Amazing map

Amos Shapir-2
Amazingly comprehensive map of every country in the world that uses the MMDDYYYY format:

https://www.facebook.com/amazingmap1/photos/a.853968798052122.1073741828.853964498052552/974417589340575/?type=3&theater

Re: Amazing map

Victor Engel
Norway's digital archive for genealogical data uses mm-dd format in some places. The US, furthermore, doesn't use month, day, year order everywhere. For example, that is not what is used at the post office.

Victor

-- Irv Bromberg, Toronto, Canada

ISO Date Format Re: Amazing map

Irv, list sirs:
I made a meek attempt to raise my concern for date standardization for ISO 8601:1988 - expression of date in Descending Order for international documentation as, Era-Year-Week-Day followed by Time of Hour-Minute-Second (Week Day); but this is far from being accepted and disparity continues. In this connection my contribution in "Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Metrilogy, Quality And Global Trade (MQGT-'99); p.258; Metrology Society of India and National Physicsl Laboratory, New Delhi; 1999 February 24-26 refers".
I recall having sent some of my ideas to then President Intrrnational Organisation for Standardisation but the result we see still uses DD/MM/YY lacking the use of YYYY/MM/DD awaiting for some sort of "Wip  Instruction" from International Organisation for Standardisation, the National Law Makers or theWorldCalendarAssociation (Organisation) in making ISO 8601 a successful lead. Use of 'separators' is another matter. The question:
'Where does our WILL collapse & why'? Humans have to rise above politics, if we DO MEAN to make Calendar Reform any success - Time to leave the topic hanging is another option, sirs. My apology, I am stepping beyond my limitations, talking tall.
Author, Brij-Gregorian Modified calendar
Thursday, 2017 March 09H12:51 (decimal)

Sent from my iPhone

-- Irv Bromberg, Toronto, Canada

Re: Amazing map

Christoph Päper-2

Sounds like a i18n bug report would help more people …

> I use X10 hardware and software for automating my home lighting, but the "ActiveHome Pro" software requires the MM/DD/YYYY format (no warning if the user's date format is wrong, it just malfunctions in multiple subtle ways), so I created a different user account on my PC with that date format set, and I login to that account only when I need to change the X10 lighting schedule.

Sounds like a i18n bug report would help more people …

I don't know what "i18n" means, but anyway, the company stopped enhancing/fixing their products quite a few years ago (what an excellent way of "shooting yourself in the foot"), then went out of business, then they were resurrected by a third party group, and the new company has not yet got around to reinstating the software licensing or revising the software.