A new calendar

Jamison Painter
Hello, Calendar People:

I have completed my new calendar. It is 12x30 with 5/6 Blank Days. Each month is designated "Mensis Primus", "Mensis Secundus", etc, all the way to "Mensis Duodecimus". Each day has a person from Comte's Positivist Calendar, except for the Complementary Days, which retain the FRC celebrations, except for the sixth day, which could be different in every country.

Regards,
Jamison

4 Floreal CCXXVII, Hawthorn
4 Mensis Octavus, I, Chateaubriand

Re: A new calendar

Jamison Painter
I forgot to add that the New Year does start in Fall with the Autumnal Equinox, but the Leap Years are determined by the 4-128 Rule that says every four years is a leap year, UNLESS it is also divisible by 128 with no remainder. And it starts using reliable tables for the Equinox, rather than sight. It is the eighth month of year I right now.

Jamison Painter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello, Calendar People:
>
>I have completed my new calendar. It is 12x30 with 5/6 Blank Days. Each month is designated "Mensis Primus", "Mensis Secundus", etc, all the way to "Mensis Duodecimus". Each day has a person from Comte's Positivist Calendar, except for the Complementary Days, which retain the FRC celebrations, except for the sixth day, which could be different in every country.
>
>Regards,
>Jamison
>
>4 Floreal CCXXVII, Hawthorn
>4 Mensis Octavus, I, Chateaubriand

Re: A new calendar

sparkielee
Congratulations on your new calendar, Jamison!
I know you like the "decades" or 10 day "weeks" of the FRC. Does your calendar have the 10 day "weeks" too?

Paula

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 5:04 PM Jamison Painter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I forgot to add that the New Year does start in Fall with the Autumnal Equinox, but the Leap Years are determined by the 4-128 Rule that says every four years is a leap year, UNLESS it is also divisible by 128 with no remainder. And it starts using reliable tables for the Equinox, rather than sight. It is the eighth month of year I right now.

Jamison Painter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello, Calendar People:
>
>I have completed my new calendar. It is 12x30 with 5/6 Blank Days. Each month is designated "Mensis Primus", "Mensis Secundus", etc, all the way to "Mensis Duodecimus". Each day has a person from Comte's Positivist Calendar, except for the Complementary Days, which retain the FRC celebrations, except for the sixth day, which could be different in every country.
>
>Regards,
>Jamison
>
>4 Floreal CCXXVII, Hawthorn
>4 Mensis Octavus, I, Chateaubriand

Re: A new calendar

PAULA:

Yes, in fact I do use Decades (or Ten-days) for my calendar. Essentially, I take the format of the FRC, and simply change it to a more internationally appropriate scheme. Whatever I may think of Michael, he (and others) are correct that the FRC is very region-specific (although it DOES work almost perfectly in Iowa). Any internationally recognised calendar would have to be usable anywhere.

Regards,
Jamison

5 Floreal CCXXVII, Nightingale
5 Octavus I, Walter Scott

Paula Spart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations on your new calendar, Jamison!
I know you like the "decades" or 10 day "weeks" of the FRC. Does your calendar have the 10 day "weeks" too?

Paula

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 5:04 PM Jamison Painter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I forgot to add that the New Year does start in Fall with the Autumnal Equinox, but the Leap Years are determined by the 4-128 Rule that says every four years is a leap year, UNLESS it is also divisible by 128 with no remainder. And it starts using reliable tables for the Equinox, rather than sight. It is the eighth month of year I right now.

Jamison Painter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello, Calendar People:
>
>I have completed my new calendar. It is 12x30 with 5/6 Blank Days. Each month is designated "Mensis Primus", "Mensis Secundus", etc, all the way to "Mensis Duodecimus". Each day has a person from Comte's Positivist Calendar, except for the Complementary Days, which retain the FRC celebrations, except for the sixth day, which could be different in every country.
>
>Regards,
>Jamison
>
>4 Floreal CCXXVII, Hawthorn
>4 Mensis Octavus, I, Chateaubriand

13520.02.03 - Re: A new calendar

Litmus UCC
3♉20 UCC

Hi Jamison (and others)

Congratulations! Having previously saying you had no interest in
creating your own calendar it's good to see you now joining the fray!

So I understand it's a derivative of the FRC right? What does your
calendar look like? Do you have a graphic of some sort? Have you
published it somewhere where we can see it's structure and layout?
Please let me know so that I can see what it looks like.

