Attention those reading on Gmail and/or posting from Yahoo

Attention those reading on Gmail and/or posting from Yahoo

Amos Shapir-2
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Victor Engel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> I responded the way I did because I wasn't seeing your posts - only quotes
> of your posts. It looks like gmail is marking your posts as spam. I've
> noticed this is happening a lot lately when the sender has a yahoo.com email
> address. Anyway, I thought you should know your posts are probably not
> making it to the in boxes of most recipients with gmail accounts.

Gmail indeed sends all mail from Yahoo to the Spam folder.  I tried
contacting them to report it but to no avail.

In any case, if you're using Gmail, check your Spam folder and mark
the relevant messages as "Not Spam", which will move them back to
Inbox.  Then (this must be done in Inbox) for each sender you wish to
un-block, do the following:

1. Open the message
2. Click on the little triangle at the top right
3. Mark "Filter messages like this"
4. In the filter menu, mark "Never send to spam"

I hope this helps.  I'm still waiting for Gmail to come to their
senses, but I'm not holding my breath...

Re: Attention those reading on Gmail and/or posting from Yahoo

Victor Engel
Thanks. I like that method better than the previous suggestion I read (adding the sender to contacts).

Victor

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Amos Shapir <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Victor Engel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> I responded the way I did because I wasn't seeing your posts - only quotes
> of your posts. It looks like gmail is marking your posts as spam. I've
> noticed this is happening a lot lately when the sender has a yahoo.com email
> address. Anyway, I thought you should know your posts are probably not
> making it to the in boxes of most recipients with gmail accounts.

Gmail indeed sends all mail from Yahoo to the Spam folder.  I tried
contacting them to report it but to no avail.

In any case, if you're using Gmail, check your Spam folder and mark
the relevant messages as "Not Spam", which will move them back to
Inbox.  Then (this must be done in Inbox) for each sender you wish to
un-block, do the following:

1. Open the message
2. Click on the little triangle at the top right
3. Mark "Filter messages like this"
4. In the filter menu, mark "Never send to spam"

I hope this helps.  I'm still waiting for Gmail to come to their
senses, but I'm not holding my breath...

Re: Attention those reading on Gmail and/or posting from Yahoo

P.S. Gmail does this with aol accounts, too.

Victor

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Amos Shapir <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Victor Engel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> I responded the way I did because I wasn't seeing your posts - only quotes
> of your posts. It looks like gmail is marking your posts as spam. I've
> noticed this is happening a lot lately when the sender has a yahoo.com email
> address. Anyway, I thought you should know your posts are probably not
> making it to the in boxes of most recipients with gmail accounts.

Gmail indeed sends all mail from Yahoo to the Spam folder.  I tried
contacting them to report it but to no avail.

In any case, if you're using Gmail, check your Spam folder and mark
the relevant messages as "Not Spam", which will move them back to
Inbox.  Then (this must be done in Inbox) for each sender you wish to
un-block, do the following:

1. Open the message
2. Click on the little triangle at the top right
3. Mark "Filter messages like this"
4. In the filter menu, mark "Never send to spam"

I hope this helps.  I'm still waiting for Gmail to come to their
senses, but I'm not holding my breath...

Re: Attention those reading on Gmail and/or posting from Yahoo

Dear Amos and Calendar People,

The problem is not gmail -- it is yahoo (and also AOL). For details on what's happening, see this blog post, which does a pretty good job of explaining and also what users can do about it.

Victor

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Amos Shapir <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Victor Engel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> I responded the way I did because I wasn't seeing your posts - only quotes
> of your posts. It looks like gmail is marking your posts as spam. I've
> noticed this is happening a lot lately when the sender has a yahoo.com email
> address. Anyway, I thought you should know your posts are probably not
> making it to the in boxes of most recipients with gmail accounts.

Gmail indeed sends all mail from Yahoo to the Spam folder.  I tried
contacting them to report it but to no avail.

In any case, if you're using Gmail, check your Spam folder and mark
the relevant messages as "Not Spam", which will move them back to
Inbox.  Then (this must be done in Inbox) for each sender you wish to
un-block, do the following:

1. Open the message
2. Click on the little triangle at the top right
3. Mark "Filter messages like this"
4. In the filter menu, mark "Never send to spam"

I hope this helps.  I'm still waiting for Gmail to come to their
senses, but I'm not holding my breath...

Re: Attention those reading on Gmail and/or posting from Yahoo

Ryan Provost-2
Good thing I am reading and sending this from Microsoft's Outlook.com (formerly Windows Live Mail/Hotmail)

Ryan
Team Elite Leader
http://teamelitetel.wix.com/main

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:43:36 -0500
From: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Attention those reading on Gmail and/or posting from Yahoo
To: [hidden email]

Dear Amos and Calendar People,

The problem is not gmail -- it is yahoo (and also AOL). For details on what's happening, see this blog post, which does a pretty good job of explaining and also what users can do about it.

Victor

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Amos Shapir <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Victor Engel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> I responded the way I did because I wasn't seeing your posts - only quotes
> of your posts. It looks like gmail is marking your posts as spam. I've
> noticed this is happening a lot lately when the sender has a yahoo.com email
> address. Anyway, I thought you should know your posts are probably not
> making it to the in boxes of most recipients with gmail accounts.

Gmail indeed sends all mail from Yahoo to the Spam folder.  I tried
contacting them to report it but to no avail.

In any case, if you're using Gmail, check your Spam folder and mark
the relevant messages as "Not Spam", which will move them back to
Inbox.  Then (this must be done in Inbox) for each sender you wish to
un-block, do the following:

1. Open the message
2. Click on the little triangle at the top right
3. Mark "Filter messages like this"
4. In the filter menu, mark "Never send to spam"

I hope this helps.  I'm still waiting for Gmail to come to their
senses, but I'm not holding my breath...

Re: Attention those reading on Gmail and/or posting from Yahoo

Vladimir Pakhomov-2
I did the filter in the gmail:
All letters to [hidden email] are not spam.
It works well.

Best regards,
Vladimir Pakhomov
http://pakhomov.com/