BBC's brief history of time zones

Amos Shapir
The BBC site had just uploaded a presentation about time zones, with many explanations and interesting trivia.

Full story at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12849630

Re: BBC's brief history of time zones

Irv Bromberg
<base href="x-msg://28/">
On 2011 Mar 27, at 12:00 , Amos Shapir wrote:
The BBC site had just uploaded a presentation about time zones, with many explanations and interesting trivia.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12849630

On my Mac and PC systems, using a variety of web browsers, none of the video clips there work.  ("Errors on page", "File Not Found")

Do you have any problems viewing those?

I wonder if they are restricted to free availability only in the UK?

-- Irv Bromberg, Toronto, Canada

-- Irv Bromberg, Toronto, Canada

Re: BBC's brief history of time zones

Jim Riley-4
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:58:34 -0400, Irv Bromberg
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 2011 Mar 27, at 12:00 , Amos Shapir wrote:
>> The BBC site had just uploaded a presentation about time zones, with many explanations and interesting trivia.
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12849630
>
>On my Mac and PC systems, using a variety of web browsers, none of the video clips there work.  ("Errors on page", "File Not Found")
>
>Do you have any problems viewing those?
>
>I wonder if they are restricted to free availability only in the UK?

I was able to do so on Sunday (in Houston, Texas) but now I just get a
gray box.

There is a "Contact Us" link in the lower right corner of the web page
where you can report technical problems.  I did so, but I don't see
that multiple reports would hurt, especially since you are getting
different symptoms.
Jim Riley

Re: BBC's brief history of time zones

Sonny Pondrom
It can be viewed in St. Louis, MO. USA

Sonny Pondrom
2011/1/13/1
[Yr/Qtr/Wk/Day]

I wonder if they are restricted to free availability only in the UK?

Re: BBC's brief history of time zones

Karl Palmen - UKRI STFC
<base href="x-msg://28/">

Dear Calendar People

I find the web page works OK on with Windows PC at work (using IE), but not on my Mac at home (using Safari), which won’t respond to a click of the ‘continue’.

Karl

11(14(24 till noon

On 2011 Mar 27, at 12:00 , Amos Shapir wrote:

The BBC site had just uploaded a presentation about time zones, with many explanations and interesting trivia.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12849630

On my Mac and PC systems, using a variety of web browsers, none of the video clips there work.  ("Errors on page", "File Not Found")

Do you have any problems viewing those?

I wonder if they are restricted to free availability only in the UK?

-- Irv Bromberg, Toronto, Canada

--
Scanned by iCritical.

Re: BBC's brief history of time zones

John Dalziel
<base href="x-msg://28/">
The videos seem to work fine in Chrome (on Mac) but not in Safari or Firefox.

On 29 Mar 2011, at 09:17, Karl Palmen wrote:

Dear Calendar People

I find the web page works OK on with Windows PC at work (using IE), but not on my Mac at home (using Safari), which won’t respond to a click of the ‘continue’.

Karl

11(14(24 till noon

Re: BBC's brief history of time zones

Amos Shapir
I could watch it using Firefox on Linux, but now it seems that the movies do not load off the external server (visualscience.bbc.co.uk) though everything else looks OK.

Amos Shapir