Regards

Litmus

Litmus A Freeman
Creator of the Universal Celestial Calendar (UCC)
http://universalcelestialcalendar.com

On 4/23/19 9:59 PM, Jamison Painter wrote:
> Hello, Calendar People:
>
> I have completed my new calendar. It is 12x30 with 5/6 Blank Days. Each month is designated "Mensis Primus", "Mensis Secundus", etc, all the way to "Mensis Duodecimus". Each day has a person from Comte's Positivist Calendar, except for the Complementary Days, which retain the FRC celebrations, except for the sixth day, which could be different in every country.
>
> Regards,
> Jamison
>
> 4 Floreal CCXXVII, Hawthorn
> 4 Mensis Octavus, I, Chateaubriand

Re: 13520.02.03 - Re: A new calendar

Jamison Painter
LITMUS:

I have no graphic of my calendar, but I can tell you about it. It is a derivative of the FRC. It keeps the basic FRC structure, 12x30, 5/6 Blank Days. I still start in the Autumnal Equinox. Each month is simply named with the Latin ordinal numbers. I use the List of Honoured Men and Women from the Positivist Calendar. RIGHT NOW, I used the simple expedient of starting with the first month of each calendar, and simply copying the names directly. So the names that are celebrated in January on the Positivist Calendar come in Mid-September on my calendar. I am thinking of eventually doing more work on my calendar to balance out the cycle of Honoured Men and Women a bit differently. I celebrate Comte's Festival of the Dead on or near 1 Quartus, which corresponds to the Winter Solstice on or near 21 December. I celebrate his Festival of Holy Women every year on or near 1 Septimus, right on the Spring Equinox, on or near 21 March. I celebrate a Festival of Holy Men on or near 3 Decimus, on the Summer Solstice on or near 21 June. I keep the French Blank Days at the end of the year, with the French celebrations (Virtue,Genius [or Intellect], Labour, Opinion, and Rewards), but the sixth Leap Day can be anything a particular country wants to commemorate.

Comte's Festival of Holy Women is no longer a Leap Festival, but is celebrated every year. I have also added a Festival Holy Men every Year. The Festivals of the Dead, Women, and Men are movable feasts, rather like Easter, so they can be celebrated ON the Solstice or Equinox, rather than near it. Of course, the Autumnal Equinox is The Festival of the New Year on 1 Primus, on or near 22 September.

I decided to start the New Era now. We are in Year I of the Era Novum or E.N. Dates before this are -I Era Vetus, or E.V., Old Era.

I hope that makes some sense out of my calendar for you. It wasn't near as hard to develop as yours, and is not as complex. But it is fun.

Litmus UCC <[hidden email]> wrote:

>3♉20 UCC
>
>Hi Jamison (and others)
>
>Congratulations! Having previously saying you had no interest in
>creating your own calendar it's good to see you now joining the fray!
>
>So I understand it's a derivative of the FRC right? What does your
>calendar look like? Do you have a graphic of some sort? Have you
>published it somewhere where we can see it's structure and layout?
>Please let me know so that I can see what it looks like.
>
>Regards
>
>Litmus
>
>Litmus A Freeman
>Creator of the Universal Celestial Calendar (UCC)
>http://universalcelestialcalendar.com
>
>On 4/23/19 9:59 PM, Jamison Painter wrote:
>> Hello, Calendar People:
>>
>> I have completed my new calendar. It is 12x30 with 5/6 Blank Days. Each month is designated "Mensis Primus", "Mensis Secundus", etc, all the way to "Mensis Duodecimus". Each day has a person from Comte's Positivist Calendar, except for the Complementary Days, which retain the FRC celebrations, except for the sixth day, which could be different in every country.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jamison
>>
>> 4 Floreal CCXXVII, Hawthorn
>> 4 Mensis Octavus, I, Chateaubriand

13520.02.06 - Re: A new calendar

Litmus UCC
6 TWO-Taurus♉ 13520 UCC

Jamison

Thanks for the explanation. I think I understood most of that from parts
of various previous emails, but it helps to have it all in one place.
Have you thought about preparing a Wiki for addition to the Calendar
Wiki site that some of us use? I think that would be a good way to have
your calendar described properly in one place which you could link
people to, rather than having to type it all out each time.

I'm not really familiar with the details of the FRC, but I will look at
it more now in light of this. The main thing is to have fun of course,
and hopefully improve people's understanding of our cycles, how they
work, and how we can best stay in tune with nature