Another Deriv'n of Karl's E-Season Formula

Another Deriv'n of Karl's E-Season Formula

Helios
Dear Karl and Calendar People,

Karl has stated that certain lunisolar eclipse cycles obey

Eclipse Seasons = 200*Years - 16*Months
E = 200*Y - 16*M
or
1/e = 200/y - 16/m

as we use upper case for extensive and lower case for intensive.

Now should we create a 198-part calendar year where the parts are reckoned to equal 16ths of a lunar month, then one of these parts drops off in this many years;

correction ( in years ) = 1/[ 198 - 16*( y/m ) ]

Now we directly equate this to a nodetide
nodetide = 1/[ ( y/e ) - 2 ]

that is, a part drops off every nodetide. The result agrees with Karl's formula.
The year evaluated is 365.242715 days