Anomalistic & Synodic Months and Full Moon Cycle RE: Sidereo-Synodic Moon Re: Full Moon Cycle ...

Anomalistic & Synodic Months and Full Moon Cycle RE: Sidereo-Synodic Moon Re: Full Moon Cycle ...

Karl Palmen

Dear Brij and Calendar People

The full moon cycle is related to Synodic Month and the Anomalistic Month (not Sidereal Month). The Wikipedia article said:

The average duration of the anomalistic month is:

AM = 27.55454988 days[3]

The synodic month has an average duration of:

SM = 29.530588853 days[4]

The full moon cycle is the beat period of these two, and has a duration of:

(SM × AM)/(SM – AM) = 411.78443d FC={\frac  {SM\times AM}{SM-AM}}=411.78443d

The same is said in the supermoon article at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermoon#Frequency but in less detail.

Re: Anomalistic & Synodic Months and Full Moon Cycle RE: Sidereo-Synodic Moon Re: Full Moon Cycle ...

Brij Bhushan metric VIJ
Karl, sirs:
I stand corrected, I thank you. However, it’s periodicity seems similar and closer.
Regards,
Ex-FltLt Brij Bhushan Vij (Retd)
Wednesday, 2017 Nov.08H11:48 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 8, 2017, at 11:16 AM, Karl Palmen <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Brij and Calendar People

The full moon cycle is related to Synodic Month and the Anomalistic Month (not Sidereal Month). The Wikipedia article said:

The average duration of the anomalistic month is:

AM = 27.55454988 days[3]

The synodic month has an average duration of:

SM = 29.530588853 days[4]

The full moon cycle is the beat period of these two, and has a duration of:

(SM × AM)/(SM – AM) = 411.78443d <image001.png>

--
Verstuurd vanaf mijn Android apparaat met K-9 Mail. Excuseer mijn beknoptheid.

image001.png (240 bytes) Download Attachment