Christoph's New Calendars

k.palmen@btinternet.com
This email originated from outside ECU.

Dear Calendar People

I see Christoph has been adding a family of new calendar proposals to the Calendar Wikia. They have one feature that distinguishes them from earlier proposals. It is that the extrahebdomadal days (days outside 7-day week) are placed at the end of the second month close to the Gregorian leap day insertion point. The two extrahebdomadal days are named after Uranus and Neptune; Uranday, which is annual, and Nepday, which is the leap day and is placed after Unranday.

This I see fitted onto two different month structures, each of which fits in the Gregorian calendar year. 13 months of 4 weeks each and the Gregorian months. In either, the extrahebdomadal days occur at the end of the second month.

See https://calendars.wikia.org/wiki/A1_Calendar which links to other proposals.

Also Christoph proposes a reform to the Tamil calendar, which is different from these.

Karl

Tuesday Alpha April 2020

Re: Christoph's New Calendars

Christoph Päper-2
This email originated from outside ECU.

Hi Karl and other calendarists

I have just copy-edited those pages. They have been started by another user who apparently is also the inventor: <https://calendars.wikia.org/wiki/User:Arivuz> = <https://calendars.wikia.org/wiki/User:Arivumani1>

By the way, life came in the way in the past couple of months. I hope to be able to catch up unread messages to this mailing list soon.

Am 31. März 2020, 12:33, um 12:33, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

>This email originated from outside ECU.
>

>Dear Calendar People
>

>I see Christoph has been adding a family of new calendar proposals to
>the Calendar Wikia. They have one feature that distinguishes them from
>earlier proposals. It is that the extrahebdomadal days (days outside
>7-day week) are placed at the end of the second month close to the
>Gregorian leap day insertion point. The two extrahebdomadal days are
>named after Uranus and Neptune; Uranday, which is annual, and Nepday,
>which is the leap day and is placed after Unranday.
>

>This I see fitted onto two different month structures, each of which
>fits in the Gregorian calendar year. 13 months of 4 weeks each and the
>Gregorian months. In either, the extrahebdomadal days occur at the end
>of the second month.
>

>See https://calendars.wikia.org/wiki/A1_Calendar which links to other
>proposals.
>

>Also Christoph proposes a reform to the Tamil calendar, which is
>different from these.
>

>Karl
>

>Tuesday Alpha April 2020

Arivumani's Calendar Proposals Re: Christoph's New Calendars

k.palmen@btinternet.com
This email originated from outside ECU.

Dear Christoph and Calendar People

Thank you Christoph for your information.

The following is an external link

http://www.calendar.international

Both the proposals with Gregorian Months and 4-week months are shown there. I note that the two proposals have incompatible weeks so cannot be run concurrently without disagreement of the day of the week sometimes occurring.

Karl

Wednesday Alpha April 2020