2015 May 28H14:11(decimal)EST
Aa Nau Bhadra Kritvo Yantu Vishwatah -Rg Veda
The Astronomical Poem (revised number of days in any month)
"30 days has July,September,
April, June, November and December
all the rest have 31 except February which has 29
except on years divisible evenly by 4;
except when YEAR divisible by 128 and 3200 -
as long as you remember that
"October (meaning 8) is the 10th month; and
December (meaning 10) is the 12th BUT has 30 days & ONE
OUTSIDE of calendar-format"
Jan:31; Feb:29; Mar:31; Apr:30; May:31; Jun:30
Jul:30; Aug:31; Sep:30; Oct:31; Nov:30; Dec:30
(365th day of Year is World Day)
******As per Kali V-GRhymeCalendaar*****
"Koi bhi cheshtha vayarth nahin hoti, purshaarth karne mein hai"
My Profile - http://www.brijvij.com/bbv_2col-vipBrief.pdf
Author had NO interaction with The World Calendar Association
except via Media & Organisations to who I contributed for A
Possible World Calendar, since 1971.
HOME PAGE: http://www.brijvij.com/
Contact via E-mail: [hidden email] OR
"GAYATRI LOK"  Flat # 3013/3rd Floor
NH-58, Kankhal Bypass, Dev-Bhoomi, HARIDWAR-249408 (Uttrakhand - INDIA)